Closing Weekend 2006

Is it safe to do that on a step-ladder? ;)

Goodbye MrScott

John

Of course it is, so long as we keep safety in mind.

Brandon

I laugh every time I see that. I can just imagine the accident report.

"The worker was injured after a 5 foot fall off a ride structure. He was secured to the ride using a standard 6 foot safety restraint."

Goodbye MrScott

John

Haha, yeah. It really says a lot about how many regs there are nowadays. 15 years ago, that guy would've been shirtless, no hardhat and no safety harness. Now, he's using a harness because that's what the rules say he has to do, even though it holds zero (or worse) safety value. Yay OSHA.

EDITED to include a complete thought.
*** Edited 9/27/2006 3:34:20 PM UTC by djDaemon***

Brandon

I'll be going with my family for closing weekend this year. How have the crowds been the last few years?

It really depends on the weather. And not so much the warm/cold factor as the wet/dry factor. Everyone expects it to be cold, and dresses appropriately, but the rain can cause people to rethink it.

Goodbye MrScott

John

I'm not that short. 5' 10"

I'm hoping to get up there for closing weekend. If I do, it'll probably be Saturday evening and Sunday. I would love to meet some other Buzzers.

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

^^Damn.

Brandon

I would love to meet some PointBuzzers, it would be nice to put a face to the posts.

We'll miss you MrScott and Pete

Ejh, Sunday sounds good. We have a month to go so hopefully Tank, Mikeybo,and whoever else was there on opening day will read this. It would be cool just to meet more people and put a face to the names on here before the long winter. So, lets try to plan on cooking some dogs and having some other sides. I will bring our hometown famous chili again ( I know Tank will thank me for it), and another unsweetened side dish that went over very well too. All who read this are very welcomed to join us and if you want to pitch in on a dish that would be great. How about around Noon again in the same place eh Ejh?

Yeah, that sounds really good. Although, we should probably look back at the Opening Day thread to see who is dependable before we start assigning food and stuff. I just know I can definately bring the dogs, and your world famous chili was absolutely awesome, so we gotta have that. Prolly most importantly to remember this time...we need a good grill, lol.

Trip Count 2003: 13 2004: 24 2005: 22 2006: 25 2007: 25

Vince982 said:
it would be nice to put a face to the posts.

That would hurt....and it wouldn't be very nice either. ;)

Goodbye MrScott

John

Just you wait and see, John. Just you wait and see.

I'll br bringing a monitor along with me.

I'll be staying at Breakers Oct. 27-29.

I plan to be there closing weekend, specifically closing day, as usual. This will be for the 3rd or 4th year in a row.

Does anyone know of any hotel deals for CF properties for that final weekend. I am a season pass holder and am just looking for good deal on a room.

278 coasters and still counting!

Ejh, I'll throw in my little $2.00 grill and charcoal and fluid just in case but if someone can bring a bigger grill that would be great. I'm surprised we haven't heard from anyone else that was there on opening day. Anyone else on here interested in this? Let us know.

I'll be there, representing Canada and all of our coaster enthusiasts. Consider me the Canadian intern! I'm bringing three friends who aren't hardcore like myself, but I hope to make my way over to the gathering at some point.

As for faces to posts John, that can be our new punishment to those who resurrect useless threads.
*** Edited 9/29/2006 4:04:04 AM UTC by Vince982***

As much as I would love to go for closing weekend, especially as I have never been at either end of the season and this is my first year going more than once, which only happened once in '04 :(

Only problem is, my brother's going to South Carolina and so I probably won't have a ride to get there... Ah, only a couple more years before I can drive... Hopefully my Mercury Milan will be ready to take me to Milan! ;)

As long as my Mercury Sable doesn't take me out to the Sable Islands I'll be all set.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service