Halloweekends 2011

2(+1)

Brandon

Ensign, your idea of putting HW attractions in Soak City is great. Maybe they can use SC for attractions with a higher "Scare Factor" geared for an older crowd. No one under 13 allowed.

I bet there is room between Eerie Falls, Renegade River and Adventure Cove for a haunted house. They could put up a temporary tent similar to those at Coral Courtyard, maybe put up some temporary walls similar to the old Boo Hill when it was at the Dodgem.

Plus using SC will help take some congestion away from the main park. The Resort gate would be jammed though. Maybe they could modify that to accomadate larger crowds.

Ensign's idea has lots of potential.

Last edited by Clevelandkid,

I wonder if this is something that's already been considered and discussed by the powers that be. There certainly are issues to be sorted out. As Clevelandkid just mentioned, potential problems with traffic flow would have to be addressed.

Then, the question of the gate. Do you charge for a separate entry to the Soak City area? Do those attractions become some sort of upcharge attractions? And how does all of this impact Challenge Park operations?

The biggest issue I can see is the extra care that would have to be taken in transforming pool or lazy rivers into scare zones. The last thing the park would want to do is damage those delicate pool liners, so alternate methods of erecting structures, crowd flow fencing, backdrops, and the like, would have to be employed.

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

If I'm not mistaken most of the pools are hard surfaced, having no lining just cement walls. So that probably wouldn't be too big of a problem. The largest problem as Ensign pointed out would be the gate issue and the amount of paths that hub from the resort gate area.

Visual Scan!
First Top Thrill Dragster train of 2011!
Rollbacks: 1st Triple Rollback of 2009!

I have always wonder why Cedar Point would not take advantage of an empty waterpark. They would be able to fit quite a few haunted attractions in that area. But I think that one reason is that you would have to hire a boatload of screamsters. Let me tell you that it was hard enough trying to find 500 screamster this past season. Just think trying to find a 1,000. It would be nice if we could have at least one or two scarezones that are geared more toward adults.

"Chuckie"- Happy Jack Toy Factory Screamster 2009. 2010-11 Kilroy the Clown Carnevil Screamster
2012 Blood on the bayou.

You mean zones themed to more 'adult' fears? Say, global warming, pink slips and tax audits?

And loans, dont forget loans. You could do multiple houses revolved around loans. The student loan house, the car loan house and the house loan......house.

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

The Trail of Unsecured Credit. ::shivers::

The biggest problemn I see is simply time. Theres not enough time between the closing of soak city and halloweekends. Theres only a gap of about a week from when soak city closes and halloweekends starts. Just simply put not enough time among other reasons and this has been discussed numerous times.

Screamster 08,09,10,11
Soak city 10,11
Castaway Bay 10,11

** Worst screen name ever**

Your mom is to fat to ride TTD.'s avatar

I don't think it would be a problem finding people to be screamsters.There are still many people looking for work that will do just aboutanything. However, the question is if they would be good at it...

If anybody was going to use their water park for a haunt it would beKing's Island. They already have transportation to the water park.(both by walkway and by train) And if staffing was an issue at CedarPoint, I doubt King's Island would have trouble finding people beingclose to both Dayton and Cincy.

Let's Get Weird.

It not hard to find Screamsters but they usually quit after the first and second week of Halloweekends. Since you brought it up we are always looking for people that would love to become a screamster. So if anyone let us know. We are dying to meet you.

"Chuckie"- Happy Jack Toy Factory Screamster 2009. 2010-11 Kilroy the Clown Carnevil Screamster
2012 Blood on the bayou.

The rivers are at soak city are all poured concrete. The only pool I can think of where puncture/delicate issues would be a problem is the wave pool. Some of it has a liner that can get damaged. There's a lot of space over there but its real linear. The advantage of something like fear faire which is a temp set up with the nets and such, is that its under the picnic pavilion so the space is not only long but wide. The long but skinny that you'd get over at soak city, is certainly doable, just not as easily done as some other places they could pick.

FF 06, 07
FZ 08, 09, 10
S.T.A. - died with the Fright Zone

I think they should theme the family dryers better this year, kinda stuck out last year.

Screamster 08,09,10,11
Soak city 10,11
Castaway Bay 10,11

** Worst screen name ever**

You mean the time machines? ;)

I really hope they don't waste their time and money on theming some dryers, when there are rides that could use it!

no! not time machines. they were the doors to another haunted house! you put in your $5 and the door opens, its a premium house! no wait.... it was the entrance to the batcave.... or was it a door to hell? those family dryers were awesome. and actually served to warm up a cold monster or two I do believe, for the $5 we found that if you're not wet it was actually a surprisingly good value. In either case those things were hilarious and made for great scares.

FF 06, 07
FZ 08, 09, 10

Now that is awesome!

Of course, I would say that if there are cold monsters, they aren't working hard enough, but that's just me. :)

well ralph, I assume you remember those couple of nights we had terrible rain. A certain monster may or may not have decided that since he was already going to get wet he might as well dive into the "pond" that collects just inside the skull in fright zone. needless to say, drenched all the way through for most of that night got pretty cold. though sliding through that thing made for some nice rooster tails coming off the back of me haha. Those wet nights were some of the worst we've had in a long time. just miserable.

FF 06, 07
FZ 08, 09, 10

Haha, yah, sliding through a puddle would certainly do that to you. Thanks to my large hat and thick wool jacket, I never notice the rain, but not everyone is that lucky. Granted, the downside to a thick wool jacket is that it usually gets soaked from the inside out even on nights it's not raining...

On a side note, we're now within the 150 day mark. :)

Save a couple fog machines for Ocean Motion's new spot this year, and a few pirate-clad skeletons as permanent "riders" during Halloweekends.

Promoter of fog.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service