Opening Day 2007!

work 60+ hour weeks and time goes by faster than you know.

Or, try working 50 hours a week and going to college full time.

Trip Count 2003: 13 2004: 24 2005: 22 2006: 25 2007: 25

Try working 40 hrs a week in a mouse costume surrounded by loud little kids.;)

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

If I didn't know you worked at the House of Cheese, I'd say that's one heckuva fetish you have. ;)

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

Either way, opening day needs to get here STAT.

I don't know about where yall live, but I can't believe here in Toledo gas is up to $3 again. Every single year right when I need to do lots of driving to Sandusky, it never fails..lol.

TTD 120mph said:
Try working 40 hrs a week in a mouse costume surrounded by loud little kids.;)

Are you the mouse I almost chopped up and stuffed down the Skee Ball holes? You don't work in Fairlawn do you? Just checking, because that was a close call.

Do not mess with dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Dont worry, not only do I NOT work at that CEC location, I'm actually no longer ChuckE. Big relief from my point of view.:)

^^It's getting there here too. I wonder what the stupid reason for it going up is this time.

Hi guys,

My name is Dave and I've been reading these forums for a while now, but never gotten around to posting myself. I'm a senior at Bradley University, and I'm going to be working in Chicago. ANYWAY, I was hoping to make it to opening day this year, but that's not going to happen. :( Hopefully next year I'll be able to start a tradition! Millennium Force here i come!

I guess I'm not the only one who's keeping busy enough at work that the last few weeks before Cedar Point opening day seem to go quickly, because I was just thinking that myself.

TTD120, you got a new job?

Hi, Dvo. Welcome to Pointbuzz.

So, I guess I'll be hanging out at Soak City gate before 9:00 after all, so I can get over to Maverick in time to hopefully see Mr. Scott off on his maiden (and final) voyage. Hope those of us who want to cheer him on get there before his train runs.

^^

He got a promotion actually.

Gratz Adam!

eat. sleep. ride! - Coaster apparel and accessories!

Ride on, MrScott!

Thanks a bunch Bryan! Now all I need to do is quit the $6.30/hr job, and go for something a bit more beneficial.:)

Mike, I'm with you. I'll be there at the tolls a bit earlier than 7 (as the tolls wont let anyone into the parking lots until 8:00) and I'm all for rooting on that special train. As for when, I too hope we get there in time. Let's hope they start running the trains at the same time us joe cools get in.....that way it'll give them and hour to run all 6 trains, and set up for the main opening ceremony. We'll just have to wait and see.

*** Edited 4/27/2007 4:04:21 AM UTC by TTD 120mph***

Maybe Walt could put in a specific request for one of the later trains of the auction, so that we Pointbuzzers have a chance to get to Maverick and show our respects for our friend.

Last year I entered through the main gate and was there in plenty of time to see the red cross people ride Skyhawk for the first official time (though I did run all the way). My guess is, with all the media and opening ceremonies, we shouldn't have any problem being there for the first red cross ride.

Last year with congress woman Marcy Kaptur, Miss Teen USA, and all the other dignitaries, I didn't get on Skyhawk till about 10 even with my Joe Cool pass.

So I wouldn't be too concerned.

Hey Adam,

You're our resident boy wonder . . . okay, you're all grown up, you're our resident man wonder. ( ;) ) Anyway, since you did such a good job with the Pointbuzz badges, I was just thinking -- maybe it'd be possible to make up something recognizing Mr. Scott. I don't know how busy you are, but if by some chance you felt inspired, I'd be more than happy to reimburse you for materials and your time.

Just a thought. :)

Thats a good idea, I'll see what I can come up with.

Mike, he and I already talked about making signs to hold up when the train runs.

Adam's just thinking of some catchy slogans to put on them now.

eat. sleep. ride! - Coaster apparel and accessories!

Ride on, MrScott!

I cant think of any good good ones as "Let out a big YEE HAW for MrScott" is a bit cheesy.:)

I suppose "Watch out for the water" or "Stay at Lighthouse Point" would be in bad taste, although I'm guessing Mr. Scott would approve. :)

How about just "Bon Voyage, Mr. Scott" or "We'll miss you, Mr. Scott"?

Im all for "Bon Voyage Mr Scott".

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service