Opening Day 2007!

Not a single reply that any other girls are going to be there at the meeting. Scary. I'm part of a boys club. I'll fit in nice now that I hacked my long hair off for Locks-of-Love. (I had put a link up for the newspaper article, but Jeff deemed it unworthy & deleted it. Oh, well, I didn't want my last name out there anyway)

Adam, I am really looking forward to my button! Thanks for the effort! So did it get decided that we could bring in food through the Magnum gate? I just don't know how to get food there & still go for the running of the bulls to Maverick?

randi <><
Peace Love Hope

If we make it that early, Jess will be with me.

eat. sleep. ride! - Coaster apparel and accessories!

Ride on, MrScott!

You guys are going to stop by Maverick and drop me off one of those fabulous buttons, right? ;)

-Jon-
2008 - Roving Team Leader (Michigan's Adventure)
2007 - Maverick (Cedar Point)
http://www.cheezonastick.net

Maverick? Hmm, I don't really think anybody was planning on getting up that way. Bummer. ;)

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

Speaking of Opening Day... has anyone heard if they're going to have fireworks again? This seems to suggest "no."

*** Edited 4/1/2007 3:24:06 AM UTC by DBCP***

2007: Millennium Force, 2008: Millennium Force ATL, 2009: Top Thrill Dragster
www.pointpixels.com | www.parkpixels.com

Randi, I'm just putting my stuff in a backpack and will just put it in the bins on Maverick.......seeing that there's no unload station and that they should have bins for items.
I would guess that if you have items (food and whatnot) that are a certian size, you'll end up having to drop them off at the pavillions before walking through the park. I dont know though since this is the first time I've done this.

I was also deciding rather or not to make a secret compartment in my backpack to release a smoke screen to allow me to get ahead of everyone.:)

"Burn some dust here.....EAT MY RUBBER!"
Sorry, that idea of mine just made me think of that line from Christmas Vacation.:)

*** Edited 4/1/2007 4:32:16 AM UTC by TTD 120mph***

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

I see you as Wile E. Coyote, with an ACME brand smoke screen backpack, and rocket-powered roller skates.

Meep meep!

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

TTD 120mph said:
Quick question:

So they wouldnt really care if I bring the cupcakes at the gates before the park opens?

I hope Tony is there again this year, I'll offer him a cupcake.:)

I offered him donut holes and orange juice last year, and he said he's not allowed to accept food, and it was only making it worse that he had to stand there and watch me eat it. So instead me and him went up and down the line and offered them to people.

(if its not too late) I would love to be added to the list of the 2:00 meet-up.

-Greg
2005 (Award Winning!) Games Department.

Currently on tour: Who knows where

Yeah I remember you coming down the line. I declined as I had already filled up on donuts.:)

So... Im cool with the 2 PM meeting (although I don't know if Im gonna make it), but I was wondering if anyone was staying Saturday night, and would be up for a er... evening get-together. The kind that involves adult beverages and such. 21 and up... No offense to the younger ones, but I was just curious. I'll be at the park Saturday and Sunday night, and would be up for a get-together.

Ripcord Crew 2002 / MF Crew 2004

I appreciate the offer for a later meeting with 21 and older. But, I tend not to do so well with alcohol and people. So, I will have to pass. Besides my 2 year old and wife and I are staying at bayshore resort (I forgot the new name) and I do not think she will let me leave her there to watch the little one. But, Thanks. Peace, Mikey

Hey Mikey what site are you on? Send me a PM.

We'll be in Bayshore Fri, Sat and Sun nights.

*** Edited 4/5/2007 4:52:05 PM UTC by Loopy***

Ride on, MrScott!

I will be there opening weekend. I have reservations

at the breaker's express. I recently purchased

another car-so i am ready to go. Have a great day.

Its just about one month away and we haven't had a food update in forever. I don't even know how many people are coming for sure. We need a head count.

Therefore, if you are coming we need to know so we can determine how much food to bring. If you plan on bringing food, copy and paste the following list and then add yourself and whatever you are bringing.

HEAD COUNT: ???
2PM at the LEFT picnic area (next to Demon Drop)
-Food and Compliment List-
ejh1701 - hot dogs

coasterking33 - chili sauce, a side or two, charcoal and fluid

TTD 120mph - paper plates

Good Grief-pasta salad & a pack of veggie dogs for us non hot dog eaters to throw on the grill

Mikeybo2004 - cake, Napkins, Plasticware, a couple of signs. 4 people in party

Ensign smith - Chips and snacks

Trip Count 2003: 13 2004: 24 2005: 22 2006: 25 2007: 25

HEAD COUNT: 7
ejh1701 - hot dogs

Good Grief-pasta salad & a pack of veggie dogs for us non hot dog eaters to throw on the grill

Mikeybo2004 - cake, Napkins, Plasticware, a couple of signs. 7 people in party <--- (*Update*) I am going to drop off stuff at table around 8. Then I am driving around to Soak City entrance for ERT JoeCool on Maverick. If anyone needs help transporting stuff from breakers, I can help.

Please add number of people in your party to the head count at the top. Hopefully we will have a better percentage of turnout this year. I know kinzel will be Very, Very busy. But you never know, if we get this large enough maybe he will make an appearance.

Thanks, Mikey

*** Edited 4/10/2007 11:22:24 AM UTC by Mikeybo2004***

HEAD COUNT: 8
ejh1701 - hot dogs, just me attending

Mikeybo2004 - cake, Napkins, Plasticware, a couple of signs. 7 people in party <--- (*Update*) I am going to drop off stuff at table around 8. Then I am driving around to Soak City entrance for ERT JoeCool on Maverick. If anyone needs help transporting stuff from breakers, I can help.

I'll have 2 in my pary. Just my friend and I. And I'm also going to bring cookies.

If I could make it, I'd bring a bunch of "You look nice" and "I like your hairs" but I don't know how well they'd go with hot dogs.

But, I won't be there. And now due to changes in my vacation time, I'm probably not going to make it during opening week either (at least not without a well placed sickly sounding phone call).

Goodbye MrScott

John

^^

What happened to the guy who doesn't sleep in hotel or motels?

Ride on, MrScott!

If you are coming and going to bring something copy and paste this list and add yourself too it. Also adjust the headcount.

This is the up to date list after TTD 120mph...

HEAD COUNT: 10
ejh1701 - hot dogs, just me attending

Mikeybo2004 - cake, Napkins, Plasticware, a couple of signs. 7 people in party

TTD 120mph - cookies, 2 people

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service