Wicked Twister Deconstruction

Seriously, maybe a new Cyclone coaster?

They could certainly do worse than a Hangtime-esque Gerstlauer Infinity Coaster over there.

Brandon

^I would LOVE to see one of those more local. Hangtime is such a great fit in that spot at Knotts, and I totally agree it'd fit really well by the beach at CP as well.

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

My vote is still for a small facility to fabricate supplies to update all park restrooms. I'd take A/C and nicer restrooms over any new ride.

RCMAC said:

I hope it is.
How about seafood with a nice view of the beach?

Classic Lake Erie yellow perch would be awesome! I suspect that availability may be a problem though. My parents went for perch every Friday night for many years at the American Slovak Club in Lorain. Always looked forward to it when I was back in town.

1974: Catering Slave for Interstate United
1975-77: Catering Manager for Cedar Point

Cartwright said:

I'd take A/C and nicer restrooms over any new ride.

Because the only thing better than them being impossibly wet at all times is having them be wet and cold.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

This is kind of tangentially related, but I'd love to see some sort of alternate reality thing where you could stand in certain spaces like on the Oceana Midway and pull up your camera and it'd superimpose past attractions like the Jumbo Jet or Cyclone. Not sure what it would really bring to the table other than being cool, but I'm sure someone could justify it from a social media strategy POV.

Mostly thought of that just trying to think of how big the CP Cyclone (and other historical coasters over that way) actually were, or how they would look to scale with the modern layout of things.

RCMAC said:

I hope it is.
How about seafood with a nice view of the beach?

CP gonna say there the restaurant capital of the World lol! Eater Point!

Or, you know, a mature park with both coasters and great diverse food options. Before you know it they will start focusing on more high-quality family attractions! (and ride operations)

Farmhouse isn't just a place to eat, it's also a place to chill out, enjoy a drink, take a nap (seen a lot of that), take in some nice live music...why not replicate this up front where there is literally none of this?

I'm not suggesting this is what it is, but if that's what it turned out to be I, for one, would be content.

And my contentment is all that matters.

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

Call the Marketing Department: "Contentiest Day Ever!"

Latest photos of the construction site seem to debunk any possibility of a ride; and add credibility to a stage or building being built instead. It remains to be seen what it is but I am putting my money on an entertainment space at this point.

Does anyone have a source for the photos? I haven't seen more?

Still haven't been able to uncross these circuits...
DJ Fischer

I came across the Cedar Point Nation Group on Facebook.

I'm guessing those are the pictures being referred to. There's also permit information on a 2 story grand pavilion that someone came across and posted, allegedly for the park.

Pet peeve... if you don't at the very least post a link to what you are talking about... why even post?

I agree. I tried to get the dude to post a link. He refused.

Joe
Eat 'em up, Tigers, eat 'em up!

I appreciate the link. Too bad it's behind a login wall.

DJ Fischer

Here's a link to the building permit information that some have referenced. It appears Sandusky uses the same solution as the community a I work for so it was easy to find for me.

Thank you Scott.

Grand pavilion catches my attention, along with 2 story building.

What does free standing traditionally mean? Would this be a 2 floor enclosed structure? Or a 2 story tall open pavilion similar to lakeside?

DJ Fischer

It is categorized on the document as "Amusement & Recreational Buildings" and also "Foods Building" with square footage of 25,700 and a value of $12,000,000 (if those numbers are accurate).

25,700 square feet of Lake Erie Perch...

Stoked to see what this is going to be (sorry, I've been in California for a week).

Grand Pavilion on the lake? Yes, please.

Promoter of fog.

I feel like they've been opening the view of the lake up. A new two story building would definitely strain that view again.

Joe
Eat 'em up, Tigers, eat 'em up!

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service