Cedar Point Announces New Water Ride for 2010 Season

I'm also very interested in watching the Captain's of PWE navigate this new area, it will most definitely be interesting if the animation/concept art is true as it will be a very tight squeeze.

-Miker-

Tilt-a-Whirl said:
Pilgrims Plunge was a 6.5 million investment, a lot larger and more intricate ride. While STR is a much longer ride, I'm hoping theres a 1-2 million dollar budget to theme this attraction. I was all for a dark ride personally, but if this ride has some intese themeing along the long periods of winding around on the island, then this ride will indeed be a smash hit. (remember the comic said something about fire burning on the island)

How is a ride with a trough and a vertical lift more intricate than a ride with two chain lift hills and lots more track? This is Cedar Fair, there will be as much of a theme on this as there is on Maverick.

Pilgrim's Plunge is like the Dragster of water rides.

eat. sleep. ride! - Coaster apparel and accessories!

Ride on, MrScott!

It forces people to get facial piercings?

Goodbye MrScott

John

Yes, precisely.

eat. sleep. ride! - Coaster apparel and accessories!

Ride on, MrScott!

WaterDummy said:
...Ty is giving his case (although not a very well thought out one) and is getting "attacked" because of a certain lack of a family view-point.

I think you're confusing disagreement with attack.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Well I must admit, I am pleased CP is bringing a new flume like ride into the mix. I cant wait for 2010 and STR to be here, looks good in the rendering and I wont give out a final thought on it until I have rode it at least once.

I would think that the vertical lift system on PP was a much larger financial investment than 2 lift hills under 100 feet... and correct me if I'm wrong but PP's vertical lift tower was protoype technology... I call that intricate.

My point was that PP was probably more $$ to build that STR will be, or maybe around the same amount. There's no way that ride can cost that much when compared to PP. Hopefully the left over $$ will be dedicated to themeing

"I think you're confusing disagreement with attack."

But Jeff the arm-chair mod's have deemed it as an attack, surely it must be so! :-P

-Miker-

Some of the price difference could be that Shoot the Rapids looks to be taylormade for that area of Cedar Point as opposed to Pilgrim's Plunge's generic layout which looks as if it would fit nicely in any flat plot of land.

Well I will say I am pleased with this. Looks fun and looks like it uses the area given quite nicely. Nothing but good things to say about Shoot the Rapids.

I hope there's some comical animatronics at certain points during the ride.....that would be neat. Like if they were to incorporate the Canfield's & McGee's into it.:D

Last edited by TTD 120mph,

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

Meh, looks like you're just riding snake river falls twice in a row.

2007,2008 Ripcord

I declare the nickname for this ride to be "Shootie."

I love ride nicknames. ;)

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

I second that! Shootie it is!:)

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

Worst. Nickname. Ever.

Brandon

Jugga, yes...I agree with you. I think a family ride should entertain the family...mom, dad and the rugrats. I think this will (if the height limit isn't above 42") in most cases. Again, I temper my dissapointment with the actual experience (as it appears thus far) because I am thrilled they are finally doing what they said they would do the last 5-6 years.

"You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world...but it requires people to make the dreams a reality."

-Walt Disney

At least the new ride isn't White Water Landing.

Goodbye MrScott

John

The old timers had a nickname for their Shoot ride that I cannot repeat here.

"You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world...but it requires people to make the dreams a reality."

-Walt Disney

realmadrid311 said:
Some of the price difference could be that Shoot the Rapids looks to be taylormade for that area of Cedar Point as opposed to Pilgrim's Plunge's generic layout which looks as if it would fit nicely in any flat plot of land.

I think that you may be right. A lot of money could be required from a geotechnical standpoint due to its location.

CP Nut

So, if I am correct...the idea is to incorporate some of the animatronic/interaction from PWE (and it sounds like PWE itself, at least partially) with this ride? That sounds great to me...it adds something to both rides.

Also, my thoughts on the animation are almost the opposite of what they displayed for Maverick. With that video, there were items that never showed up (theming wise), and the nit-pickers were all over it. This time, they have shown very little (besides rocks/the waterfall)...and I think when all is said and done, there will be some nice touches (a storyline, etc...music to set the mood...the interaction with PWE) that are NOT shown here...that will make this, overall, an interesting and relaxing (while moderately thrilling) experience.

At least, that's where I hope they go with it.

I also agree this is not a "soaker". I would bet the "waterfall" will bea soaker in the same sense that WWL's intial waterfall was.

Great, great job...something the park has needed for sometime. I'm on board.

Promoter of fog.

How about shooter or shoots. We could get t-shirts that say" we got the shoots!"

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service