Working in 2006

Where do you want to work in 2006 if you come back or even if it is your going to be your first season.

I wanna work in Area 2. Any suggestions on the best rides back there to work at?

My first choice would be one of the open merchandise supervisor positions, but since that probably won't happen I would have to say TL at Dragster Photo or TL at Olde Time.

Official Cedar Point Alumni
Ride Photo 2005-2006

Raptor or Millennium Force. I'm kinda leanin more towards Millennium Force. Everyone goes on those. People from school would see me and be jealous that I live at CP over the summer.

Season Pass Holder-2003/2004/2005/2006

I'm with Jethro on this one, actually. I'd want to go back to Raptor because I know the ride and it's so fast and fun, or Millenium because it's the #1 coaster in the world and the people I know that worked there this year loved it!

Millennium Force Crew '06!
Raptor Crew '05
Middle Tennessee State University
Nashville Predators 2006: It's GO TIME! Death before I'm a Red Wings fan!!

I'd vote Magnum, just because it's that much better than raptor!

Anyone ever been a waiter at a restaurant like TGI Fridays or any other sit down restaurants at the point? I'd so be interested in doing that, and I have experience doing it.

If you had a server job, did you make good tips? get worked hard? make good money?

I plan on returing to the Millennium Force crew next year.

2005/2006: Cedar Point - Millennium Force
2007/2008/2009: Walt Disney World - Magic Kingdom - Tomorrowland Speedway
2008: Hard Rock Park - Maximum RPM! Opening Supervisor
2008/2009: Universal Orlando - Men in Black: Alien Attack Team Leader, Guest Services Coordinator

That much better than Raptor, eh? Lol, I'd beg to differ on that one!

Raptor Crew '05

Well, our spiel did say "enjoy your ride on the coaster that's so much better than raptor it's not even funny", so that right there pretty much just proves it. im sorry.

Going back to Millennium would be awesome, but then again a change of scenery could be nice as well. I guess I'll just see where the chips fall...

Millennium Force Crew '05 -- The only ride in the park better than the Bronze Griffin

geewhzz said:
Anyone ever been a waiter at a restaurant like TGI Fridays or any other sit down restaurants at the point? I'd so be interested in doing that, and I have experience doing it.

If you had a server job, did you make good tips? get worked hard? make good money?

I asked one of the Fridays' servers when I went there with my family how her money situation was, and she told me they got MONDO tips.

Which, I guess, could be expected, seeing as the Breakers is a pretty expensive place to stay, and so the people who stay there and eat there can afford to tip well.

maXine
2005- Corkscrew
2006- ATL Corkscrew/Top Thrill Dragster

Gonna have to agree with you "pkevin" about that one ;-)

2007 - Top Thrill Dragster
2005 - Magnum XL-200/Camp Snoopy/Monster/Witches Wheel

If I was offered a job serving at TGI Friday's or Famous Dave's, I'd take it in a heartbeat. Figure a family of 4 at one of those restaurants is going to average about $70-80. Average tip of 17.5%, thats $13.13 per table. Say you have 5 tables to cover and each table turns 6 times in a 10 hour shift. You just made $393.90 in one shift, and that doesn't include the $2.13 per hour that Cedar Point is paying you!

Work (6) 10 hour shifts and your pulling down $2500 per week! *** Edited 11/8/2005 7:13:13 AM UTC by RidePhoto101***

Official Cedar Point Alumni
Ride Photo 2005-2006

Another Magnum? Its like a plague!

How many weddings do YOU have this year?

Thats right. *** Edited 11/8/2005 7:15:31 AM UTC by Rider***

-Greaseman

2007: Wicked Twister TL
2006: Disaster Transport ATL
2005: Raptor

If i was to come back next year i would work TTD. I got to work alot of different rides the last 2 months of the year and the only other ride that i found to be alot of fun was Twister.

2005-2007 Cedar Point
2007-2008 Dueling Dragons TL
2008- present Sea World Orlando Shamu Lead Area 2

That's right, Greaseman!! I thought we had a rivalry with Mantis all this time, but we had them beat all year.. looks like Magnum wants some now, lol!

Edit: Spelling!
*** Edited 11/8/2005 3:42:29 PM UTC by TheTitan_04***

Raptor Crew '05

Kevin, how did our numbers look again this season compared to Raptor's? :)

2007 - Top Thrill Dragster
2005 - Magnum XL-200/Camp Snoopy/Monster/Witches Wheel

Hmmm... gosh... I remeber that one day... Magnum's highest daily of the year. Wow they were so proud.

And we beat it. :)

-Greaseman

2007: Wicked Twister TL
2006: Disaster Transport ATL
2005: Raptor

sorry, colin, phil confessed that you guys didnt really beat it that day, he just wanted to piss us off. anyway, next year, the rivalry between magnum and raptor will be reborn, mark my words, lol.

You think it'll be reborn, huh? You do know that means you're going to have to hit interval more than once an hour, right? ;)

Kara (car-uh)

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service