Opening Day 2007!

Yeah, main gate now, the eliminates the food transportation problem.

Trip Count 2003: 13 2004: 24 2005: 22 2006: 25 2007: 25

Now I cant decide if I want Millennium Force or TDD to be my First Ride. More likely Millie, so would the Main Gate be the closest? Iwas going to do the whole resort gate for Maverick, but since that will happen later this year... I need a new plan. Do you think that Maverick will be open in time for Coaster Mania?

Cedar Point Lifer, RideOp, Now Park Guest
2008 - Mantis/MF/Skyride
2009 - ATL Raptor
2010 - TL Sweeps
2011 & 2012 - Area 3 Rides Supervisor

This is probably going to be my situation. I'm going to try and shoot for the first train of the season again on Dragster so I'll be going in at the Soak City gates. I'm going to try and be there as early as possible so, if anyone is back there, just look for me and I'll give you your button. As for everyone else, sorry but you'll have to wait till the meeting.:)
You can also catch me while my friend and I make back to back runs on Dragster and Millennium during the one hour ERT. So just keep an eye out for me during runs. I'll be wearing my pointbuzz shirt (with my screen name on the back) and a Dragster hat. My friend will have a Millennium hat too....if it helps in anyway.

Oh and I'll try and bring the plates. I'll just make a trip to the dollar store tomorrow. As for the cookies, sorry but I dont think I'll be able to make some with my budget that I have to stretch over the next week or 2. It sucks too because I was going to make homemade ones cut out with an "07" cookie cutter. I was also going to get plates with "07" on them but I dont think I can afford them now. Sorry for being such a cheapskate.:)

Here's to a great opening day dispite the delayed opening of the highly anticipated Maverick.

Again, I'm pretty sure Im coming saturday. If I know my dad at all, "I'll think about it" usually means yes. I'll just have to sway him a bit more than intended and give him an ultimate promise of doom that I'll be careful driving there and back.....which, of course, I will.

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

You better drive safe. Insurance for an unmarried 22 year old male is high enough with no tickets or accidents. I can only imagine what 2 accidents would be!

I will pay for you to make those cookies since my Maverick bid money wont be used for at least a month now :)

Just buy the supplies and such and I will have money for you at the Resort Gate. I decided to make TTD my first ride of 2007, less running ;)

2008 - Mantis/MF/Skyride
2009 - ATL Raptor
2010 - TL Sweeps

Fudge. What to do, what to do. Now we have people at both gates. Uhmmmm, I guess I'll figure it out when I get there.

randi <><
Peace Love Hope

If we can get enough people at the SC gate, maybe we can try to fill the first train of the season with Pointbuzzers. Wouldn't that be neat?! Who knows, it might even be a rollback.;)
Of course we all need to stay close to eachother to ensure we can all get on the same train. I for one will be bolting to Dragsters entrance....I dont know about the rest of you, but I'm not stopping. So keep up if you can.:)

Here's the deal with Ensign and myself: We're going in through the main gate since Mavs not going to be up. We decided we're not going to race with Adam to TTD (he'd win anyway!). We're dropping off food at the Demon Drop picnic pavillion and we will be there from 8:30-8:45/50. I am bringing temporary Point Buzz stickers and we will be wearing them in case anyone wants to joins us. I will have some extras. This is only temporary until we can get Adams buttons at the 2pm lunch get together. He's worked so hard on that project! This is just so people can recognize fellow PB'ers until that meet up.

Anyone who wants to meet there is welcome to hang. We're hitting Raptor and then Millie for Joe Cool between 9-10.

Do not mess with dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Walt, may I have permission to use your PointBuzz logo? Before I went ahead and did it I wanted to ask you. I can make a draft up and post it here if you want to see what I'd be doing if you need to before deciding. It'd be tasteful and simple.

Do not mess with dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

im with adam on his idea of first train all point buzzers. I figure if we cant celabrate OD with a new ride why not with a train of point buzzers on TTD? see you there adam i'll be the one running to keep up with you.

next trip 6/06/07
raptor flights taken-47
times on maverick-2
top 5 cp coasters: raptor,maverick,MF, mean streak,magnum

Add my name officially to the list of attendees... If anyone can think of anything that needs to be brought, let me know.

I am going to be getting to the SC gate as early as possible, and trying to get on one of first trains of the season at Magnum. Unfortunately since I dont have JCC, and since I'm not checking into Breakers until Saturday Evening, I won't be able to get early entry. So I realize some of the early entry folks might be lining up there.

Unless.... Is there anyway I can add JCC to my Maxx Pass before Saturday without driving up to the Season Pass center?

Ripcord Crew 2002 / MF Crew 2004

No

Actually, I don't know. Maybe they can add it in the computer system so it shows on their screen when scanned. I'd call and ask.

*** Edited 5/9/2007 5:35:26 PM UTC by Loopy***

eat. sleep. ride! - Coaster apparel and accessories!

Ride on, MrScott!

I will be at the SC gate too! running for TTD

MF.. 47................Dragster..24
WT..31
Maverick. one amazing ride! first person from the SC gates to ride on its opening day! besides red cross
Maverick rides = 18

If we can get enough people, we should fan out along the midway up to the entrance so that nobody else gets past us.;)

Lol just kidding.

Hey Mrs Brit, Im not sure if Walt would be too happy with the stickers. Not soo much the stickers but rather the use of the actual logo. The reason my buttons are the way they are is because my original design was going to have "PB" on them and I asked Walt about getting an ok to go through with it and this is what he said.

On the surface, I don't really have a problem with it. But we're protective of the brand, so I tend to say no to these kinds of requests. It doesn't really have anything to do with money, but rather making sure we remain in control of the logo, name, etc.

I'd be a lot more comfortable with the idea of a button that identifies someone as being from PointBuzz, but without actually using the PointBuzz logo or the "PointBuzz"/"PB" name.

Hope that helps.:)

OK, I'm staying at the SC gate. Sorry to those we won't meet till 2:00. That darn ghost of WWL causing all this trouble. Shutting down Maverick, messing with our plans, screaming at me from the mirror: "Avenge me!!!"

Oh, wait. That last part was the green goblin in spidey. Nevermind.
*** Edited 5/10/2007 1:17:58 AM UTC by Good Grief...***

randi <><
Peace Love Hope

Josh M. said:
I am going to be getting to the SC gate as early as possible, and trying to get on one of first trains of the season at Magnum. Unfortunately since I dont have JCC, and since I'm not checking into Breakers until Saturday Evening, I won't be able to get early entry. So I realize some of the early entry folks might be lining up there.

Unless.... Is there anyway I can add JCC to my Maxx Pass before Saturday without driving up to the Season Pass center?

You can pre-register for your room starting at 8:30am and at that point in time you should get whatever you will need to get in for the ERT (or buy discounted tickets). [Call and double check - the website says 8:30am, but just to make sure about the ERT part call and double check]. That should solve your problem! *** Edited 5/10/2007 2:06:16 AM UTC by Andrew***

Shenanigans on me for not getting the JCC Pass. However, I will meet everyone at the picnic area at 2pm with the pretzels and dip!!!

Terror Island Screamster 08', 09', 10', 11'

We bought everything for the party. My wife is making the cake tonight at her work. We are making the signs tommorow in the afternoon. Everything is coming togother good.

I will most likely be at the main gate. I want to try and get on millenium. I am anxious to see if I can fit on millie now that I lost 25lbs. over the winter. I am pretty positive I will be able to fit since I was just barely to big to ride and did not have any problems on Top Thrill last year.

I will just be asking around for pointbuzz members at the front gate. I hope this turns out ok.

Mikey
*** Edited 5/10/2007 1:09:38 PM UTC by Mikeybo2004***

Im getting excited!

Anyone want to go against the grain and join me at Skyhawk for early entry on Saturday... I know, I'm weird... but I can't get enough of that ride!

Ripcord Crew 2002 / MF Crew 2004

I cant get enough of Skyhawk either... It was easy to get a quick 4 walk-on in the early morning last year even after the gates were open. Hopefully all the problems are worked out and the cycle is extended eventually.

Also, Mikeybo2004, what signs are you making? I was going to make signs for the picnic (so people know where to put there stuff) and wanted to make sure that was not what you were making too.

2008 - Mantis/MF/Skyride
2009 - ATL Raptor
2010 - TL Sweeps

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service