Working in 2004?

I can't wait to walk on the "Booneway" this spring.... You own it Boone!

------------------
'04 ATL Top Thrill Dragster
'03 WT crew/ATL Sky Ride
'02 WT crew

Ok, is no one going to mantis? serisously. it's not that bad.

btw, congrats amanda and kippy on your new tl positions, oh yeah, and brian for your mantis atl spot.

------------------
Mantis Crew 2003 & 2004

Disney Intern 2004 --Disney's-MGM Studios Rock N Roller Coaster Crew
*** This post was edited by vdude02 1/16/2004 11:25:00 AM ***

I'm a first timer this year and according to my phone interview, I'll be on Power Tower. They made it sound like Dragster AND Mantis were both so easy to get operationals, you could get fired your first day on the job. I wouldn't feel to secure working either of them being a newby. I would like to, however, try Wicked Twister or maybe Dragster towards the end of the summer when I am more comfortable.

------------------
Race for the Sky...
TOP THRILL DRAGSTER

Don't worry about getting operationals MrTTDfreak. Dragster and Mantis both have some strick rules and guidelines that must always be followed. But its not like every day someone is getting an operational. I had the opportunity to work on Dragster this past summer for about 2 weeks, and I didn't get an operational. If your doing your job, and paying attention to what you are doing then you have nothing to worry about. As for 'trying' different rides towards the end of the summer, that usually happens during the bonus weekends and such. For the most part of the summer you will be on the ride your assigned to. You might be cross trained on other rides incase they need you to work elsewhere. You can't just say I want to work on Dragster this week, and Power Tower the next. But overall don't worry about getting an operational, as long as you do your job you will be fine.
------------------
Monster/W.W. Crew '04
Monster/W.W. Crew '03
As a Mantis crew member for the past 2 years, I can attest that it is possible to get operationals. But then again, so is every other ride. But like SCarolina01 said, as long as you are doing your job and paying attention, you'll be fine. I went all of last summer without one operational, so it is entirely possible. It's all about having fun and still making sure that you are doing everything that you were trained to do, including the safety of the ride, it's passengers, etc. Follow that and you should be fine.

------------------
2004 - ATL Mantis
2003 - Mantis
2002 - Mantis
2001 - S.C. Foods Supervisor

absolutly brian your right on that...pay attention no matter how chaotic or boring your job is at cp and you will be fine. take it from a person that has just one operational in 3yrs

------------------
Cedar Creek Trading Co. 1999
MF Crew 2002
Sky Ride ATL 2003 /
Turnpike Cars TL 2003
Bluestreak TL 2004

Thanks guys for the information. I just hope Power Tower doesn't get too monotonous.

------------------
POWER TOWER crew 2004
Race for the Sky...
Top Thrill Dragster

There's no need to worry about getting operationals as a newbie MrTTDfreak. I went the entire season without an operational on the Mantis as a newbie. Trust me, if I can do it, anybody can.

------------------
Mantis Crew 2003 & 2004

Disney Intern 2004 - Rock N Roller Coaster Crew

I worked on Corkscrew last year, and Dragster numerous times...and of the two i got a freakin operational at Corkscrew. The operational was complete bullsh*t since we were shut down at the time, but o well. You really can't get an operational, unless you are not paying attention to what you are doing...so if you don't get distracted, then you should be fine! I can not wait til this summer...i miss CP a ton!

------------------
Brian :-P

Dragster Crew 2004
SuperScrew Crew 2003

MrTTDfreak said:
Thanks guys for the information. I just hope Power Tower doesn't get too monotonous.

Don't worry, Iworked at PT for two years. It's a good time but sure it can get slow at times, all rides get monotonous sometimes. It's just the fact that you're always doing the same thing. My advice is to be a ride whore (and I mean that in a good way) as much as possible... whenever they need a volunteer to go someplace else, go. It keeps you from getting too tired of your job and your crew (you're with them 60+ hours a week). Every location is fun for a day or two, even if you wouldn't want to be there all summer and when you go back you'll like PT even better.

------------------
-Nichole
00,01 Power Tower
02,03 Wicked Twister, ATL in 03

What is an operational?
it's the term they use when you screw up while at controls. different rides have different procedures while at controls. i almost got one on snake last year. the only way you can get one on that ride is if you sent the boat and it wasn't ready to go. ie lap bars are up. yeah i did that. but the boat went 2 inches before i stopped it. and because of the fact that 5 employees were standing in front of the control booth...where they weren't supposed to be...(position change got hectic at the peak of the season) i only got a warning. i thought i had 2 thumbs and a clear. it wasn't so.
don't worry. you have to do this a few times before getting in deep poopie.
------------------
Snake River 2003
Or you can recieve them on platform, mostly for coasters, if you allow items that are not aloud on the ride. i.e.-video cameras for all coasters, down to sunglass with no straps on TTD. But as long as you're doing your job, you won't have a problem. I didn't get one on TTD last season and I worked there for more than 2 months.

------------------
TC 2004. Let the fun begin.

Thunder Canyon 2003/TTD 2003

*** This post was edited by CrazyCoasterGuy 1/17/2004 10:33:44 PM ***

Ross will be returning in Summer 2004 ... :)

I am going to be on Cad Cars and Cedar Downs again ...

going to be working with Adam TL and Matt ATL ... this will be the best summer ever ...

2004 - THE YEAR OF THE BEAVER ON CAD CARS

ROSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great to hear your coming back...

------------------
June 11th, 2001 - Gemini 100
VertiGo Rides - 82

yea being a ride whore isnt bad i was one for zone two the only rides i didnt go to were cad cars and ceaderdowns, matthorn triangle, and wild cat. but i am to return in 2004 to millennuim force i worked there last summer at the end of season along with mantis it was hard to chose cuz i would love to go back to mantis hey who knows i might still get to go back.

------------------
~Brat~
no one will know till they see me '04
Kiddykingdom 03
mantis n millennium at the end of season

I'M EXCITED. I just got off the phone with Chris Knauf and he is sending me a work agreement! This will be my first summer working at Cedar Point. I'm coming all the way from Maryland. Can't wait to meet all of you!

------------------
'01- Best Buy Front Lanes
'02- Best Buy Front Lanes/Cst. Service
'03-Best Buy Customer Service
'04- CP AWAITING WORK AGREEMENT!

hey Red Garter Rob .... yep Ross will be making his return for the 2004 season :) ...

where are you going to be working ?? lata

Besides internationals, how far do people usually come from to work at Cedar Point?

------------------
'01- Best Buy Front Lanes
'02- Best Buy Front Lanes/Cst. Service
'03-Best Buy Customer Service
'04- CP AWAITING WORK AGREEMENT!

hey DareDevil1914

there's people who come from all over the US to work at Cedar Point .... from Oregon to California down to Texas and Florida and up to Connecicut ... best theme park in the world ... so they come from all over to work here :)

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service