BESIDES Mantis what else for 2015?

Agreed...Hell I even love the petting farm, I love seeing mini bacon :)

I kid, but seriously it was cool to see some new stuff, and my gf loved being able to go interact with alot more new animals & stuff.

I for one love the live e back there and the craft beer tavern.

Corkscrew, Power Tower, Magnum, & Monster/ Witches Wheel Crew 2011

For me this year was about "polish." Much as others have said, the little things added up and the quality of the park has improved. Employees seemed happier and actually showed a pride in things I haven't seen in years. No angry-bitter kids having to grouse as I recall being endemic to the park years ago.

CP is deeply embracing season pass holders, especially the Platinum Pass owners. I think that really gets local visitors deeply invested in making the most of the perks, exploring them and feeling more satisfied with the purchase. It almost feels like a time-share or some kind of country-club membership and that is fun. You feel more "ownership" while being there as a pass holder. Clearly they intend to expand that further next season and I like it.

I liked the mid-season efforts to create pop-up BBQ locations, shifting the turkey leg sales, and later kettle-corn stands in various areas. That makes the whole park seem more "alive" and not just static and predictable. Again, this plays well to pass holders.

The entertainment seemed much improved in quality and quantity. They really had the timing down for the groups moving through the park. The blue-grass assemble in Frontier Town/Trail was frankly darn good and a pleasure to listen too. The corny shows by the blacksmiths building were...corny, but something to giggle at. Lusty Lil's Review was maybe the best show I've seen at Cedar Point in 20 years. All-Wheels continues to be a weekly attraction for my kids and I.

The Splat Squad, that is a very Disney thing and a needed one at CP, good to see, done with humor.

The clear focus on getting the retail outlets reorganized and the staff working actively on customer service were noticeable and very positive.

Chickie's and Pete's was a very nice revision to the old sports bar. I think if anything it serves to demonstrate a clear demand for such a place at CP. They ought to expand it, broaden the menu, etc. (bigger kitchen too, service bogs down badly at times.)

Halloweekends continue to get better. It evolves a bit each year and I think in a few more the park will draw a lot of attention nationally. The improvements to kid friendly activities are great. The clear push to open shows at all the venues was a great move though I may have missed a few for not having the kids out there last season. The value of Halloweekends no matter the weather and ride status just gets larger.

Fourth of July weekend was epic. Frankly the best place to see the fireworks was outside the main gate where you were near the launch-point.

The beach parties are a keeper, with adjustments. The added bonus of fireworks was unexpected and drew us out a few times. With the energy of a revived Breakers complex I expect more beach focused fun.

Things I'd like to see?

How about an old fashioned water skier show? Stunt boats? Air Race?
Water taxi rides from downtown Sandusky. Maybe even direct Jet Express routes from Toledo or Cleveland.

I'd like to see them spend some time making the Red Garter and Palace cleaner, slightly improved seats and tables, and improve the menu selections.

I'd like to see a strong commitment to attracting and training staff for the trains.

A deeper stratification and expansion of hotel options. Disney does this with several levels of resort hotels. Frankly Sandusky is lagging behind and mid-low range options are often......iffy for visitors. There are so many rather poor quality hotels being pawned off as "5 star" because of purchased reviews it is ridiculous.

A Platinum Pass digital outreach and venue. We have the blogs and such on the main site. Add some exclusive content, cameras, perks. Maybe a QR tag contest. Scan and win all the tags over a season, or something like that. It would incentive-ize repeat visits over the full season. Unlock extra perks with cumulative purchases or use of existing perks.

NWLB
@NWLB, +NathanBoyle, NathanVerse.com

Quite simply, Matt Ouimet is the best thing to happen to the park in decades. Jason is not to shabby either.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

I hope they put on a Luminosity show that is more along the lines of the way it was the first year. We four, gay guys loved it. We watched it together this year and just shook our heads and said how awful and corny it was. It reminded me of the old laser show that seemed mostly about advertising the park rather than just entertaining us.

The MF Chinese dragon thing was REALLY bad.

Last edited by Zoug68,

What does the gay angle have anything to do with it?

^^There were parts that were good and bad. The dragon was kinda lame. However I will say the singers they have in house. WOW. Can't get enough of the female for Roar & the male during Wake Me Up..just...AMAZING, I got goosebumps just typing it, they can just hold those notes so freaking well.

The elements are somewhat corny but I think it gives it some bit of family friendly entertainment and something other than a group of dancers & singers something to do to keep people watching.

Also..dat finale tho..

just...superb. I see where you're getting and agree on points, but I will say is it really as bad as the Americana show in '11? That thing was just downright awful..I watched it once and really wish I could have time in my life back.

Corkscrew, Power Tower, Magnum, & Monster/ Witches Wheel Crew 2011

The 2011 show was absolutely awful! I missed Hot Summer Lights!

I love watching to see what new stuff is heading to our park. I hope there will be an winter tour again.

Life is like a rollercoaster! It is full of ups and downs

I wonder what this means.

https://twitter.com/tonyclarkcp/status/535789022237712384

Enjoy the rest of your day at America's Rockin' Roller Coast! Ride On!

It means higher traffic for PointBuzz.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

It means Tony was bored and didn't have anything else to do. So he took a can of orange paint, sprayed a dot on the sidewalk and posted it. Now he is sitting back and laughing his ass off.

Last edited by Bluestreaker,

I find it rather hard to believe that a dot that small could mean anything too major. And if it is something, it can't too big or else they won't be able to have it ready for opening day. For all we know they are replacing that piece of concrete.

This might for a bit of news I heard from someone at the marina. I don't know if they wanted the information shared, so I won't repeat it. But if what I heard is actually true, it is related to some work starting early for project 2016 and it is not small. No, I have no idea what project 2016 might be.

Maybe, just maybe, unless you're going to actually say what it is, don't tease that you know what it is and not say it.

Well he didn't get his information from the lemon chill guy so I can't trust it. ;)

I think something big in 2016 is much more likely than something else in 2015, although they did surprise us with Slingshot...

Pete said:
This might for a bit of news I heard from someone at the marina. I don't know if they wanted the information shared, so I won't repeat it. But if what I heard is actually true, it is related to some work starting early for project 2016 and it is not small. No, I have no idea what project 2016 might be.

Definitely something big coming. New blog entry

2015 - Ride Host: Shoot the Rapids 2016 - Team Leader: Ripcord/Challenge Golf 2017 - Supervisor: Thunder Canyon 2018 - Supervisor: Camp Snoopy 2019 - Supervisor: Power Tower

I hope Midnight Syndicate will come back next year. Hopefully they can find a new place for them. I meant to go see them this year but kept missing the shows.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

I'd assume that when this project is done, Lumimosity will have a much better and nicer location.

Enjoy the rest of your day at America's Rockin' Roller Coast! Ride On!

samosuband said:

Pete said:

Definitely something big coming. New blog entry

Yup, that's what I heard back in Sept., and I think Cedars may not be around much longer.

Would they announce the tear-down of the Cedars if they did it, or do anicent dorms/hotel space not actually inside the park count for anything?

Given the size of the venue and low crowds for a live show, one can understand taking the place out. Now what about Calypso, the Turnpike Cars and Tin Lizzies? Season 145 won't have a major ride, season 146 maybe. Seems to pace things out nicely for season 150.

Just think, nearly two years worth of endless debate! I can't wait!

NWLB
@NWLB, +NathanBoyle, NathanVerse.com

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service