Closing Weekend 2006

So am I the only one heading to Maggie for the last ride? I'll stop by and say hi Adam on my way to the best coaster in the park ;).

We'll miss you MrScott and Pete

i think i will try to get on dragsters last train of the year

Mantis Photo '09

So, has a central meeting place/time been decided on yet? I didn't make the opening day gathering, but I'd be glad to pitch in and help with food or whatever for a closing weekend get together.

Since we're already on page four of this thread, it looks like a lot of us will be there for most if not all of closing weekend.

Wish there were more choices for PointBuzz merchandise than just the tshirt. I'd love to have a PointBuzz hoodie! (Hint Hint Walt! :) )

^^^I'll make a mental note of it Vince.:)

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

Since we haven't made much progess, I'll throw something out there. What if we all meet Sunday around 2 in the seating area on the Frontier Inn patio. It will be a nice area to view construction and IMO it's a more entertaining area than the pavillion. Now, my meet doesn't include food, and the meeting area I have suggested doesn't allow for it, so if anyone has any other plans or suggestions, speak now!

Well, the plans that would have had me back in Mansfield on the 29th have been cancled. Sad to say, I won't be up there now.

Blue Streak crew 2007
ATL Matterhorn Tri. 2008
Three things you need to fix anything in the universe: duct tape, WD-40, and a hammer. Duct tape if it moves and it shouldn't, WD-40 if it doesn't move and should, and the hammer as the last resort.

Way to move this forward, Vince. I'll be there at Frontier Inn at 2:00 Sunday, to meet whomever shows up. This is very cool. I don't have a Pointbuzz shirt (yet) but I'll wear some amusement park gear of some sort and post it. :)

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

I guess I'll do that as well. 2:00 at Frontier Inn, got it. Me and my friend usually eat at Round-Up anyway so it'll work out.

Oh and my last Dragster ride offer still stands.:)

*** Edited 10/19/2006 4:33:26 PM UTC by TTD 120mph***

I say we all go for last ride on Witches Wheel. That ride never gets any love as everyone runs by for Gemini, Magnum or TTD.

Goodbye MrScott

John

I would give it plenty of love. And by love, of course, I mean vomit.

Brandon

Well, I've given Witches Wheel plenty of love this season. I don't think I'd make it my final ride, but it would be cool if a bunch of us did an "informal" takeover, and filled one cycle with PointBuzzers :)

And Adam, you know I'll be right there with ya at the end of the night on Dragster.

2pm at Frontier Inn sounds great. I'll be there.

I love Witches Wheel, it's my 3rd favorite flat at CP. I always get at least one ride on it every trip.

But I'd much rather get last on Dragster.

Oh and see ya there Mark.:)

*** Edited 10/19/2006 4:46:08 PM UTC by TTD 120mph***

I'm still the only member of the "last ride on paddlewheel excusions" crew? Somebody's gotta jump on that bandwagon with me.

Anyway, I won't be wearing any amusement park or coaster gear, but I will be wearing something from Abercrombie, and I'll probably have my giant camera with me.

If anyone wants to grill our Friday or Saturday night, PM me and we'll arrange.

The paddlewheel bandwagon? Are we having fun mixing metaphors today? ;) Anyway, I've never ridden the boat after dark. Do the displays light up?

I think the last ride of the year should go to Demon Drop, as there's probably a good chance it won't be back next year. But I'm flexible! It sounds like you guys are picking rides that are close to the Magnum gate, if I'm not mistaken.

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

To be honest, I think the displays light up, but I can't remember.

It's either we get a joke-filled ride, or one of those eerie lights-out, dead silent ones. Either way, I think we should make Paddlewheel the last ride of the season/night.

It's a good way to go, and how can you pass up such an obscure ride as a last ride?

We can even make signatures and/or avatars for the Paddlewheel last ride crew. :)

Glad to see my plan has worked! Hope to see many people there.

I'll try to show up if I can remember. Hopefully the weather holds up.

All I know is that tomorrow is going to be freezing >_<.

About the same as it was last Friday night. Just be sure to dress warm :)

It will be balmy compared to last friday. :) The SW wind was relentless and strong. We still had a blast and TTD was almost a walk on at around 10pm, right before she went down. :) We were out of time so I don't know if she ever was up and running after that.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service