BESIDES Mantis what else for 2015?

NextGen89 said:
Does nobody else see what kind of potential the ballroom can have when it comes to entertainment at the park?

They could hold Balls, Dances... Shows, Gymnastics,Dancing, ETC..

Our new CEO could really work some Disney magic with that Ballroom

It was mentioned long ago at a Pointbuzz event that the ballroom is not functionally very usable because it lacks ADA compliance (elevators, specifically) and it wasn't possible or cost-effective to install them. It was a long time ago so my memory on the subject is foggy...

Q: BESIDES Mantis what else for 2015?

A: A dark ride, catering to teens & thrill seekers (but not family oriented) in the current Point Pavilion spot.

Halee Rochelle said:
im pretty bummed out about them getting rid of the mantis.

Don't worry, maybe with the rumors going a round, Mantis will stay, but with a different name, and transformation to Floorless. That's what I'm hoping for. :)

After the sudden & unexpected loss of WildCat in 2012, I'd like to a smaller coaster debut in the next few years like a Wild Mouse, El Loco, or 4-D Coaster to add to Cedar Point's coaster number.

In this Year of Transformation, I can think of one more ride they can work on.

Zoug68 said:
In this Year of Transformation, I can think of one more ride they can work on.

And so it starts... ;)

I don't see it for this year, but I do think they could do more with the theaters. Improve food options and service, seating, maybe knock a wall out and expand the space some.

The Palace for example, from it through to the Chuck Wagon. Granted the fast turn-around between shows hurts, but I'd like to see shows lasting longer into the evening, more time between them, and the ability to sit and eat, even if off a limited but still large menu than they have now.

The Chuck Wagon is dear to my kids and I as a quite place, cool, separate bathrooms, and frankly damn good Mac-and-cheese. But I see legions of people walk-in, look, then leave. It gets sad sometimes. Just a couple more options would do much to get people in and keep them there. I just hate to see it replaced for perceived lack of potential.

With yesterday's announcement (https://www.cedarpoint.com/what-s-new/new-in-2015), could that mean the Pavilions in the front of the park may be removed soon to make way for the next new attraction? Let the 2016 rumors begin!

NWLB said:
The Chuck Wagon is dear to my kids and I as a quite place, cool, separate bathrooms, and frankly damn good Mac-and-cheese. But I see legions of people walk-in, look, then leave. It gets sad sometimes. Just a couple more options would do much to get people in and keep them there. I just hate to see it replaced for perceived lack of potential.

The Chuck Wagon is relatively expensive, and to make it worse, isn't part of the meal plans. I think most people abort it because of sticker shock.

Some of the new dining improvements coming to Cedar Point's Hotel Breakers! I found this out from Cedar Point Food Blog.

Jayme
ghostlymanor.com Sandusky, OH

Scottyf said:

NWLB said:

The Chuck Wagon is relatively expensive, and to make it worse, isn't part of the meal plans. I think most people abort it because of sticker shock.

I donno, just speaking to what I see. We do have the cups so all season we just keep them filled from stop to stop. Kids always do pizza, I bounce between the chicken-which is usually pretty good, with mac-and-cheese sides. Or just mac-and-cheese. That tends to be a hair less than most options.

Chuck Wagon would be a good location for something kin to Chickie's and Pete's or another premium location.

Bottom line, having spent nearly all of our 14 visits this season eating lunch there, it isn't the price, it is the selection. Folks read the signage and expect more than they see. Smallish salads, no finger food to go with the pizza, etc.

NWLB
@NWLB, +NathanBoyle, NathanVerse.com

Why is Skyscraper not in the Challenge Park section of the Cedar Point website? It is mentioned in the comments, but not listed as an attraction.

The park had 2 wonderful "black light dark rides". They were called Pirate Ride and Earthquake Ride. They were demolished for foolish reasons. You don't know what you have until it's gone.

I'm sure whatever reasons they had, they weren't foolish.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

I simply don't understand the love of dark rides. I remember the pirate ride and it was horrible. It was maybe on-par with county fair rides overall. Short of Pirates of the Caribbean and The Haunted Mansion, just don't think they are worth the time, money or physical space at the park.

To each their own of course, folks will love what they do. Just not my own cup of tea.

NWLB
@NWLB, +NathanBoyle, NathanVerse.com

Old school dark rides have a charm about them I enjoy. I always make it a point to ride Beech Bend's when I'm there.

Yea, just can't understand how anybody could love dark rides.

^ don't understand how anybody could NOT love them. They are trans-generational... I can ride multiple attractions at Disney with my 3 month old son, while sitting next to my 93 year old grandmother. Name me 5 rides at Cedar Point where I can do that.

Last edited by Tilt-a-Whirl,

Preaching to the choir here, my friend. Really wish CP would get another one. Starting to feel like it's not going to happen.

If we get one.. its going to be along the lines of the new Laff Trak coaster being build.. which if you have seen the video.. is incredible. I could totally see CP doing that.. nice theming.. no to low maintenance required

I think Hersheypark has the right idea with that^. A "strapped in seatbelt" coaster with track would solve some of the worries that CP had that plagued Earthquake and Pirate Ride at the end (teens jumping off the ride and walking around inside, I used to see it). It certainly would up their coaster count and give alot of people a dark ride at the same time.

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service