Cedar Point Announces New Water Ride for 2010 Season

The waterfall that pours directly into the boat is a bit unnecessary in my opinion. Other than that, looks like a pretty cool ride.

Unfortunately I'm rarely at the park when it's hot enough to ride any of these rides anyhow.

Last edited by Loopy,

eat. sleep. ride! - Coaster apparel and accessories!

Ride on, MrScott!

Mourningglorie - He's consulting with his source. jk lol

On a serious note, it looks like a good family ride. I was hoping for something that wouldn't get you quite as wet, but it still looks like a lot of fun.

Jason

Why do they call it common sense, when it's so infrequently used?

With Cedar Point's track record, the waterfall will probably only function the first few months of the season and will then disappear never to be seen again.

I am a bit disappointed...I dont do water rides. But I of course will ride this at least once just to say I rode it.

bc008 said:
Eek, I just saw the animation with the waterfall. I hope thats turned off unless its like 100+ degrees out.

100+ in Ohio? That's maybe a couple days a year.

Last edited by Jason Hammond,

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

I agree realmadrid. With only two water rides it almost didnt make it worth it to get wet. A little tip that I do everythime I go to CP is to take a sandwhich size ziplock baggy in my back pocket. If I know that I am going to get wet I just stick my phone and wallet in it until I dry off.

CP Nut

This looks like a great ride, definitely something the park needed. I'm definitely curious how they will deal with the CPLERR since it's not clearly visible in the renderings. I'm also curious as to where exactly the entrance will be. It appears to be near the current exit of SRF.

Nice name, just watched the POV animation, and for a family ride, it'll be pretty good, I'd say. It's just like SRV, except theres a bit more track for the boat to float on and there are two hills. I'm okay with this, but I thought that the rumor mill info (whyte lightning, log flume, two ttracks going down, one backward, one forward, etc.) would have been a lot more exciting.

Cedar Point could make a pretty penny if they came up with a soda or lemonade or something called whyte lightning and sell it at a themed stand around those parts, similar to the one near Iron Dragon, Dragster, etc.

Overall, I'm happy that they got a water ride, I just really don't think its anything that special.

Everything about the getting you wet part will be something they can control. I wouldn't write this off as a drenching ride... I don't think that's their intention.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

I know you're correct about them controlling the water aspect, Jeff. I just hope you're also correct about their intentions.

eat. sleep. ride! - Coaster apparel and accessories!

Ride on, MrScott!

Good point Jeff.

Jason

Why do they call it common sense, when it's so infrequently used?

I hope someone posts a map/rendering soon of exactly where the entrance will be (including details of the RR crossing). I wonder if this means bye-bye for the Gristmill?

I surely hope this ride doesn't drench you- because the whole "family" aspect is completely lost- havent met many parents or grandparents who want to get drenched with their children- they'd rather watch.

First off, it looks like a great ride and I can't wait to ride it.

Only things I don't like about it is the waterfall, the restraint system and the length(could be longer than 3 min). Also, I don't see where this ride can cost $10.5 mil.

I do like the tunnel,the fact that there is more then one drop, and the boats look pretty cool. Can't wait to ride it. I like how they brought back the "shoot the rapids" name as well.

what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard.
Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it.
I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

For all the people on here that miss White Water Landing and rode it so much, you seem to be forgetting at least one waterfall on the ride that the boats went right under, and I think there may have been a second one. That would be going into the building with the first lift. I also want to say there was a waterfall at the entrance/exit to the rock cave section, but I don't remember that for sure.

I think this will be a great addition to the park, and I love the historical throwback to the original CP flume that was in that same general area (other side of the midway). Although I was expecting some actual theming, I think it still looks great (basing the lack of theming off of the animation pictures).

Blue Streak crew 2007
ATL Matterhorn Tri. 2008
Three things you need to fix anything in the universe: duct tape, WD-40, and a hammer. Duct tape if it moves and it shouldn't, WD-40 if it doesn't move and should, and the hammer as the last resort.

My first impression is that I don't know if going up a hill and dropping right away will be as fun as White Water Landing's higher section. Half the fun of White Water Landing was viewing the park from above.

Now viewing Millennium Island down low may be kinda cool, but my first impression is that this is not a ride for me, unless I spend the day riding Thunder Canyon, Snake River Falls, and this one.

Looks interesting in some respects, and too small in a way too. :(

One less person in the line for you guys :)

GATEKEEPER-I came, I rode, I was mildly disappointed; until a second ride (rear left) put GateKeeper back on the...it's a nice ride list.

Loopy said:

The waterfall that pours directly into the boat is a bit unnecessary in my opinion. Other than that, looks like a pretty cool ride.

Don't worry we've yet to see if that part of the themeing will actually come to fruition. :)

I woulden't have called it a waterfall, but more of a trickle of water. Not nearly as much as the new ride.

what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard.
Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it.
I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Does anyone read threads anymore?

I think everything about it looks great, and its exactly what they need back in FT. I'd say their "renovation" of the back of the park is complete.

Brandon

I think the thing to do would be to bring a change of clothes, ride all the water rides a few times and go change.

When I was a kid I didn't think twice about walking around the park in wet clothes and soggy shoes, but now I'd rather change.

Please remain in your seat until the ride comes to a complete and final stop.

Rollbacks: 1

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service