A ride that CP doesn't have & you wish it would...

CP has a lot of family rides already. Besides, the point of a log flume is to get yourself soaked. You can still enjoy them as a family even when getting wet, and Thunder Canyon is pretty good as a family ride. If you must know what I think, I prefer the Arrow-built Chute the Chutes by my favorite flat ride.

If anything, I think a log flume would be good, personally I'm not too crazy about them...

Last edited by Skyhawk06,

Steel Vengeance rides: 210

I'd rather be sailing

Marina operations attendant 2021-2023

Because flume rides are very enjoyable?

Maverick since '99

Okay, you have a point. I guess I'm the only one who isn't too crazy about log flumes. XD Maybe they could combine a log flume and a dark ride? That would be kind of cool. But with some better safety measures, because we don't really need another STR again.

I'd rather be sailing

Maybe you’re missing my point.

My tubs were my favorite part about CEDAR POINT growing up, and I would love to see them again someday. I know they can do it. They are the best park on the planet!

You're right, I think I am. Do you have any pictures of Sir-rub-a-dub's tubs? I'm pretty new to the whole CP thing.

I'd rather be sailing

I have plenty of them but none of them are digital. I will have to search for some for you.

I wish I could find pictures of me on it when I was a kid!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't they in the kiddie kingdom or something? By Maxair? If anything, if they wanted to resurrect it, where would they put it?

I'd rather be sailing

I have an old unofficial CP guidebook (2007) that has sir rub-a-dub's tubs. I'm pretty sure it says they were in kiddy kingdom.

Last edited by Maverick360,

RMC streak or bust!

Cedar Point does not, by any stretch of the imagination, have a lot of family rides. My only guess when anyone says something contrary is that they do not have children. Cedar Point has a lot of rides that can be ridden by families as long as everyone is over 48", and a smattering of rides that parents can uncomfortably cram themselves into (anything Peanuts).

Both of my girls have now crossed the magical 48" threshold, but nothing would make me happier than to see Cedar Point install a handful of moderately thrilling (god forbid a true family coaster) rides the whole family can Enjoy (capital E intentional) together. There are a few, yes, but nothing to really write home about.

And yes, Sir Rub-a-Dubs was in Kiddy Kingdom.

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

^ I remember when that was on the CP website, thought it was hysterical!

ROUNDABOUND.

Reading this thread today I couldn't remember what Sir Rub-A-Db Tubs were. Thanks for the refresher. I rode them too many agonizing times with my young son. It would move ever so slowly past the Maxair crowd. That's another water ride they removed from the park.

Hmm, Kevinj, you have a point. CP is mostly about the thrilling rides like Skyhawk and Maxair... But now that I sit and think about it, an enjoyable family ride would be good for the park's lineup, don't you think?

Also, don't we have 2 areas for kids at the roller coast?

I'd rather be sailing

Well, Iron Dragon and Cedar Creek Mine Ride would be family rides if the height requirement wasn’t so stupid for both of them. There is not a reason iron dragon isn’t 42” and mine ride should get new trains with individual lap bars to allow the same height restriction.

CP Top 5: 1) Steel Vengeance 2) Maverick 3) Magnum 4) Raptor 5) Millennium

What’s the height requirement for The Bat at Kings Island? Isn’t it 42”? And that ride is way more dynamic by leaps and bounds over Iron Dragon... How about Ninja at SFMM?

ROUNDABOUND.

Ninja is 42", while The Bat is 48" like Iron Dragon.

Skyhawk06 said:

Three, actually. Plenty of rides for the kids.

My point is, one would probably assume that the roller-coaster-capital-of-the-world would have at least one family coaster.

One would be wrong.

Promoter of fog.

Iron Dragon was 46" until it was raised to 48" in 2014 or 2015 for "consistency" in the chain. Which is sad considering Ninja is 42".

The same reason that allegedly led to the neutering of Blue Streak (Both woodies should have ratchet bars and fin brakes... for consistency!)

Disaster Transport was also 46".

I like to compare CF to SFGAm in this respect. If you're 42" tall, here's what coasters you can ride at SFGAm:

• Whizzer (36", 42" alone)
  • Dark Knight with adult (42", 48" alone)
  • Little Dipper (36", 42" alone)
  • Sprocket Rockets (36")
  • Demon (42"... an Arrow looper with a crazy first drop... has a 42" height restriction)
  • I've heard American Eagle, which is a very large wooden racer, used to be 42" and was only put up to 48" when parents complained that their kids couldn't ride the new smaller woodie, Viper, which opened as 48". Consistency strikes again.)

At CP, here's what coasters you can ride if you're 42" tall

• Wilderness Run (36")
  • Woodstock Express with an adult (36", 48" alone)
  • Pipe Scream with an adult (marketed as coaster, 42", 48" alone.)

It's also worth noting that Mindbender and Shockwave at SFOG and SFOT, two intense Schwarzkopfs, also have 42" restrictions, although Revolution at SFMM does not. I'll put that aside, but it's still worth remembering.

So basically, at one park, a 42" child who likes coasters can ride a coaster with inversions, a relatively intense (compared to a kiddie coaster) wild mouse with an adult, and also Whizzer, which for a small child, is still a pretty intense ride. For a while, that child could ride American Eagle until "consistency" reared its ugly head. That's 3, formerly 4, decent rides.

At CP, that same child is limited to a small kiddie coaster, a large kiddie/small family coaster and a family flat ride which is basically a powered coaster.

CP has plenty of "family-level" coasters for the 48" category. Iron Dragon, CCMR, and arguably Blue Streak, although the latter is quite intense IMO. Also at 48", you can ride a huge chunk of CP's collection, including Magnum, Millennium Force and soon, Steel Vengeance. It's ridiculous that somebody 47" tall is limited to kiddie coasters and a coaster-like flat, when 48" has so many rides. It's a huge "step."There needs to be more for the 42"-48" range. Perhaps even down to 36".

Last edited by GigaG,

Skyhawk06 said:

... But now that I sit and think about it, an enjoyable family ride would be good for the park's lineup, don't you think?

Yes,couldn't agree more about the need for a wild mouse type coaster (that the whole family could ride) which the park hasn't had in over 50 years. The area by Kiddie Kingdom used to have a little dipper (super coaster) in the area back in the mid 60's. Boy one of these would sure look good in the old AWE stadium area. Also there are 3 kids areas at CP: Kiddie Kingdom, Planet Snoopy, and Camp Snoopy. There's already 2 coasters in CS (Wilderness Run and Woodstock Express) but no coasters by the other 2 kids areas. An added family coaster would sure help the area.

I agree CP could use some more family rides but a coaster wouldn't be it. Bring back rides like a new version of the paddle wheel boats, a dark ride or a traditional flume ride. Rides along those lines would bring some variety to the lineup. Over the years CP has lost a car ride, a boat ride, an observation tower, two dark rides, a sky ride, a flume ride, a carousel, swan boats, an ice skating show, a zoo walk-through and animal show, an aquarium and dolphin show and these are just off the top of my head. All were solid family attractions, just putting in a coaster with a low height requirement to improve the family experience would be pretty unimaginative in my opinion. Get some more variety into the park.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

I think a nice family style coaster would be great in the area that the stadium was in. Would like to see something along the lines of the kids wood coaster at MIA. That was a great first step for my kids in building up the confidence to ride without clinging to me.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service