Cedar Point Announces New Water Ride for 2010 Season

Looks pretty awesome. Dig the use of the island. :)

Brandon

What does this mean for PWE? I couldn't tell if the lagoon was blocked by the ride or not.

Checking the pictures of the area, it appears the lifts go over the lagoon, allowing PWE to get underneath. They also pretty much said in the hints that it wasn't going away :)

The lagoon is wide open. The lift hills are set up to go over it so as not to block PWE.

Goodbye MrScott

John

Not blocked, as far as I can tell.

Brandon

Both lift hills go over the river. PWE is staying.

Looks like we'll be riding PWE first to get a good look at the ride.

I am definitely happy with this as it partially fills a missing gap of whole family rides. I like the name too.

Looking at, the one thing that might limit my rides on it is that it looks like you get pretty wet. I was hoping for something more like White Water Landing where you only got a little wet. I rode it a lot, but hardly ever rode the other 2 water rides. Looks good regardless though.

Well now they can make more money on the haystack dryers! Hey, people have to be dry. They don't want to walk around with chapped bums. Do they?

I was hoping for some desktop wallpapers that would fit a widescreen resolution. Oh well.

I would be surprised if they didn't decide to install another haystack dryer.

Last edited by Jason Hammond,

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

Cedar Creek Mine Ride said:

Looking at, the one thing that might limit my rides on it is that it looks like you get pretty wet. I was hoping for something more like White Water Landing where you only got a little wet.

I agree that the "drench factor" from the waterfall may limit ridership, but depending on capacity of this ride, that may be a good thing.

Pretty cool. Should be a great addition. I know I shouldn't have looked at it, but I can't believe the people on facebook. They are so bummed that its not a coaster. Oh well, this should be a hit with everyone.

Where's Revoman1? Waiting for him to show up and spew about how right he was. Although, he was only partially right. This is not technically a "flume"...

Jenn

More like a Shoot the Chutes with a Flume layout.

Last edited by Jason Hammond,

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

Looking at the pictures on the site, I am actually kind of curious how they are going to deal with the train - If there's going to be another crossing or if they're going to build a bridge over the train since it goes right behind Snake, and across the entrance/exit paths as best I can tell.

I wasn't happy to hear that you will get wet at first especially since that means I have to find a place for my phone. That being said I think this ride will increase the popularity of SNF and Thunder Canyon. With three water rides, getting a locker and changing clothes seems a little more practical.

Last edited by realmadrid311,

Is anyone else having trouble viewing the animations and videos on CP's site? They wont load for me and the screen seems stuck past the bottom of my monitor. Just want to know if I was the only one.

CP Nut

My only complaint is on the restraint system. There's something about no restraints on a flume and having your girl leaning back into you that makes them better. Being strapped into a seat just doesn't seem like as much fun.

Still looks like a great ride though and definitely fills that family ride gap.

Goodbye MrScott

John

While I agree that CP definately needed one of these, looking at these images makes me miss White Water Landing.

Eek, I just saw the animation with the waterfall. I hope thats turned off unless its like 100+ degrees out.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service