Cedar Point Announces New Water Ride for 2010 Season

Yeah, how do we go from observing that the ride is drained to ASD;KLFJAFJK ASDFK JLDFASDKFL J!!!

Some people just look for any excuse to type ASDKL;FJ AIO;ERJIO;JF !!!

Shades said:
Some people just look for any excuse to type ASDKL;FJ AIO;ERJIO;JF !!!

I don't think I ever typed that.

You are correct - you did not type that. But you sure do type a lot of other gibberish. I just did not feel like taking the time to put more effort into duplicating your ZOMG ...

Damn. I don't have the approval of Pointbuzz poster "Shades". I don't know what I'm going to do with myself.

Wait, don't you mean ZOMG!:)(! WTF am IGOnna DUE KNOW???#@@!

It either rained a lot in Sandusky today, or they are filling STR with water, possibly?

GATEKEEPER-I came, I rode, I was mildly disappointed; until a second ride (rear left) put GateKeeper back on the...it's a nice ride list.

Been raining off and on all day. Had a few bands of heavy rain come through.

Your mom is to fat to ride TTD.'s avatar

There were also Tornado warnings is some parts of Ohio today.

Let's Get Weird.

Checking the webcam, I noticed that STR routinely stores a boat near the top of the first lift whenever it is not running. Any intel as to why?

Perhaps because they have only so many blocks in which to store them, and each lift is a block.

Brandon

Your mom is to fat to ride TTD. said:
There were also Tornado warnings is some parts of Ohio today.

Tornado warnings???

Ha....I am in florida enjoying the upper 80's. :) No tornados here.

what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard.
Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it.
I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

I think Brandon is on to something.

Which is kind of weird. Traditionally, flumes are only blocked on the drops, which means the boats are merely timed, and can be allowed to stack on the lifts and at the tops of the drops. But it looks like Shoot the Rapids employs a scheme more like coaster blocking.

--Dave Althoff, Jr.

/X\ *** Respect rides. They do not respect you. ***
/XXX\ /X\ /X\_ _ /X\__ _ _____
/XXXXX\ /XXX\ /XXXX\_ /X\ /XXXXX\ /X\ /XXXXX
_/XXXXXXX\_/XXXXX\_/XXXXXXX\_/XXX\_/XXXXXXX\__/XXX\__/XXXXXX

Although why on God's green earth that should be necessary on this of all flume rides, is an utter mystery. Even if the worse did happen and two boats collided in the channels, it would be such a slow-motion collision the passengers would be more stung by the boredom involved than any actual impact.

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

Completely agree. It seems to me to be a rather silly design decision, and one that would artificially limit the available dispatch interval. Yes, certainly there can only be one boat between each lift peak and some defined point beyond the run-out, but apart from that who cares where the boats are? Certainly one of the things that has been demonstrated about this ride is that the limiting factor on how quickly they can dispatch the boats is not the time required for loading, but the rate at which the boats progress to the first lift.

As slow as the ride runs, they could probably put twice as many boats on it without compromising safety, making the long run time less of a detriment to overall capacity.

--Dave Althoff, Jr.

/X\ *** Respect rides. They do not respect you. ***
/XXX\ /X\ /X\_ _ /X\__ _ _____
/XXXXX\ /XXX\ /XXXX\_ /X\ /XXXXX\ /X\ /XXXXX
_/XXXXXXX\_/XXXXX\_/XXXXXXX\_/XXX\_/XXXXXXX\__/XXX\__/XXXXXX

Your mom is to fat to ride TTD.'s avatar

I have seen boats collide in the channel. There was a pile up of 4 or 5 boats all slamming into each other at the start of lift 2.

Let's Get Weird.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service