2008 Watch

Give DT more credit. I think the que is actually really cool.

The queue is crap. Its like they took some hilighters, strapped some dynamite to them and painted it that way. The queue was cool back in the early 90's, but not now.

Goodbye MrScott

John

Well that room where the que wraps around with the big laser thats makes noise is cool. You guys don't give the ride enough credit.

Question: Why did they make the ride indoors after it was made outdoors?

You're talking to one of DT's fans. I think the ride is fun, but the queue is crap, especially when compared to its original form. Want to see a good indoor queue (that's not Disney)? Ride FoF at KI.

I've heard a couple reasons:

1) Sand would collect in the troughs.

2) Mrs. Kinzel thought it was too loud.

Goodbye MrScott

John

What exactly was in it's original form? And why did they remove it all?

There were several Audio Animatronics, plus a story line that was kept up throughout the queue. Stuff fell into dis-repair and was eventually removed.

Goodbye MrScott

John

Well, who knows, they might repair things some day. I think the que is fine, but some theming while riding would be nice.

^^^^ I also enjoyed Flight of Fear. It didn't have a bunch of theming like Disney, but the story line of letting tourist into the spaceship and all of the TVs in line was fun.

TTD: 10 MF:9 Maverick:4
Favorite ride: still can't decide
Kyle

I'm not sure what the queue is like now since I've boycotted the ride for years now. But, the last time I rode DT, the queue was like a plywood tunnel with no lights. It was horrific. That's what began my hatred of the ride.

I have read rumors about somthing happening aroung the high dive show stadium. Somthing about there being some fencing put up and some construction workers walking around. But I don't know if this is true or not, but Im going there soon so, I'll have to check it out.

I personally would LOVE to see something like Sierra Sidewinder or some smaller coaster in that area if they do tear down the stadium.

Some other things that would be great would be.... add a new stop on Millenium Force Island and add a few small rides. (Disko, or a new type of ride that nobodys ever done b4, like Skyhawk) Another would be like six flags Texas in dallas' adding like 10 new small rides over only one off season. ALSO I've always dreamed of an extension off of Wicked Twister Area, with a flying coaster over the sand and a little over the water....... I love those pretzel loops!!!!!!!!! ->

Link

Edit - Link
*** Edited 8/10/2007 1:05:40 AM UTC by Walt***

Ouch, my head hurts....

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

Many days and years my family and friends always asked me. When will Cedar Point build a Coaster on Lake Erie? I tell them because of the waves, boats, and the Bad Storms that could hit the Ride and break it down. All they could do is to build the Cobra Roll or something on the Beach so people would see the water when they would fly on that part of the Ride or Coaster.

When my friend that was working in the Office at the PARK; he told me they knew what was going to be made 3-5 years before anyone said a word about the ride to a person outside of their Offices.

You're talking to one of DT's fans. I think the ride is fun, but the queue is crap, especially when compared to its original form. Want to see a good indoor queue (that's not Disney)? Ride FoF at KI.

I've heard a couple reasons:

1) Sand would collect in the troughs.

2) Mrs. Kinzel thought it was too loud

I worked at break-a-plate game when it was still open as AR. It was extremely loud and annoying. It is now much quieter and still annoying.
*** Edited 8/9/2007 11:42:24 PM UTC by Spit***

So, once again, to review, other than the dive show not appearing this year, there is no evidence of anything changing next year, right?

Promoter of fog.

Correct.

Goodbye MrScott

John

It's pretty obvious that they're going to build the Cedar Streak, the wooden coaster that goes all the way around the park... right Chad?
;)

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

You might as well just say that there are gonig to the 500' coaster for next year. The hiil will start where the aquatic staduim is and end up by DT and go out over the lake than back to the mainland and go all the way around the parking lot.

Or

They're going to start building parking decks and build the new coaster in some areas of the existing parking lot.

Ride-on

Your mom is to fat to ride TTD.'s avatar

I Still Stick with the woodie in 09 where AS is now. Then they build a family flume ride in DT's spot in 2010.

Ride ON!

Let's Get Weird.

It will involve water. ;)

menlineum phorz si teh wni!!111one
Top Steel
1. MF 2. Nitro 3. TTD 4. KK 5. Raptor 6. WT 7. Storm Runner 8. Medusa 9. Maggie 10. Great Bear.
Top wood
1. El Toro 2. Lightning Racer 3. Blue Streak 4. Comet @ HP 5. Great White @ Morey's Pier

I want a coaster for '10, my hs graduation year. Now, that would be sweet!

Sure, I may not get that, but one can always hope and wish.

But anyway, didn't Walt say that we should only post if we had credible info on something going down? Yay thread jacking!

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service