Opening Day 2007!

I am just so sad. I won't be posting for awhile. I guess I felt this was the one place I could get away form death (as if). It's so light & fun here unlike the seriousness of oncology. Talk to ya'll in awhile.

randi <><
Peace Love Hope

Breakers will be open, so I assume at least one toll booth will be manned. But that doesn't necessarily mean they will let us park.

Ensign Smith said:
One doesn't have to be religious to share sorrow with others in one's community, or to reflect silently together on the loss of someone admired and cared for.

So . . . amen.

It's just that with how this world is now, everything seems to be a touchy subject for people......especially when it comes to stuff like religion. That or it's just the kids in my school.....as I get picked on for being religious. But eh who cares, it doesnt bother me.

Back on topic, I think the one thing that I'm not looking forward to is this parking deal. Not being able to get in till 8 sure is going to result in a long line on the causeway.

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

Thanks for the welcome everyone. I go off the grid over the weekends so I have not been back to PB til now to reply. I see my brother has mentioned my love of cooking. I was actually thinking about bringing marinated kebob appetizers (mozzarella cheese cubes, cherry tomatoes, black olives) because I think they will transport and wait well. The marinade will only make it better as it sits. Any takers?

I didn't know Mr. Scott but I will be observing any moment of silence you have for him in memorium.

Dee

TTD 120mph said:

.....as I get picked on for being religious.

I don't ever classify myself as being religious. That word is way to overused in our world today and comes as a turn off for many people. Its not about religion, for me its about a personal relationship with Christ. Relationship, not religion.

And..once again, back on topic, those marinated kebob appetizers sound absolutely wonderful! We are going to have a 5 Star meal here, lol.

Trip Count 2003: 13 2004: 24 2005: 22 2006: 25 2007: 25

We went up the old chausee last year around 7a. There was noone there to show our parking pass to. So we just drove by and set up the table. None of the officers said anything to us. Then we just tailgated until it was time to go into the park. If we had went into the main entrance we may have been told that we can not come into the park until 8. I dunno. I have never heard that you were not allowed in the lot before earlier than 7 before this thread.

This year we are planning on showing up around 8. I cannot sleep opening day eve anyways. I am like a 5 year old on christmas eve. I am sure many of you share my feelings.

Peace, Mikey

I can sympathize with ya Mikey as I'm going to be staying up all opening day eve night. Not that I'll choose to, just that I'll be too excited to sleep.:P
As for the parking deal, I wouldnt mind taking the Chausee opening day IF they're letting people in before 8. Though maybe we shouldnt say that, after all, Cedar Point reads what we say here........;)

And I'm really looking forward to our delectable menu that just keeps growing.

You know what would make my day? If Tony and Tyler would make a celebrity appearance at our picnic or even Mr. Kinzel himself... that would be totally awesome ;)

Cedar Point Lifer, RideOp, Now Park Guest
2008 - Mantis/MF/Skyride
2009 - ATL Raptor
2010 - TL Sweeps
2011 & 2012 - Area 3 Rides Supervisor

Yeah, I highly doubt that would ever happen. Though it would be neat.

Ensign Smith said:
One doesn't have to be religious to share sorrow with others in one's community, or to reflect silently together on the loss of someone admired and cared for.

So . . . amen.

Right-O, I dont follow any religion (Catholic school for 13 years will do that to you), but there is nothing that states that you have to follow any code or rules from some religion to be kind or respectfull to another person even if that person has passed on to where ever we go when we die.

I am still saying we should hop on that first ride on Maverick on May 12th 2007 and keep Mr. Scott in the forefront of our hearts and minds, and ride that ride for him. Or better yet maybe we all gather after lunch and ride together on any chosen ride in memory of him.

Beeeeehhhhhhh!!!!!

Sooooooooo, I don't know about anyone else...but I am SO EXCITED!!

No, it's all you. No body else is "SO EXCITED!!" ;)

God, I hate these last few weeks. They always go by sooo slowly!

I'm actually getting blindsided by how fast its coming up... I was on the website today and it said 17 days... and I about leaped out of my office chair... That made it feel so close... I can't wait!

Ripcord Crew 2002 / MF Crew 2004

If it makes it any better for you, just think that in reality, it's only 16 "full" days left! That makes it seem all the more closer.....doesnt it?:)

Ive been passing some time hacking into my cell phone. I have some new ring tones on it now which include Maverick's Theme, Millennium Force's station music, and READY TO GO! So does that qualify me as a nerd?

2008 - Mantis/MF/Skyride
2009 - ATL Raptor
2010 - TL Sweeps

Maybe... but I'm a nerd right along with you... I created custom Maverick front and main wallpapers for my phone, and have the song as my ringtone...

Ripcord Crew 2002 / MF Crew 2004

Thats next on my agenda ;)

2008 - Mantis/MF/Skyride
2009 - ATL Raptor
2010 - TL Sweeps

No. Editing the firmware on your cellphone is elementary, although cool. Linux From Scratch - That makes you a nerd.

Spanish and French clubs at my school are going to opening day.

Leave around 7am, return around 10pm. About 2.5hrs each way.

Trip cost: $50, likely admission and bus only

I'm trying to decide just how much I want to go on opening day. The money and permission form are due Friday.

I need to get a ride on Maverick, or at least Dragster, soon! Okay, its more like a really intense want, but that's beside the point. :)

TTD 120mph said:
God, I hate these last few weeks. They always go by sooo slowly!

I don't know man, it seems like this year these days are going by even slower then the last couple. Its definately not aided by the fact that we have to wait another week this year. I know this has already been discussed, but last year opening day was right when the college spring semester ended (i go to university of Toledo btw). So it was like, last week of exams and then next day time for Cedar Pont. But now its a whole week later, a whole week of nothing.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service