BESIDES Mantis what else for 2015?

And all their restraints default to a locked state.

June 11th, 2001 - Gemini 100
VertiGo Rides - 82
R.I.P. Fright Zone, and Cyrus along with it.

I've always been curious to know how they would evac Peter Pan. The restraints aren't an issue, as you can certainly climb out, but that first step if you're not by one of the dark platforms... that would be an issue. :)

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

A friend of mine worked at the one at DL and said it was a real pain. It was a collection of ladders.

Now this has been several years and I'm SURE that California would never allow that now.

VertiGo Rides - 82

As best I can tell in that dark room, there's a catwalk over the track, which implies they can move each car to one of the platforms, none of which are ever very far away.

Side note: It's so hard to find pictures on the Internet of Disney stuff with the lights on. They're exceptionally rare. When I had the walk-down from Everest, I learned why.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Was this the problem on Expedition Everest?

No, the yeti quit mid-ride to file a union grievance.

Red Garter Rob said:
.. and if ASTM allowed it. Restraints fail to a locked position with loss of power.

Are you sure about that?

The manufacturer shall specify the state, locked or unlocked, of the restraint system in the event of unintended stop, for example, emergency stop or loss of power. This specification shall be based on the results of the ride analysis performed in 5.1.

(ASTM F2291-14:6.3.4)

--Dave Althoff, Jr.

/X\ *** Respect rides. They do not respect you. ***
/XXX\ /X\ /X\_ _ /X\__ _ _____
/XXXXX\ /XXX\ /XXXX\_ /X\ /XXXXX\ /X\ /XXXXX
_/XXXXXXX\_/XXXXX\_/XXXXXXX\_/XXX\_/XXXXXXX\__/XXX\__/XXXXXX

I knew you'd look it up before I could Dave. lol

VertiGo Rides - 82

Yes, well, it has always been a bit of a peeve of mine when people quote regulations without actually knowing what the regulation actually says.

Unfortunately the worst offenders tend to be those charged with enforcing the regulations in question. You know, police officers, building inspectors, fire marshalls, ride inspectors...

--Dave Althoff, Jr.

/X\ *** Respect rides. They do not respect you. ***
/XXX\ /X\ /X\_ _ /X\__ _ _____
/XXXXX\ /XXX\ /XXXX\_ /X\ /XXXXX\ /X\ /XXXXX
_/XXXXXXX\_/XXXXX\_/XXXXXXX\_/XXX\_/XXXXXXX\__/XXX\__/XXXXXX

See the next sentence. Refer to section five, subsection 10, paragraph four, citation 2 of appendix B as quoted in the preface to the introduction of the revised edition notes in chapters six per the first sentence of this reference.

That is all I have to say about that.

NWLB
@NWLB, +NathanBoyle, NathanVerse.com

Good thing I'm not any of those Dave. ;)

VertiGo Rides - 82

Is there more coming for 2015?

It seems as though they might be planning to announce more changes for the 2015 season, if they're really calling it the year of transformation.

We've seen clues pointed towards the old pirate building, the coliseum, the pavilions near Raptor, Mean Streak (retracking possibly?), and the area near Cedar Creek Mine Ride.

I heard that the Witches Wheel is getting a full refurb with new LED lights and paint. Any truth to that?

Where'd you hear that?

clevelander said:
I heard that the Witches Wheel is getting a full refurb with new LED lights and paint. Any truth to that?

I've heard that too.

Did you say it to each other?

I read that here but cant remember where.

Deja vĂș. I seem to recall someone else claiming to have heard that to which I responded that it had been mentioned in this thread or at least this forum. We don't have anything definitive from the park on that yet. It sure would be nice to see Witches' Wheel get some TLC like Giant Wheel and Monster did. Maybe even a nice entrance sign since I don't thin it's very clear from a distance.

I'm kind of surprised it didn't last season with the Gemini midway renovations. WW is right in that vicinity.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

If memory serves me correctly I believe it was stated as a "I want this to happen" statement, I could be mistaken though.

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service