Opening Day 2007!

I wish I could be there opening day, but I can't. It's always exciting though when opening day comes around, even though you're not going.

It will be two of us there. Has anyone heard from Tank? I think he brought brownies last year. Hey ejh, I'll start the grill a around 1:30 or so so it's ready for your pups. Mikeybo, I can't wait for that cake...

So we currently have 12 people.

Trip Count 2003: 13 2004: 24 2005: 22 2006: 25 2007: 25

I'm planning to make it opening day. I'm just not sure what to bring, or how to get it from the back of the park to the front. Is anyone brining buns? It'll just be me attending.

Of the people who meet at the SC entrance, how many are getting in with the Joe Cool pass?

Here.
All the more reason to leave early.

Bryan, that's the friend who's coming with me. He's the only one out of all my friends who is as much of a CP fan as I am.

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

HEAD COUNT: 11
2PM at the LEFT picnic area (next to Demon Drop)
-Food and Compliment List-
ejh1701 - hot dogs, just me attending

coasterking33 - chili sauce, a side or two, charcoal and fluid

TTD 120mph - paper plates

Good Grief-pasta salad & a pack of veggie dogs for us non hot dog eaters to throw on the grill

Mikeybo2004 - cake, Napkins, Plasticware, a couple of signs. 7 people in party

Ensign smith - Chips and snacks

TTD 120mph - cookies, 2 people

BGRooDoG - Condiment Packets (Mayo, Ketchup, Mustard (Regular and Spicy Brown))

Cedar Point Lifer, RideOp, Now Park Guest
2008 - Mantis/MF/Skyride
2009 - ATL Raptor
2010 - TL Sweeps
2011 & 2012 - Area 3 Rides Supervisor

hmmm... I may have to re-think my plan. I foolishly failed to realize that most people here have season passes and the Joe Cool club.
*** Edited 4/11/2007 3:38:50 AM UTC by 0g***

^It wont be so bad, you will just miss out on ERT time (or just have to wait longer for Maverick in the morning since a lot of people will already be in line) You can still do the 2pm meeting.

2008 - Mantis/MF/Skyride
2009 - ATL Raptor
2010 - TL Sweeps

Plus, we'll be there for a while. Not like we're all going to meet up at 2, freeze time, eat (and whatever else), unfreeze time and then depart.:)

Speaking of what else to do, who's up for a takeover of something?
Perhaps Raptor, maXair, or Blue Streak.....or even Millennium. *** Edited 4/11/2007 4:41:36 AM UTC by TTD 120mph***

No freezing time? Aw, man. Ruin it for everybody, why don'tcha? ;)

A UTOT sounds great. Last year on closing day a few of us tried to take over Mean Streak, but there weren't enough, so our assault was repelled by the ever vigilant ride ops.

I might be bringing my sister, if I can convince her to get up at the ungodly hour required to get there that early.

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

HEAD COUNT: 16

Good Grief-pasta salad & a pack of veggie dogs for us non hot dog eaters to throw on the grill

JTaylor - a pack of dogs and maybe a cheese and cracker tray
2 adults, 2 kids,and a 6 month old baby girl ( who gives the best hugs and kisses ever )

Adam, if we get enough, lets take over Magnum, Old School, but usually a short line, great ride and a nice big station. We could do that. We could all have a good old time going up the hill as well. We could hit the ride after we eat that way we have everyone in one place. This is why I think we should all wear shirts of the same color.

2008 - Mantis/MF/Skyride
2009 - ATL Raptor
2010 - TL Sweeps

Umm, I might be rethinking the pasta salad thing since it's going to be a hassle to get it there & still get to Maverick early. I'll let ya know, but I'll bring something for sure. Also, I'm not sure if my boys & husband will be joining for lunch or not.

I vote for a Magnum.

randi <><
Peace Love Hope

Magnums fine with me.I just hope the station isn't crowded then. And if there's time and everyone wants to, I think Dragster would be neat to takeover.

Oh, and another button update! Since that last pic pretty much sucked, my sis finally returned my camera and I took new pics.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v175/Dragster420/DSC02789.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v175/Dragster420/DSC02791.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v175/Dragster420/DSC02796.jpg
And
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v175/Dragster420/DSC02788.jpg

Sorry if that last one is a bit scary.:)

^When it was first loading, the second pic looked like you were flipping me off. Also, I don't want the button under your armpit ;)

(Really though Adam, they look great. I can't wait till OD!)

randi <><
Peace Love Hope

TTD120 - While you won't freeze time while we eat, are you sure you won't freeze time to try and ditch us again? ;)

Magnum take over sounds like a great option. I had a ride on the Raven where someone got the wave going on the lift hill. That was a blast! Also, at closing day, I think someone had suggested Woodstock Express. (Somehow I've managed to not get that credit yet)

That didn't count! Dragster was down for a while and started launching again when we were going up Magnums lift. SO naturally, I HAD to go straight to Dragster.
Couldn't help it really.......

I promise I wont ditch anyone this time.:)

*** Edited 4/12/2007 4:04:30 AM UTC by TTD 120mph***

Exactly one month from now the Point will be OPEN!! Maverick will be going wo whooo!! So with exactly one month left, here is the updated list. Can't wait!!

HEAD COUNT: 16

JTaylor - a pack of dogs and maybe a cheese and cracker tray

Trip Count 2003: 13 2004: 24 2005: 22 2006: 25 2007: 25

hopefully nobody will have to walk down magnum's lift hill this opening day!

Peace, Mikey

I would love that! Just make sure I get a few...errr... make it 10 or so good rides before that.

We'll miss you MrScott and Pete

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service