Opening Day 2007!

Count me in. :)

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

Yeah, I am in for the hot dogs no problem.

As mentioned earlier, it is extremely early, but thats okay since it is about 2 degrees outside right now, thinking of this warms me up!

Last year we had a list for everyone who is bringing stuff and if we start it now, it will be a whole lot less confusing. Therefore, if you are bringing something and know 100% sure you will be at the main gate pavillion at 1pm, copy, paste, and add yourself to the list.

Currently I believe as I look back through the posts, it looks something like this. If I overlooked anyone, just add yourselves.

-Food and Compliment List-
ejh1701 - hot dogs
coasterking33 - chili sauce, a side or two, charcoal and fluid
TTD 120mph - paper plates

We still need a bunch of stuff. Pop, chips, napkins, etc, feel free to add yourself.

Trip Count 2003: 13 2004: 24 2005: 22 2006: 25 2007: 25

Meeting on Opening day sounds great. I'm definitely going to try and make it.

I'll be there. I'm working on Millennium Force again.

Millennium Force - 2005

Millennium Force - 2006

Millennium Force - 2007

Oh, how I wish I could go on Opening Day. However, the plan that I have is going on that following Monday-Tuesday.

'04-'12:CP/Platinum Season Passholder

Put me down for chips and snacks. Maybe I'll see if my wife will make some nice yummy chocolate chip cookies.

Okay, so we're saying the pavilion on the right, correct? Meaning as seen from the parking lot, so therefore the one in front of Demon Drop. Right?

Question. If everybody is going to race for Maverick first thing, will there even be a guarantee that people will be able to get back to the front by 1:00?

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

Good Grief-pasta salad & a pack of veggie dogs for us non hot dog eaters to throw on the grill :)

randi <><
Peace Love Hope

^^That's a 3 hour time frame.....let's hope it's enough. I know I'll be out of Mavericks line before then since I'll be with some of the first riders (not literally first, but more like in the first few dozens).
Perhaps we should "set" the meeting at 1:00 but wait some to start eating, I say 45minutes. That way it'll give whoever is still in Maverick's line some time to get all the way from the back of the park to the Pavillion. I mean it IS one of the farthest areas you could be from the Pavillion.:)

OH and I too am curious about which pavillion the meeting is going to be at.

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

PB-Reader said:
I plan on being there with daughter & son.

Both want 1st rides of the day to be on Maverick, so all of you who really like TTD and MF, would you mind going to those rides first, to allow us 1st dibs on Maverick.

Thank you :)

If you want First Ride on Maverick on Opening Day, you might want to try and bid on the Red Cross Rider Auction. The people that win the bids will get the first rides on Opening Day.

MF Circuits=3,011(272)

I don't think eating at 1 will be a problem for those trying for the very first ride on Maverick. I was the first one from the main entrance at Skyhawk this past year and was on and off in 2 cycles. Skyhawk, of course, didn't draw the crowds like Maverick will however. But, if you are specifically talking about those people who are running back there first thing, I can't see them having a problem, barring there are no issues with Maverick.

But hey, I have no problem eating at 2, everyone here in agreement to move it back just in case, because that is a pretty good point.

I am sure there will be lots of pointbuzzers who won't be making the mad dash back there at 9am, but will be walking back to Maverick, and want to stop by the pavillion, yet may not be out of line by 1.

And yes, its the one on the right side in front of Demon Drop.

So the pavillion next to the demon drop at 2pm?

2 sounds better.

I agree with the 2pm. Does anyone know if Maverick has ERT for JoeCool. Thank you for the Private message ejh. I have not been on the Meetings&Gatherings menu for a while. Please add the number of people in your party next to the list. We will have to get a total count again.

-Food and Compliment List-
ejh1701 - hot dogs

coasterking33 - chili sauce, a side or two, charcoal and fluid

TTD 120mph - paper plates

Good Grief-pasta salad & a pack of veggie dogs for us non hot dog eaters to throw on the grill

Mikeybo2004 - cake, Napkins, Plasticware, a couple of signs. 4 people in party

Ensign smith - Chips and snacks

I'll probably have 4 people in my party.

Yeah, 2pm at the Pavillion in front of Demon Drop.

Yes, Maverick has morning ERT. Which will also be a full hour this year.

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

It's looking to me like I'll be there opening day, and that ERT sounds good to me, might entice me to get the Joe Cool. My only problem is that I'll probably be the only one who gets a pass, so there wouldn't be a point for me to go in early, and my friends have to wait at the gate until 10. I'll have to do some thinking about this.

Quick question, I'm thinking that I'll be there again on Monday May 21. I'm going with a large bus group, as I have the past 3 years. We should get to the park around 9. As usual, the bus will drop us off at the main gate. Is there a way to get to the Magnum entrance from the front? Would we be able to catch a shuttle bus?

We'll miss you MrScott and Pete

I'll be there. Maverick, 9am. Yes..

BDash | Toro | Maverick | Bizarro | Voyage | RFII | X2 | TTD | DBack | Cornball

Well, its a bit early for me to vounenteer anything yet, as opening day is still three months away and I don't know if I can even make it, but i'll definitely try and show up with someting tasty.

Does the ERT apply to every day of operation with the Joe Cool Club membership?

I'll bring something opening day.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service