Halloweekends 2011

You can never have enough fog. But it would be nice if they would turn the ocean motion red at night. It would be a nice touch.

Last edited by chris cp freak,

"Chuckie"- Happy Jack Toy Factory Screamster 2009. 2010-11 Kilroy the Clown Carnevil Screamster
2012 Blood on the bayou.

Less than four months now!!!

"Chuckie"- Happy Jack Toy Factory Screamster 2009. 2010-11 Kilroy the Clown Carnevil Screamster
2012 Blood on the bayou.

I think I wanna try and be a screamster this year. I've wanted to for a while, but I finally feel like I can now. When do they start looking for people?

I think I see some permanent skeleton riders in Ocean Motion;s future :)

Promoter of fog.

Wicked Twister 90 said:
I think I wanna try and be a screamster this year. I've wanted to for a while, but I finally feel like I can now. When do they start looking for people?

July to august is when things will start to get into motion, there's almost always a post on here somewhere once hiring opens up.

FF 06, 07
FZ 08, 09, 10
S.T.A. - died with the Fright Zone

Did anyone else notice in the Park Map section on Halloweekends that it says outdoor haunts will be open Friday nights, Saturdays, and Sundays BEGINNING October 9? So not just that one Sunday like in years past?

They actually started doing that last year for the last few weekends, but it wasn't decided on until HalloWeekends had already started, so I don't think the word got out very well. As the sun starts setting earlier, they determined that there were enough guests and employees interested in the outdoor haunts for Sunday evenings... which hopefully can attract some people otherwise considering a Saturday in the future.

Those Sunday nights kicked my butt last year, but they were well worth it. It's nice having the extra days in there.

jwalk03 said:
not just that one Sunday like in years past?

Sounds like a great way to get some of the crowd to go on Sunday instead-of or in addition to Saturday.

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

Less than a hundred days now. What are you guys most excited about?

2012 Blood on the bayou.

Since someone asked, applications are now available if you want to be a Screamster. They are hiring for both the indoor houses and the outdoor scare zones. Go to Cedarpoint.com and click on jobs, for job choice look for job code 613- Screamster. Indoor houses work Friday night-Sunday, and outdoor zones work Friday night, Saturday and Sundays starting October 9. The scheduling is usually flexible, so if you need a couple of nights or a weekend off, you should still be good as long as you can be there most of the days.

Being a Screamster is seriously the most fun thing I've ever been a part of, job or otherwise. The job is a blast, and you work with lots of really awesome people. If you have any questions, feel free to send me a message, or just ask it on here since quite a few seasoned Screamsters read these forums and should be able to answer.

And then one day you find ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun

If you're even thinking about being a Screamster, do it! You won't regret it. It's a blast and you make some great friends (like Ralph!) This will be my second season at CP and my second Halloweekends, but my 3rd year doing a "scare" event...You have to try it!

chris cp freak said:
Less than a hundred days now. What are you guys most excited about?

Everything....

I want to scare so badly, sign up to be a Screamster. The only downside to being a Screamster is the withdrawel you go through until you can be a Screamster again after a year passes....

I'm so ready, hurry up summer and make it September!

FF '09
FF '10
FF '11

FYI... BooBuzz 2011 info has been posted:

http://coasterbuzz.com/content/BooBuzz2011.aspx

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Just checked out the BooBuzz info... we actually already made our reservations at Breakers and will be there that weekend. Any else notice that it talked about a new maze? I wonder if it will replace an existing one, or will be an addition....

i did notice that, so i went searching for something and i couldnt find anything. hopefully something comes up soon because i am very excited even though chances i will be going in any hauntedd attractions is slim to none :D

RIP DEMON DROP I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU

I actually still haven't applied I'll hopefully know for sure by the end of next week if I will be in the area and still able to work of if I've finally got a real job with a salary. It looks like Fright Zone will be down one, and it still hasn't really hit me. I pulled my gear out the other day and looked at it before I realized I may not even need it this season. I'm definitely going to miss it, but since I'll be working a school type job I'll definitely have to road trip, enjoy it as a guest for the first time in 6 years and maybe make a one night appearance.

FF 06, 07
FZ 08, 09, 10
S.T.A. - died with the Fright Zone

^^It's more noticeable than you think. In fact, you can see a little bit of the new maze in one of the webcams. I'll let you find it though. ;)

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

I remember discussing the new maze location in one of these topics... I wonder what the theme will be. Maybe the ghost of the flying Goodyear? :)

Visual Scan!
First Top Thrill Dragster train of 2011!
Rollbacks: 1st Triple Rollback of 2009!

+1 :)

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service