Opening Day 2007!

Nice meeting ya'll. Sorry you couldn't make it Ensign. We figured something happened. Life does get it the way of our plans sometimes. :( Walt, sorry to have missed ya. Loopy, did you come as the invisible man? Halloweekends isn't until much later. ;)

randi <><
Peace Love Hope

Wow, what an awesome opening day! I'm SOOO glad I was able to make it to the meeting and meet everyone. It was a blast riding pretty much everything with you guys. Hope to see some of you again at either Mavericks opening day, or Coaster Mania.

I have pics, but they're not the best quality.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v175/Dragster420/openingdfay049.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v175/Dragster420/openingdfay051.jpg

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

Hey Good Grief, it was nice meeting and talking to you. We hope to see you again DUDE...lol

Yes, thank you to everyone who came and made it possible. With all the food we had and the fellowship, plus the turnout, it was very nice. Great meeting many of you for the first time as well. Now when I get bashed on here, I'll have a face to put on the screen name, lol jk.

I have many pictures and I'll be sure to send them to Walt so those who didn't come can see what they missed. I also put them on facebook, but couldn't remember everyone who to tag, so if you are my friend (eric jordan herr), let me know if I did anyone wrong or if I need to add more tags.

Hopefully I'll see many of you on the midways and we'll have to do it again next year.

Trip Count 2003: 13 2004: 24 2005: 22 2006: 25 2007: 25

Can someone refresh my memory on Walt's email to submit pics? I tried to look for it but I'm still half asleep so I didn't find it... Thx!!

walt@schmidty.com

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

Sorry we missed yesterday. As Ensign said, he had a crappy weekend. He called me last minute and he was super dissapointed to cancel on me and you guys. My hubby doesn't really do too many rides and he's got a knee thing going on so he wouldn't go and a friend who I know would go last minute had to work. BTW, the kebabs were good. We'll be there several times as we've got season passes and I've got some other friends who want to go in addition to the one that had to work. I'll give a yell when those dates arrive. In the meantime, I'm glad you guys had fun. I was thinking about you all at 1:45 and did a *sigh*.

Do not mess with dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Yeah, invisible man, that's it. ;)

Actually we went back to the RV around 12:30 to let the dog out with all intentions of returning for the picnic. We fell asleep and didn't wake up until about 3:00. I called Adam as soon as we got back to the park but he said everyone had left the pavilion so I just met up with him and a few others.

Sorry we missed everyone else, hopefully we'll get to see everyone at Coastermania.

eat. sleep. ride! - Coaster apparel and accessories!

Ride on, MrScott!

I just got back from my extended weekend at the Point... It was a great time, and it was awesome meeting some of you on Saturday! I will have a full TR later tonight (including photos of Maverick testing today!)

Ripcord Crew 2002 / MF Crew 2004

Ensign: Sorry you couldn't make it. We'll just have to yell at the people in Dragster's line from Iron Dragon on opening day part II.

coasterking: nice talking to you & the mrs.! Hopefully I won't get confused with being a dude now ;) Coasterqueen: next time you'll have to stay & ride some rides after. It was just me & a bunch a young guys, so I couldn't very well join them.

ejh: thanks for letting me borrow your cell & for doing the cooking!

Loopy: how could you fall asleep on OD?! I was so excited I couldn't sleep until I took 50mg of Benadryl that night!

TTD120: I'm mad at you for not taking my money ;) Eat your vegetables or I'll come over & make you eat cherry tomatoes for breakfast all week!

randi <><
Peace Love Hope

Haha... Good Grief, I thought you were going to tackle Adam and put that money in his pocket. But he was set that he wasn't going to take it! Sorry you couldn't come and ride with us. We had a great time "taking over" a few rides... Good times!

You came close though Randi. lol
Oh and what you didnt see was that I actually did eat some of those tomatoes that were in the pasta. The dressing made them better I suppose.:)

It was nice talking to you too dude...I mean, Randi...lol Yeah, we wanted to stay but her kids and their friends wanted to leave so we were out voted. Actually Eric asked me if we were staying because he wanted to hang with us. Sorry Eric, we would've had a good time for sure. I definatly would like to meet up with other Pointbuzzers when we go back. We had a great time at the gathering.

I sent Walt the pictures I took from the party, so hopefully he will have them up soon.

Trip Count 2003: 13 2004: 24 2005: 22 2006: 25 2007: 25

Hey everyone, I know this is a week late, but I took the photo Adam had of all of us at Maverick's entrance on OD, and enhanced it a bit (contrast, saturation, etc)... I'm not saying that Adam has a bad camera... I'm just saying I like Photoshop... anyhoo...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v160/StormFreak/openingdfay051.jpg

Walt, feel free to post this in the gallery.

Oh no dont worry Josh, you can say it, I have a crappy camera....I know it, you know it, my friends know it.:)
lol Actually, it takes great pics.....I just have the settings on low quality so I can get more pictures.

*** Edited 5/22/2007 12:31:05 PM UTC by TTD 120mph***

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service