Working in 2004?

I didn't get my first choice of Magnum, but I got my second choice of Raptor! Really looking forward to this summer.
Zone 1 is the best in the park!

I'll be a part of the Wicked Crew yet again... I'm excited. :)

------------------
2003 - Wicked Twister Crew
2004 - Wicked Twister Crew

Hey Italics - I'm sorry you didn't get your first choice of Magnum. I really like having people who are enthusiastic about being there and will work hard to make our crew THE BEST. But since you got Raptor, I'm sorry but we're going to have to kick your butt now! ;)

In all seriousness though, I think Raptor would be a great ride to work. We must have similar tastes because I've always said it would be my second choice as well. Have a good summer

Long live the coaster that fired the first shot in the coaster wars: the Magnum XL-200! :)

-Matt
2001 Magnum Crew
2003 Magnum Crew
2004 Magnum ATL

ah Matt we need to bring back the old Magnum vs Raptor wars. But, than again Magnum is THEE ONLY REAL RIDE!!!! And Zone 3 is better than Zone 1 on anyday.
Heh, well I'll look forward to the challenge. It's kind of ironic I got placed on Raptor; I'll be working to beat intervals of that wonderful hypercoaster I love so much. :)

I'm glad I got Raptor though; not in the least bit disapointed. I can't wait to test ride in the mornings!
------------------
'04 Raptor Crew

Well Raptor doesn't have a consequence if you miss intervals Maggie you gotta bust tail or else set ups and sets up = operational downtime = no good
That's what I thought. How is it working under the pressure?

------------------
'04 Raptor Crew

Personally I love working under the pressure. I strive to work hard and I want other people to notice that I am working hard. And plus when you word hard it makes those long days go by so much faster.
Truthfully, Magnum's interval isn't that hard to hit every time. It's about 1:20 (it says 1:15 in the manual, but the lift seems to be slower these days than it was in the POV I have on my computer) so you have the train in the station for about 50 seconds. This is plenty of time with either four or five people working the platform. On top of that, you have almost 30 seconds between the interval point and the set up point so ideally, set ups won't occur for anything other than a difficult special access guest or something like that.

What will set us apart this summer will not just be hitting every interval, but also filling all the seats on the train by pairing up singles if we can or calling for singles to come on down and fill up those seats. Three empty seats per train is almost over 8% of your capacity, so it's important to keep them full. It's important to still hit interval when doing this though because five extra seconds spent filling the train costs you more than the 8% you gained. The more people we put onto each train and the more trains we dispatch, the less people left on the patform. This means we can let more people through the turnstiles, move the line, and keep it short. Keeping the line short is what keeps people coming into our line and that gives us better numbers.

Jimmy is right! It's easy to be mediocre and just go through the motions of doing your job. But it can be truely rewarding to bust your butt going above and beyond typical. Not only does it make the day go faster, but it gives you a sense of pride that you're being the best you can be. My goal is to have a crew full of people who work as hard as Jimmy and I (the two headed monster) did last year. Trust me - people (guests, crewmembers, sups, managers, etc) notice when you work hard. I don't want people saying I'm doing an "average" job! :)

-Matt
2001 Magnum Crew
2003 Magnum Crew
2004 Magnum ATL

WOW matt, im impressed..i hope you keep that attitude all season because its great..i think the leadership at magnum is excellent this year and i think you ll have a great year..ill see you all soon and good luck this summer..it sounds like you truly love magnum and that makes it all the better!!

------------------
TC crew 95
Tiques ATL 96
Raptor 97
Corkscrew/Troika ATL/GeminiATL 02
Mean Streak ATL/ Gemini TL 03
Zone 4 Assistant Sup 04

hey folks, this is genevieve, some of you may know or remember me, some may not, more power to you if you do, just wanted to say hi and that i will be back for a FIFTH summer, why?..you wonder...b/c there is NOTHING to do in my little town over the summer and i like to get away anyway....so hope to meet some folks....if you'd like to chat on aol, my name is littlemeve.......

------------------
admissons-"00"
admissons-"01"
ATL of marina gate admissions-"02"
TGI Fridays server-"03"

admissions-"04" ...hopefully

well i finally know for sure where ill be this summer!! i had applied for guest services, but low and behold im back in merch @ sneak peeks again:) for a 3rd yr...TL this season, its gonna be soo much fun, i cant wait!! any sneak peekers IM if you want to know all about it... swtninnocentq

Whew... The initial rush is beginning to wear off... Im going to be working a waer ride, which is cool... I didnt get a roller coaster, but in a way im glad... Snake River Falls is gonna be fun, and if I get a chance ill come by and see all of you

Sean

------------------
2004: Snake River Falls (First Year)

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service