Opening Day 2007!

I will be there as well. I was not sure if I was going to make it because we are moving around thet time.

what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard.
Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it.
I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

GREAT NEWS!!!!
The buttons are being made and they should turn out very nice! I had an example made today (I'll get a pic soon) and I put in my order of 30. They should be done by monday at the least.
So that bit is taken care of finally!!
Now all I have to do is remember to make the cupcakes and bring the plates and I'll have proven my dreams wrong!:)

And I decided to let you guys write you names in the spaces with a sharpie....which works really well.

51 days left!!! Opening Day here we come!!!!!

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

Any way I could poke my head in and say hi to you good people during this little gathering?

You're more than welcome to come in and say hi!! Just as long as you're a PointBuzz member......you ARE a member on PointBuzz......right?;)

Ok... so I am going to be there May 12-14, so I am up for a PB meeting or two. Could someone send me a PM or post on here what the definitive plans are? I saw a lot of times and places being thrown around.

Ripcord Crew 2002 / MF Crew 2004

Well one at the DD pavillions is a for sure thing. 2pm dont be late!:)

I'LL BE THERE!

4 summers of employment in ride operations does stuff to you.

I will be there with a couple of signs on poster board. And a BIG!! Maverick cake. We have already bought the dry stuff for the cake at Mary's Sweet Shop. I will most likely grab a few bags of chips also. We are going to drop off the stuff at the table around 8ish. Than we will be hightailing back to Maverick.

Peace, Mikey

Im just leaving my stuff (cupcakes and plates) in my car and picking them up on my way to the pavillion.

Quick question, how should I handle the deal with these cupcakes? Being at the Resort entrance, I dont think theyre going to allow me to take my cupcakes through the gates all the way to the DD pavillion. What should I do in this case?

Good Q Adam. I know they won't let ya bring in outside food or drink through that entrance because we have bought coffee at The Breakers & still had to pitch it at the gate. How do we get stuff to the DD pavillon?

I'm starting to wonder also...am I the only gal????? Any other Pointbuzz gals showing? Please say ya'll are bringing your wives/girlfriends.

randi <><
Peace Love Hope

They've never stopped me from bringing in my drink at the Magnum entrance. I just walk through and they don't even bat an eye.

eat. sleep. ride! - Coaster apparel and accessories!

Ride on, MrScott!

I'm thinking that I'll have to drive around to the front to drop the stuff off at the pavillions.......but I'm not sure.
Uh oh, I smell a dilema.

If the drink is sealed they don't stop you. If it's not, they stop you.

I will be there for Opening Day, this being my first. I would like to request one of these buttons if its not to late, I was going to suggest this idea after reading about 2 pages into the thread. Then I saw a post of designs, which I think are great. I really wish I could have contributed in the design process, since its what I do best (Going to school for it). I really need to put a name to a face, it really helps. GREAT IDEA!

I'll be going up in April for my pass, then on opening day I'll be at the SC gate maybe 7am (Does that sound early, lol). Where do we pick our buttons up? I may have missed it when reading.

Will there be any matching shirts (just color matching) that we should wear so we can be cool and wave and yell as we walk by each other ;) *** Edited 3/25/2007 3:33:38 AM UTC by BGRooDoG*** *** Edited 3/25/2007 3:35:55 AM UTC by BGRooDoG***

Cedar Point Lifer, RideOp, Now Park Guest
2008 - Mantis/MF/Skyride
2009 - ATL Raptor
2010 - TL Sweeps
2011 & 2012 - Area 3 Rides Supervisor

I think we should all wear sombreros. Everybody looks cool in a sombrero.

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

Forget sombreros, we should all wear cowboy hats in honor of Maverick!:)

BGRooDoG, you are more than welcome to a button! I too will be at the SC/resort entrance around 6 so you can a button there. If you cant find me (which shouldnt be too hard trust me) then you can pick one up at the DD pavillion meeting at 2.

If possible, I would like a button. Also, I'll bring some hot dog buns.

Ill hopefully be there, of course running like heck to Maverick :-)

Ahh yes, the running of the bulls.

If I can make it, which is fairly likely, I'll be joining the crowd at the Soak City entrance. Although I won't be there before the sun rises.

I’m starting my exercise for OD. I even wanted to make a simulated version of the Gemini midway down my street so I can strategically plan out how I’m going to run and evade people and come up with different scenarios and solutions to them......but I turned that idea down.:)

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service