BESIDES Mantis what else for 2015?

Scottyf said:

Good question. It, along with a great many other rides have been down since open.

Yeah, we noticed that was certainly the case today. I was really looking forward to the WT midway renovations (which looked great btw, but alot of that area of the park was simply closed most of the day (understaffing?) which was disappointing for us on Opening Day. Didn't see WT, Dodgems, Tiki Twirl or Giant Wheel running all day. Maxair was hit or miss (went down while we were in line) and did get the early AM Gatekeeper ride in.

Maverick & Mean Streak were down most of the day. Gemini only 1 car!. I didn't see the rumored Frontier Trail addition and trust me I looked. Rougarou was smoother than Mantis and without the headaches and headbanging from last fall. A nice fix but a hour wait now! Sorry to sound so "trip report-ish".

I rode Maxair today and it seemed like it was nerfed. Do they change the operation when it rains?

I rode Maverick today and the new restraints were great. I never had an issue with the old restraints, but the new ones are very comfortable.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

^^ Mean Streak was down in the evening, and the ride ops said it wouldn't reopen, but they kept cycling it. I found that strange.

So you were told it would not re-open, and yet you found the ride-cycling strange.

I find that...strange.

Promoter of fog.

They kept cycling the trains but weren't going to reopen to the public? You know what , that's usually an indication that there was an issue that maintenance was dealing with. Not unusual especially on opening day.

It's about freaking time someone sees it like that.

I'm going to miss being able to walk onto Mantis. Now wait for Rourgaru.

TwistedWicker77 said:

Abso-freakin-lutely Pete. We made sure to check everything out when we first got there, and WOW. Lakeside looks amazing! Not to mention, the new umbrellas and orange padding on the lounge chairs on the beach just pop. I am thoroughly impressed and think the money was well spent.

I'm still interested in seeing pictures of the 4th and 5th floor rotunda rooms.

The only thing I'm still a little skeptical about, is whether or not they plan on making the space above where beaches and cream used to be, a balcony again. It looks as if they are still preparing to put some railings up there, but I'm not sure. That was my favorite place to sit and watch the lake.

I'm wondering the same thing. Does anyone have reports on the rotunda or main section hotel breakers rooms? I can remember staying in the rotunda rooms in the '70s as a kid and would like to know how they look now. Given the overwhelmingly positive reviews of the renovation, I'm hoping they are spectacular.

From what i was told at check in, those rooms will be ready for check in this coming weekend.

When you visit CP, visit my Mill, est. 1835

Did anyone else find the dodgem building to look very drab in its new location? Everything around it (maxair, troika, tike twirl) have bright paint schemes. Its sign is good but its grey structure could use a new color.

The small posts sticking up from the roof above the patio sure look like they could be anchors for a railing. There is a door still there, It would make sense that the door would have been removed if the space will not become a balcony.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

I called trying to get a room in the rotunda this week and they're sold out. There is availability Monday and Tuesday next week.
The rates for those rooms were not the lowest in the hotel, for spring weekday specials the lowest were either East or Tower. The rotunda rooms are either king or 2 queen.

Disclaimer: don't take my word for it. For complete information CALL THE HOTEL.

When I worked at CP in the 70's I had a friend that lived in one of those rooms and dated someone that lived in another. So I'm very familiar (at least as far as my memory serves) and I think it would be a gas to stay in one at least once.
The bedspreads were chenille and had the old Breakers logo in the puffy design. The clothes hangers were on a rack and were wooden with Cedar Point's name burned on it. Wouldn't it be nice to have those now?

Pete said:
The small posts sticking up from the roof above the patio sure look like they could be anchors for a railing. There is a door still there, It would make sense that the door would have been removed if the space will not become a balcony.

Pete, is this in regards to my post about the balcony overlooking to old rotunda pool?

Yes.

Just saw a pic of that new wing place. What an eye sore! Looks like a Disaster Transport type building.

The building has always looked that way, its not a new building. Quaker Steak is the fourth restaurant in there. It was built as a Shooters, that failed and became a local place called J.J. Muskies. When Cedar Point bought the complex it became TGIFriday's and now Quaker Steak and Lube. It's very boxy looking. I think it would look better with different siding. They just painted the wood siding white, doesn't really look that good.

CPboy77 said:

Just saw a pic of that new wing place. What an eye sore! Looks like a Disaster Transport type building.

Can you post it here?

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

Last edited by HeyIsntThatRob?,

Ew ew ew ew it looks like Disaster Transport ew ew ew ew

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service