Halloweekends 2011

I know it is to early to be talking about Halloweekends. But, being a screamster you can't stop thinking about this event that take place every year. Each year is get better and better. What do you guys like or hate about Halloweekends, or what would you guys like to see improved or discontiuned.

Last edited by chris cp freak,

"Chuckie"- Happy Jack Toy Factory Screamster 2009. 2010-11 Kilroy the Clown Carnevil Screamster
2012 Blood on the bayou.

You should proofread before you post. Misspelling the name of your job is not a good start to a topic.

Sorry about that 99er. I will be sure that will not happen again. Thanks for telling me.

"Chuckie"- Happy Jack Toy Factory Screamster 2009. 2010-11 Kilroy the Clown Carnevil Screamster
2012 Blood on the bayou.

This topic is very early! Cedar Point hasn't even opened yet for the season. The one thing that I would say I was dissapointed in last year was on the haunted trails such as Wood Stalkers and Carnevil, they weren't as scary as they usually have been in the past years.

Went through Corn Stalkers last year, and I thought it was actually really well done. Granted, it was my first time being through it, but if we didn't have a group ahead of us, I would have been pretty scared. :)

There's only 171 days until Halloweekends starts. That means it's already been on my mind for at least the past 100 days. :)

What are everyone's favorite things about the 2017 season?!?!?!

The path you tread is narrow, and the drop is sheer and very high.

I already booked 2 weekends at Campers Village for Halloweekends. Guess I'm another one of those thinking way to early. But I can't wait!!!!

Frito Joe

Of the 26 times I went to the Point in 2010,13 of those were during HalloWeekends. Friday evenings are great because of the small crowd and the ability to ride often. Saturdays are typically large crowd days (Oct.9-52,000; Oct.16.-57,000). Sundays are good too because of smaller crowd. Sometimes,freak warm weather exists and it's good to be in the park in just 'shirt sleeves and shorts'.

I went, in 2010, to Dorney, Kings Island, & Six Flags NJ (got to ride Kingda Ka twice-front seat both times-TTD is better) during October weekends and the ability to not leave the parks and re-enter after a certain time was irritating,because if the weather was good starting out and then got cold,couldn't go to car for cold weather 'gear'. Cedar Point has no such policy and the ability to go to vehicle anyime,and return is great.

Never too early for a Halloweekends post! I cant wait!

Halloweekends Screamster!
Fear Faire 2010-2011

Break Trims said:
What are everyone's favorite things about the 2017 season?!?!?!

That's a trick question. As the robots will have taken over by then and humanity utterly eradicated, there will no 'favorite' things about 2017, let alone an operating amusement park season...

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

Hi guys im new to these forums but I have been looking through them for years. I have one question though... Whatever happened to the haunted train ride for halloweekends in the late 90s because that would be a fun idea to bring it back.

playstation gamer tag. connorwatmont. add me

Frito Joe said:
I already booked 2 weekends at Campers Village for Halloweekends. Guess I'm another one of those thinking way to early. But I can't wait!!!!

Me too! I plan to be there most every HW. We will probably skip the first October one and go down to KI for the Haunt. IMO, their houses and walk throughs are better than CP. Plus, it's nice to have a break.

There is something magical about HW at CP especially staying in camper village for the weekend. It's all I think about Mon-Thurs, between visits.

I went, in 2010, to Dorney, Kings Island, & Six Flags NJ (got to ride Kingda Ka twice-front seat both times-TTD is better) during October weekends and the ability to not leave the parks and re-enter after a certain time was irritating,because if the weather was good starting out and then got cold,couldn't go to car for cold weather 'gear'. Cedar Point has no such policy and the ability to go to vehicle anyime,and return is great.

Agreed. The No-Readmittance after 7PM policy at KI is most annoying, for the reasons you mentioned. Must dress in layers!

I know it will never happen, and I understand why, but I would love to see the park open earlier on Friday, say, noon? That way I could get a ton of rides in before the masses arrive.

This past year, Fridays in particular were busier than normal. It seems like in years past, the lines would be short all night. But this past year, the lines were only short till about 7PM, when legions of people started showing up, presumably getting there after work. Sundays were, by far, the best day to ride at last year's HW.

Perhaps one of my only complaints about HW itself, is they really need to slow down the rate at which they push people through the houses and walk throughs. It's just not scary when you're shoulder to shoulder the whole way through. I'd be willing to wait longer in line for a better experience.... though, I have been through them all so many times now there are no longer any surprises :(

MagnumFan said:
I know it will never happen, and I understand why, but I would love to see the park open earlier on Friday, say, noon? That way I could get a ton of rides in before the masses arrive.

You've just explained perfectly why the park doesn't open earlier. The masses aren't. there.

The reason why we can't let smaller groups go into the house is because the lines would be out of control and cause super long wait times. Another issue is that people usually walk slow in the house so this would also cause back up and sholder to sholder on people. We heard these complaintsbefore.We trying to make the situation better this year. By the way is there anything you guys want to see more of or discountined.

2012 Blood on the bayou.

All of this means that the park either needs to increase capacity by building more HW-themed attractions (which they're slowly doing), or limit entry in the park to correlate more with the capacity of the existing attractions -- which ain't ever going to happen.

Ensign Smith said:
All of this means that the park either needs to increase capacity by building more HW-themed attractions or limit entry in the park to correlate more with the capacity of the existing attractions

Universal and Knott's do both of these but still have problems with crowds.

Universal had 7 zones and 8 houses last year and even they push large groups through and at times, keep a continuous line moving through each house. Knott's does the exact same thing to handle the crowds. What needs to be done is better training amongst the Screamsters. It IS possible to scare guests in large groups or one continuous line. If both Universal and Knott's can pull it off, so can Cedar Point. It is nearly impossible to get a group to go through a house and have them keep the same pace. Almost always will a group catch up to the group in front, or be caught up to from the group behind them, no matter what kind of space you leave between them all.

MagnumFan said:
I'd be willing to wait longer in line for a better experience....

You are the 1% that would.

Last edited by 99er,

We used to run a haunted house a few years back, and to keep the people moving thrue the house, we would post actors at bottleneck areas to keep them moving.

what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard.
Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it.
I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service