Opening Day 2007!

This will be my first time going on opening day, i can't wait!

MF.. 47................Dragster..24
WT..31
Maverick. one amazing ride! first person from the SC gates to ride on its opening day! besides red cross
Maverick rides = 18

djDaemon, if your "troops" think you plan ahead, this is my schedule:

May 12th - Cedar Point --- May 26th - Geauga Lake

June 9th - Soak City/CP --- June 16th-17th - PKI

July 4th - Cedar Point --- July 23rd - Carowinds

Aug 4th - Soak City/CP ---August 18th -Geauga Lake

Sept 2, 9, 16, 23 & 30th --- Cedar Point

Oct 7,14,21, & 28th --- Cedar Point

All Dates Subject to change, more added if possible.

Is May 12th here yet? :)

If the trans on my car wasn’t crapping up I wouldn’t worry about a schedule, I'd just go whenever I’m not working:). Though I plan on going hopefully 20 times this season. But now I can only go when I'm allowed to take the "family car". I know, for sure, that I'm going 3 times in May (OD for sure and one trip on Memorial Day) and about 4 times in June....unfortunatly, the rest of my trips depend on if I can afford a new car.

But enough about that because apparently John doesn’t want to meet at Midway Market.:)
Ok, assuming you do go, where would you suggest John?
We should make 2 choices and pick one in the end. I'll throw Midway Market as one of main choices, now how bout dat udder one?

*** Edited 2/2/2007 9:34:48 PM UTC by TTD 120mph***

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

Anywhere but MM. I don't really care where though, even Macaronis or the pavilions would be better than Midway Market.

Goodbye MrScott

John

I know...Gemini's new restrooms!

*** Edited 2/2/2007 10:54:02 PM UTC by Loopy***

eat. sleep. ride! - Coaster apparel and accessories!

Ride on, MrScott!

Hey guys, like I said before, I will go with whatever the majority wants. I would just like to meet all of you people. How about Famous Daves if you don't like the pavillion thing. Great food!

Last year we all meant at the picnic pavillion on the right. I'm not wild about meeting at a restaurant inside CP, there are just too many varibles.

How many people are going to come is a problem, last year we had about some 10 to 15 who were coming and suppost to bring food, then only about 5 actually showed up with what they were suppost to bring. It will be great if we go into a place and request a table for 30 and then only 8 people show up.

Plus, eating inside CP is expensive. I can go and buy hot dogs for 30 people cheaper then eating at some of the places.

And what I think is most important, if we meet and eat in a restaurant, there will be no room to move around and mingle with different people. Typically when eating at a place, you sit down and have to fellowship with those sitting immediately next to you, therefore you wouldn't be able to talk and get to know everyone.

As far as Walt and Jeff, neither of them came around last year. Don't know about Jeff, but Walt seems to be pretty busy on opening day shooting pictures and stuff.

Coasterking, mikeybo, and tank, what do you guys think. I know when you guys say your going to be.

Trip Count 2003: 13 2004: 24 2005: 22 2006: 25 2007: 25

ejh, I also agree about meeting in the pavillion as we did last year but I will do whatever the majority wants like I said. Anyway, just like last year, alot of people said that they would be there but, who will actually show up? Even if it was just you and the others that showed up last year would be nice enough for me and my girlfriend. I say pavillion...

Yeah shoot, that good with me. Can't pass up those hot dogs with your world famous sauce on them.

Trip Count 2003: 13 2004: 24 2005: 22 2006: 25 2007: 25

yeah i will be there just tell me were and when

MF.. 47................Dragster..24
WT..31
Maverick. one amazing ride! first person from the SC gates to ride on its opening day! besides red cross
Maverick rides = 18

I'll be there. I wouldn't mind meeting up with some of you guys this year. It'd be fun. :)

2012 - Magnum XL 200 Crew

I suppose I could do the Pavillions. I may not be able to bring food but I'll still bring a gift for any and all who show up. So make sure you DO show up if you say you are.:)

Now let's talk about some times. What time did you guys meet last year ejh/coasterking?

You all know you're making plans for something that's 3 months away, right?

We'll miss you MrScott and Pete

Opening day is pretty busy for me getting things done for the site (as are the days leading up to it). Plus I need to make time for the family on that day. It didn't work out last year, but I'm hopeful I'll be able to at least say "hi" this year.

*** Edited 2/3/2007 1:26:56 PM UTC by Walt***

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

Pavillion then?

^^^ Besides ski trips, what else is there to look forward to in the belly of winter but CP opening day!

I'll bring something great to eat, not sure what though. Time at pavillion? Exit, Loopy, any interest?

randi <><
Peace Love Hope

Vince982 said:
You all know you're making plans for something that's 3 months away, right?

It's good to plan things ahead.:)

We are 97% sure we'll be there for opening day. Of course, if we're there, we'll come meet everyone.

No real suggestions here, just make a time and place and we'll be there.

eat. sleep. ride! - Coaster apparel and accessories!

Ride on, MrScott!

Ok, lets go for the pavillion for 1:00. Everyone is welcomed and you don't have to bring food if you can't. I'm sure that among of us that were there last year and whoever else is willing to pitch in that there will be plenty of food for everyone. Although, it's nice to have a variety of dishes so make your favorite and let us try.

ejh, are you still in for the dogs? I will bring the chilli plus a side or two and I will also bring charcoal and fluid. We will need paper plates, napkins, etc. if anyone wants to volunteer.

So, what do all of you PBers think?

I'll volunteer the paper plates.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service