Witches' Wheel Removal Speculation

Yes, but where would they put it? Maverick and Skyhawk have quite some time ahead of them. I Think SRF has some high value to the park still because of its maximum soakage. Maybe remove thunder canyon?

Steel Vengeance rides: 210

I'd rather be sailing

Marina operations attendant 2021-2023

Removing the Witches Wheel might provide a "window" for some type of attraction (coaster) to exit the park proper ala Magnum. You'd basically have an "exit" alley between Gemini and the Magnum lift.

Where "it" goes from there I don't know...but removing Sandcastle Suites opens up a pretty good piece of land for some type of turnaround element. I'm not advocating this, mind you, because I still think the tip of the peninsula is prime real estate for a boutique resort taking full advantage of the view down there.

I don't know anything but IF they plan on going over 500' at some point in the foreseeable future then they are going to need a pretty good stretch of land to bleed off speed.

If they remove Dinosaurs Alive you now have an interesting corridor between Camp Snoopy and Dragster that lines up pretty well with Witches Wheel also. Maybe there is a chance for a new log flume in that area that takes advantage of the island and the removal of Shoot the Rapids.

"You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world...but it requires people to make the dreams a reality."

-Walt Disney

RCMAC said:

vwhoward said:
I like the sensation of the Canadian Skyhawk. And if you can get it spinning, urp... uh oh... HUUURRLLLL.

Fixed that for you.

Some people can handle it, others cannot. Just like Witch's Wheel πŸ˜‰ My dad always said if you can ride Witch's Wheel, you can ride anything.

Last edited by vwhoward,

Joe
Eat 'em up, Tigers, eat 'em up!

Chief Wahoo said:

Removing the Witches Wheel might provide a "window" for some type of attraction (coaster) to exit the park proper ala Magnum. You'd basically have an "exit" alley between Gemini and the Magnum lift.

Where "it" goes from there I don't know...but removing Sandcastle Suites opens up a pretty good piece of land for some type of turnaround element. I'm not advocating this, mind you, because I still think the tip of the peninsula is prime real estate for a boutique resort taking full advantage of the view down there.

I don't know anything but IF they plan on going over 500' at some point in the foreseeable future then they are going to need a pretty good stretch of land to bleed off speed.

Over in the 2019-2025 thread, I posted a very rough "sketch" of something similar to what you're talking about. Witches' Wheels sits right past the end of where the first drop of a 500 foot coaster could be.

They can remove Dragster and put the lift hill there. Then the drop can go past where Witch's Wheel is now.

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

Given this years attendance figures, they may want to save some money and just add an extra 100’ to Dragster for your 500’ wet dream.

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

My guess is the world's largest top spin. About 4 feet higher than the other ones.

Say NO to Maverick!

There is a guy on Facebook that claims he has "insider information" that Wicked Twister is being moved to the Witches Wheel spot. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ Yeah, ok, it will totally fit there πŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈ

Something untrue on facebook?

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

Surprise, surprise. Idiots claiming they have inside info. Why can't we just have fun speculating here?

Steel Vengeance rides: 210

I'd rather be sailing

Marina operations attendant 2021-2023

Unfortunately I don’t think there will be any new buildings built where the old sandcastle suites was. The land there is the reason why sandcastle was so dilapidated. Just horrible conditions for any building and a breeding ground for mold mildew etc (which is what was in sandcastle)..

I don't buy it being a problem with the land. The conditions on the tip of the peninsula can't be much different than the conditions under Hotel Breakers. And, here in Florida we build on the beaches (not very proud of that) all the time.

Sandcastle was built with poor materials because the management at the time wasn't completely convinced that resort growth was going to translate into revenue growth. In other words, they weren't all in and theu built it very cheaply. Just walk down a Sandcastle hallway and then walk down a Breakers East or Tower hallway and you could tell the difference immediately.

"You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world...but it requires people to make the dreams a reality."

-Walt Disney

The former SS site isn't some geological anomaly, close to conventional methods of construction can be used on the site. While it isn't exactly like building a new hotel next to 71 near Mansfield, they wouldn't be building on a bed of quicksand with bedrock 100+ feet below the surface.

Last edited by MichaelB,

Speaking of quicksand. When I was a kid I thought quicksand was going to be a much, much bigger problem in life than it turned out to be.

Cargo Shorts said:

Speaking of quicksand. When I was a kid I thought quicksand was going to be a much, much bigger problem in life than it turned out to be.

hahahahaha! Me too!

Tall and fast not so much upside down...

Its the Lightning Sand that you really need to look out for, and the ROUS.

Keep out of the swamp of sadness

First ride; Magnum 1994

So is there a Witches Wheel Willie or someone named like that? Will they go to absurd lengths to make sure they are on the last cycle of Witches Wheel? Do they have a home made Witches Wheel shirt?

These are the questions that need to be answered.

-Craig
Lifetime Laps on Woodstock Express: 0

Not if Himilaya Hank and Scrambler Steve enter the line after him.

Ah, fond memories of Schmedley Schwabinchen......and Dudley Demon Drop.....and Earl "Shakes" Earthquake.

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service