Halloweekends 2011

essentially yeah. he's no James Earl Jones.

FF 06, 07
FZ 08, 09, 10
S.T.A. - died with the Fright Zone

We were there last Friday and Saturday. The babies were peeing both nights. Happy Jacks was my favorite attraction there. I have a question...the bungee guy, how does he not jump right in front of someone and knock them over. It seemed like when he jumped out at me he was really close. Do they have cameras or what? Thanks.

When you wish upon a star.....Makes no difference where you are!

No. Each bungee area has it setup to where the bungees can see you well before you can see them. They go through a training to learn how far they can jump out, when to jump out and how to read guests. Each bungee is different and each person that jumps is different, so they may come out at you differently but they have all been trained to know how far to jump out and when to. It's a very exhausting job.

11 years.

Zeek said:
No. Each bungee area has it setup to where the bungees can see you well before you can see them. They go through a training to learn how far they can jump out, when to jump out and how to read guests. Each bungee is different and each person that jumps is different, so they may come out at you differently but they have all been trained to know how far to jump out and when to. It's a very exhausting job.

I knew there had to be some way they did this. I know one thing, all three scared the crap out of me!

When you wish upon a star.....Makes no difference where you are!

We were there this last weekend, thank you to all the Screamsters in the cold Firday night!!! Great job, and my wife is still scared of you, 3 days removed and 6 hours away.

Is there any way one can volunteer as a Screamster for a weekend? Or is it all the Halloweekends? I'd love to do this, but logistics and real life preclude me to do this.

unfortunately with the removal of the scream teams (which were generally all college organizations, ie frats etc) there isn't a way to volunteer. You've got to do it the full season or at least a majority of it.

FF 06, 07
FZ 08, 09, 10

What Josh said. They're pretty good at working around schedules, but you do need to be available a majority of the days Halloweekends is open to be hired. That said, it is the most spectacular job I've ever had, so if you have the time for it, definitely consider it for next year.

And then one day you find ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun

Then consider this my application for Halloweekends 2031, which should be the year I can retire!

I knew it was a pipe dream, but one never knows until they ask! Thanks for the responses!

well while a majority of the people are on the younger side (college to 30) I know we've got some that could fall into the retiree category haha. It really is a group of all ages and backgrounds. I would do it for free, and being my first year away from it this year I miss scaring and those stories but I miss the group even more.

FF 06, 07
FZ 08, 09, 10

josh88 said:
I would do it for free

If only everyone was this passionate and appreciative of their jobs... That is touching to see. I'm sure there are other Screamsters here that share this mentality. CP is lucky to have (had) you guys! Keep up the great work!

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service