Opening Day 2007!

Ensign Smith I would like to see you cornhole the the highly motivated tribe groundhogs and then launch them to the other side of the park along with your lunch goodies with the trebuchet!

Sounds like a good time to me ;)

There will be a longer line for the trebuchet, than we will not have to wait for Maverick. I am glad someone spelled that before me, cuz I would not have a clue.

Trebuchet = Trebooshay. LOL
*** Edited 4/18/2007 11:07:01 AM UTC by Mikeybo2004***

Just don't get crushed under the big rock.

eat. sleep. ride! - Coaster apparel and accessories!

Ride on, MrScott!

^^^ Well, I thought about that, but it just seemed to obvious. ;)

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

^ You could make a sport out of it and see how many grounhogs you can get between the vertical supports of TTD and create a different point scale for each inspection level.

Now that would be way better than bettin on some stupid horses racing around a dirt track! ;)

Hello Point Buzzers! I hope you don't mind my joining the fray, but since my brother is a member here and I'll be joining him on Opening Day I thought it might be nice to introduce myself. The brother in question would be Ensign Smith and I'm his younger sister.

I hope to get to know you guys and I can't wait for OD. I was thinking I might bring something for the picnic, too.

Nice to meet you guys!

Do not mess with dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Hope ur hungry on opening day.

Trip Count 2003: 13 2004: 24 2005: 22 2006: 25 2007: 25

Hi Mrs. Brit, welcome to PB.

You may bring whatever you like to the picnic. It would really be appreciated. We look forward to meeting you too.

^^ Horray! Another of my kind. Welcome & I look forward to meeting you on OD.

I am still thinking I'm going to change my mind on bringing pasta salad since I haven't figured out how to get it through the gate at Magnum entrance. But I am contemplating what else would be a good food contribution that would fit in a back pack & didn't need a cooler. Maybe tortilla chips, salsa, & con Queso.

randi <><
Peace Love Hope

Should I stake out a picnic table or two @7am for us? Ill make cool signs!

Cedar Point Lifer, RideOp, Now Park Guest
2008 - Mantis/MF/Skyride
2009 - ATL Raptor
2010 - TL Sweeps
2011 & 2012 - Area 3 Rides Supervisor

Make it soo! :)

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

It will be done, I'll stop up at the Pavilion @7am before I drive back to the Soak City entrance, I can do that right?

2008 - Mantis/MF/Skyride
2009 - ATL Raptor
2010 - TL Sweeps

If you stake out a table, see if you can designate it with some kind of identification so we know it's the Pointbuzz table. Then, when we drop food off on the way back to SC gate, we can add it to the collection.

Thanks everybody for the nice welcome to my sis. And BTW, she's something of a gourmet cook. If people ask real nice-like she might make some of her homemade hummus or some such.

Hummus & pita bread; yummmmm. Pretty please Mrs. Brit?! :)

randi <><
Peace Love Hope

So I went to get my pass on Saturday and decided to take a quick look at the Pavilion that we are to be meeting in. I have never personally been to that pavilion so just wanted to see that it was like. Do you want me to stake out a couple tables near the entrance, or someplace out of the way? I will make pretty pointbuzz signs as well so nobody will be confused.

2008 - Mantis/MF/Skyride
2009 - ATL Raptor
2010 - TL Sweeps

My 2 cents would be near the entrance. A friend of mine told me their stuff had been eaten when they put it in the back. I think because if someone was going to steal food, they are more likely to want to hide, or be not as noticable as they would be if they stole the stuff right up front.

randi <><
Peace Love Hope

Thats a good point.

Last year we actually had the very front two tables since people started dropping off food at around 7:30 AM. I mean, who else is going to have tables reserved for food other then us pointbuzz crazy park people that early, lol, jk. But yeah, getting one of the first tables shouldn't be a problem.

Trip Count 2003: 13 2004: 24 2005: 22 2006: 25 2007: 25

First of all, my prayers and thoughts go out to MrScotts family. He will be missed.

I think the first few tables would be better also as like ejh said.

What is the earliest time can we enter to park our car? I think we had to wait til 8:00 to enter the lot last year ,but I'm not sure. Little help?

^I've heard that we wont be let in till 8. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
And I think we should remember to have a moment of silence for Mr Scott before we eat (or something along those lines). It's the right thing to do......whether you're religious or not.

*** Edited 4/23/2007 3:52:47 AM UTC by TTD 120mph***

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

One doesn't have to be religious to share sorrow with others in one's community, or to reflect silently together on the loss of someone admired and cared for.

So . . . amen.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service