BESIDES Mantis what else for 2015?

Agreed. I seem to remember hearing about the bleachers' annual off-season removal.

Jason seemed to tweet today that Cedars would remain next year.

Already being talked about here

2015 - Ride Host: Shoot the Rapids 2016 - Team Leader: Ripcord/Challenge Golf 2017 - Supervisor: Thunder Canyon 2018 - Supervisor: Camp Snoopy 2019 - Supervisor: Power Tower

Well 3 months since last post above but I've heard some news about possible changes to yet another part of the park for 2015, the Frontier Trail. The updated Petting Farm was a great surprise for opening day 2014, so I'm curious about this year. Do I know what's going to happen or specifics, no; so I thought I'd ask YOU for some input for what people think could be possible changes for this area coming in 2015? Hmmm......

Maybe a repave or a BBQ stand.

Last edited by Thabto,

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

CPfan1976 said:

Well 3 months since last post above but I've heard some news about possible changes to yet another part of the park for 2015, the Frontier Trail. The updated Petting Farm was a great surprise for opening day 2014, so I'm curious about this year. Do I know what's going to happen or specifics, no; so I thought I'd ask YOU for some input for what people think could be possible changes for this area coming in 2015? Hmmm......

Where did you hear about this news?

^ In email correspondence with the park about the lack of kids attractions in Frontiertown.

Maverick restraints are looking great!

https://twitter.com/TonyClarkCP/status/594557563422777344

Am I the only one not overly thrilled from these new restraints? I think the cushion on the vest is deceiving. To me they look like they're going to be tight up against your chest and make it not comfortable. Now I never rode I305 so I hope I am wrong.

1999: First visit
Halloweekends- Harvest Fear, Tombstone Terror-Tory
Ride Operations- Professor Delbert’s Frontier Fling

I rode I-305 back in April and believe me, those restraints are going to be fantastic on Maverick.

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

Curious, how are big-bosomed women going to be feeling with those things?

I'm not familiar with that specific restraint, is the padded strap on a ratcheting system (similar to GateKeeper) or is it a stationary strap that just has a pad around it? Does it pin you to the seat like GK used to?

Okay I'll take your word for it.^^^

1999: First visit
Halloweekends- Harvest Fear, Tombstone Terror-Tory
Ride Operations- Professor Delbert’s Frontier Fling

^^They don't ratchet. Instead, they "flex" to your shoulders/chest.

The thing about them I noticed on I-305 is that you can't do the "defensive" riding that you could with the hard restraints. By that I mean the whole locking your arms between the hard restraint and the seatback thing. However, I found that using the small handle bars on the restraint worked just fine in helping to prevent really bad stapling.

Maverick may be a different ride experience compared to I-305 but I'm confident they new restraints will make the experience much more enjoyable.

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

Any thoughts on the new Maverick restraints after opening day? Everything they were cracked up to be?

Good question. It, along with a great many other rides have been down since open.

Just rode Maverick, the new restraints work. Absolutely no headbanging.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

On the new in 2015 front, the Lakeside Pavilion looks GREAT. It is a significant structure that looks to have some epic capacity. The fountain dotted with a few little Woodstocks is a nice touch. Along with Breakers, the park did a wonderful job here.

"Thank the Phoenicians!"

I was able to get a peak at the Lakeside Dining Room and that is a gorgeous space now too. What I love about all the renovations, being a long time Lake Erie boater, is that they captured the spirit and style of classic Lake Erie resorts and added a contemporary touch while maintaining that classic style. I'm assuming Rob Decker did the work, he did a spectacular job.

My family history with the park, the Breakers and Lake Erie goes back to about 1961. Never has the resort feel been captured better than it is right now. Breakers is more than just a place to stay while at the park, I can see it as a hub for a complete Lake Erie vacation that includes the park and beach, wineries, islands and other area attractions.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

Abso-freakin-lutely Pete. We made sure to check everything out when we first got there, and WOW. Lakeside looks amazing! Not to mention, the new umbrellas and orange padding on the lounge chairs on the beach just pop. I am thoroughly impressed and think the money was well spent.

I'm still interested in seeing pictures of the 4th and 5th floor rotunda rooms.

The only thing I'm still a little skeptical about, is whether or not they plan on making the space above where beaches and cream used to be, a balcony again. It looks as if they are still preparing to put some railings up there, but I'm not sure. That was my favorite place to sit and watch the lake.

Last edited by TwistedWicker77,

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service