Record-breaking Siren’s Curse tilt coaster to lure Cedar Point thrill seekers in 2025

veritas55:

Vekoma's vests are more forgiving than B&M's

Not rode one myself but everything I’ve seen about Gen 2 Vekoma vests is they are easily the best restraint on the planet and the vest is more a soft fabric thing that is there as extra as opposed to the harder vests of a B&M.

Maverick00:
why Cedar Point and not any of the other 25 parks in the chain.

Top Thrill 2.

/\

well said.

DA20Pilot:

I'm really curious to know how the mechanism to hold the train to the tilt track works, and what failsafe redundancies are in place. Rideman or anyone have info on this?

These are the details I'm most interested in as well. The RCDB description of a "hook" and "plate" doesn't come remotely close enough to the level of detail I'd like to see.

Another detail I'd like to know is whether this was "purchased" by CF/CP from SF, or from/through whatever vestiges are left of each individual company. Given the ride's international history, I'd love to know how all that was handled financially.

Brandon

I see that the total lack of expected announcement has led to cosmically insane speculation about a hundred unrelated things despite the facts of an actual announcement for all to see.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

hey, we like to be picky, okay?

Maverick00:

this was intended for Six Flags Mexico

When Mexico sends its coasters, they’re not sending their best. They’re sending coasters that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing tilts. They’re bringing boring layouts. They’re vestists. And some, I assume, are good coasters.

Sit tight fellas ;)

... and they're only bringing 2 trains

djDaemon:

A20Pilot:

I'm really curious to know how the mechanism to hold the train to the tilt track works, and what failsafe redundancies are in place. Rideman or anyone have info on this?

These are the details I'm most interested in as well. The RCDB description of a "hook" and "plate" doesn't come remotely close enough to the level of detail I'd like to see.

Another detail I'd like to know is whether this was "purchased" by CF/CP from SF, or from/through whatever vestiges are left of each individual company. Given the ride's international history, I'd love to know how all that was handled financially.

I'm pretty sure I saw a youtube video going over some the details of this tilt track mechanism and it was filmed at the Vekoma testing grounds. Lemme try to find it.

Ok here it is:

It may not be sufficient details for what you seek, but check out 2:24 onward....

Last edited by veritas55,

By the way, are they re-routing the road, is this occupying any of the road space and the road now going through the old dorms area.

Apologies, but I can't seem to tell from the quick edits in the video...

they appear to be re-routing the road for this, and yes, the coaster is taking up the area where the road is now, according to what i can tell from the plot of land on google maps.

Last edited by millenniumpotato,

It looks to me that the new road will follow the opposite 2 edges of the dirt patch that it currently does. The video shows the existing parking lots still on the other side of the road.

Anyone compare the existing trees to the video, wonder if they plan on saving any of them.

Not sure I'm a fan of the loading and unloading on the same side of the station. It's not going to be a people eater.

They could have called it Wildcat's Revenge... err.. wait.

Visually, it looks like the train is held from the rear and held by brakes. The failsafe appears to be a stopper at the end of the tilt track that can only be disengaged by pistons physically pushing up from the circuit connection point. I guess that should have been obvious.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Duh, I don’t think that’s correct. What you’re looking at in the rendering are the regular queue line and the fast lane line. The exist is likely on the opposite side and will go under the brake run and to the left, where it will eventually spill into that building rendered between SC and Valravn’s dive loop.

Two holding brake/vertical drop coasters side by side!

It’s good that they are expanding into that area and moving the roadway. That area of the park always felt like it was built right against the road, which it is lol

It looks like the Celebration Plaza stage is going to be totally removed.

It’s an awful venue for both the performers and the audience. So it’s not a loss. Will something else replace it or were live entertainment received further cuts?

I was also very surprised by this.

I was also very pleased with the way the announcement was made as opposed to other teasers, fake leads and announcements of announcements to be announced....

I hope the company continues to make their announcements in this manner.

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

the more I read about this, the more intriguing it is that CP leaped on this apparently so last minute.

Did it become available because Six Flags Mexico did indeed mess up the permitting process to get it built or did Six Flags reshuffle things to CP in light of TT2? But is it odd if TT2 is indeed re-opening next year to not just coast (no pun intended) off it's "re-opening" versus add another last-minute ride? Or was it a case that the process for Six Flags Mexico was going to keep that ride dead for a year and so CF/Six Flags figured it might as well go to a park that otherwise was not planning anything?

In any event, if TT2 is up and running, 2025 will be epic for CP.

blauer:

It’s an awful venue for both the performers and the audience. So it’s not a loss. Will something else replace it or were live entertainment received further cuts?

A new stage of that size feels unlikely. Further cuts are possible but I imagine we'll see more street shows along the lines of Boardwalk Nights instead of singular large productions.

"Thank the Phoenicians!"

Thought experiment... You open a new ride and it closes a week later for the season. Weather is good and there is no appreciable change in attendance. Do you react by installing a new ride the next year to compensate for the feelings of people online who will go to the park anyway?

I think everyone knows the answer to that.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service