Opening Day 2007!

Dont worry Mike, it made me laugh.....kind of hard not to.:)
We all have to laugh at ourselves sometimes. Heck, after the police came and took my info, I was able to drive back home and my friend and I were joking and laughing the whole way.......of course I knew I was in deep s*** and that CP seemed to be all for not, but what else could I do but laugh at the moment?

Alas, I'm not out of the game just yet! Though, just as a heads up, I probably won't be bringing cookies. I can probably bring plates though.....but again, dont be surprised if I dont show up.

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

Adam, I'm rooting on you to be there. Can you take a Greyhound or something? Can't believe this - man, I used to live in Toledo. I went to UT. I thought I saw something about you living in or near Toledo. Anyway, had this been about 20 years ago I could have picked you up. Dangnabit! Let's see if we can't find a way to get you there...

Dee

Do not mess with dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Hey, I make a mean Taco Salad.....I'll bring it, that is, if I'm invited.....

I'm too sexy for my harness!

Your invited as long as you are a Pointbuzz Member (which is true obviously) and you just let us know :)

Cedar Point Lifer, RideOp, Now Park Guest
2008 - Mantis/MF/Skyride
2009 - ATL Raptor
2010 - TL Sweeps
2011 & 2012 - Area 3 Rides Supervisor

BTW, if for some reason Adam can't make it, I can make name tags with the PointBuzz logo on it (rather than 'my name is'). I'd need to know latest Friday morning, Thursday afternoon preferably.

Hey everyone, I have to pull out for the opening day get together. :(

my grandmother just passed on and the funeral is on friday. :(

^ My condolences.

I'll bring your Pack of Hot Dogs then, my prayers go out to you and your family.

*** Edited 5/8/2007 3:51:18 PM UTC by BGRooDoG***

Cedar Point Lifer, RideOp, Now Park Guest
2008 - Mantis/MF/Skyride
2009 - ATL Raptor
2010 - TL Sweeps
2011 & 2012 - Area 3 Rides Supervisor

JTaylor, I'm sorry for your loss.

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

I'm sending my sympathies as well.

Adam, I was right! You crashed your car because Maverick won't be opening. See? The universe does have a plan. ;)

Well it didnt plan on me still going now did it?:) Though it is a bit of a weird coincidence.
It'd be awesome if Maverick opened for my Birthday trip June 9th........the ultimate birthday gift if you will.:)
Oh and chances are looking good that I'll be driving the family car to opening day. It's just that the 3 trips in May are going to suck now that Maverick isn't going to be open for them.....but oh well.

And sorry for the loss Taylor. My sympathies to you and your family.

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

Adam: Yea!!

Campfreak: can't wait to sample your "mean taco salad"!

JTaylor, so sorry for your loss. I hope she had a long & happy life.

randi <><
Peace Love Hope

JTaylor, we are so sorry for your loss and hope to meet you another time.

I really have no idea now as to what the head count is but it's somewhere between 30 and 40. I added buns to our list and took JTaylor off. I'm sure I'm missing something so please update this list.

Food and Compliment List-
ejh1701 - hot dogs (1 person)

coasterking39 - chili sauce, a side or two, charcoal and fluid and buns.

TTD 120mph - paper plates, cookies, plates (2 people)

Good Grief-pasta salad & veggie dogs

Mikeybo2004 - cake, Napkins, Plasticware, a couple of signs. (7 people)

Ensign smith - Chips and snacks

BGRooDoG - Condiment Packets (Mayo, Ketchup, Mustard (Regular and Spicy Brown)

CoastMani - Pretzels and dip

Mrs_Brit - marinated kebabs (black olives, cherry tomatoes, mozzarella cubes)

clone1219-cases of pop and water (2 people)

Does this change plans for everybody meeting at Soak City gate, now that Maverick is a no-show? It makes more sense to me just to meet at the main gate, and take a swing around at the Joe Cool rides before 10:00.

I can't wait to put a face to all of you. I have pictures in my head, and some of them ain't pretty.

Oh, TTD, we're glad to see that you're ok and hope you can make it on OD. If you can't bring anything then don't worry about it. We all would like you to be there. Just let us know and I'm sure we can bring the things that you can't. Good luck ...

That's what we are doing Ensign. Main gate and right to MF for the JC pass.

That is true, so many names, but not a lot of pictures.

Terror Island Screamster 08', 09', 10', 11'

So what's the general consensus about where to meet now. Maybe we could all just meet at the picnic pavillion dropping stuff off at 8:00 or something? If Adam doesn't make it, I guess we don't have to meet up in the AM. (ie:no buttons). Thoughts?

randi <><
Peace Love Hope

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service