BESIDES Mantis what else for 2015?

Gold dorms were torn down last year and I don't remember any announcement being made. It just happened.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

I had to look-up what those were, but it did answer a question I had. I recalled two buildings like that but hadn't recalled seeing them. Being dorms I didn't care much.

Cedars however has a bit more history I think. Not that it matters, it isn't as though the place would ever be used for more than what it is.

Lots of people have a re-route of the road along the edge of the marina pegged as happening at some point, as do I. Combined with eliminating GTT and maybe more, you have a huge swath of land to build on.

NWLB
@NWLB, +NathanBoyle, NathanVerse.com

Maverick00 said:

I wonder what this means.

https://twitter.com/tonyclarkcp/status/535789022237712384

In case it hasn't been said already, orange markings have to do with telecommunications. I don't think it's anything major, but who knows?

Could this tweet from Jason mean anything?

2015 - Ride Host: Shoot the Rapids 2016 - Team Leader: Ripcord/Challenge Golf 2017 - Supervisor: Thunder Canyon 2018 - Supervisor: Camp Snoopy 2019 - Supervisor: Power Tower

Of course it means something. That there is more FUN to come at Cedar Point, perhaps even along Frontier Trail.

Frontier Trail thoughts, some of them not humorous:

Revamp of the Red Garter.

A return of the outdoor grilling.

Final closing of the black smiths shop/Conversion to something else.

Change in food options near the Freestyle station.

Greased Pig chasing contest daily!

Pick-your own chicken grill at the petting zoo.

New carousel in the old carousel barn.

Replacing Chic-fil-a with something that doesn’t close on Sunday’s.

Something entirely new carving into under or poorly utilized space around the trail.

NWLB

! said:

Maverick00 said:

I wonder what this means.

https://twitter.com/tonyclarkcp/status/535789022237712384

In case it hasn't been said already, orange markings have to do with telecommunications. I don't think it's anything major, but who knows?

It doesn't matter what the utility underground is, it must be marked before digging occurs so construction crews know what is underneath. However, if digging occurs, that could be anything from a new attraction, to a new slab of concrete.

And they do replace sections of concrete all over the park every year..

topthrilldragster4lyf said:

And they do replace sections of concrete all over the park every year..

Because it is all sinking into Lake Erie. :)

NWLB

Uh, because concrete cracks and needs replacement.

You're punking us, right?

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

New for 2015. Something you can walk right onto. A concrete slab.

Uh, because concrete cracks and needs replacement.

Uh, because that was a joke.... nevermind...

NWLB

That only works for things like Magnum which are right near the sand. :-/

That only works for things like Magnum which are right near the sand. :-/

Nah, for silly things like that it is taking it up to the next level of absurd that is the point.

NWLB

Anyone know where the Mantis trains went? CP Rundown posted a picture of the Mantis trains being hauled away on a flatbed. Anyone know where they were going? Possibly being scrapped?

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

If I recall correctly the trains were going to be scrapped and the front part of one was going to become part of the roller coaster museum.

Went through Celebration Plaza today and there is some work going on. The bleachers were gone so I think there is obviously going to be some reconfiguration of the area to improve the venue. There were signs of construction, not just demolition. No change to Good Time or Cedars at this point.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

The the bleachers I think came down about the time they announced GTT was being razed. There was a short window when the stands would have been in-view but semed already gone.

There are crews out this morning doing three work but no action near the GTT itself.

NWLB

I believe the bleachers have been removed every off season. I don't think it necessarily means anything significant.

Gemini 100 (6/11/01)

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service