2008 Watch

It's August and no one said they have seen track yet. Do you think CP will add a new attraction? If so what do you think it will be and where? Personally i think it CP is going after a different thrill ride. Maybe the topple tower because thats getting popular. I think it will be built right by WT, where the Aquatic Stadium is. I mean does the stadium even run anymore. Plus WT midway is kind of dieing down again. But what do you think CP could get for the 08' season?

Bring back Boblo!

I think that they won't get anything, just maybe some new family stuff. If they would get a new coaster, they would probably get something like sierra sidewinder at knotts. They haven't had a mild coaster for a while.

Its about time we get a Giant Top Spin ride. End of story. :)

-Allan M.-
Live E Lead Starlight Experience Tech - 2010-2012
Live E Fog Tech (Fright zone/Screamworks) - Halloweekends 2009-2011

Your mom is to fat to ride TTD.'s avatar

Construction begins but no new ride for 2008. Just like Maverick; construction will go on in the Aqua Stadium through the 2008 season. In 2009 a brand spakin new woodie. :)

Let's Get Weird.

Why don't we just ask the lemon chill guy?

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

A topple tower would be fun. A nice new woodie going along the beach and along the parking lot would be even better. The Gravity group coasters don't cost too much, and they deliver amazing rides. Take the Voyage for example. But I would like for Cedar Point to get alot for "Family rides". Like maybe a sally dark ride, a disko, or even a nice revamp of kiddie kingdom but putting in rides that the whole family can ride.

You know what would be cool? Is to finish the 2007 season before talking about the next.

Crazy, I know...

Brandon

haha. I'd love to see a good haunted house at CP. I used to love the Pirate Ride when I was a kid. Not the same, I know, but I would love to see a new haunted house.

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

I'd love to see the Pirate Ride brought back in its original form, ship and all. :)

Brandon

I actually wouldn't mind a whole refabrication year with no new rides and just all renovation.

Instead of building new rides and coasters, I would like to see Cedar Point go through the entire park and update and upgrade the attractions that they all ready have. Take the Space Spiral. The A/C has not worked in that for years and if you do go on it you can not understand a word that anyone is saying. Another example of updates were even alread mentioned above. The Pirate Ride was just a neat ride that got taken out. Now all that is left is a building that has nothing in it. Kiddie Kingdom is still nice but could have some updates by revamping the existing rides and adding some new ones.

Now that I have a 2 year old son, I have taken a different position about Cedar Point. I still love the new big coasters, but I want the park to remain how I grew up there as a child so that my son will have the same love of Cedar Point as I do. If they go and start taking old attrations out to add new coaster and such, all that will be there is a large collection of thrill rides. I love Cedar Point just how it is and was. Sure I want to see the new attractions but I would rather keep everything that makes Cedar Point what it is to me. Let's all just sit back, enjoy what is left of the season and see what happens.
*** Edited 8/7/2007 9:12:29 PM UTC by CP333***

Your mom is to fat to ride TTD.'s avatar

^ They use the pirate ride building for storage.

Let's Get Weird.

^ Theirs no need to store stuff if your CP. They have just about everything out!

Bring back Boblo!

I don't think there's anything necessarily wrong with discussing 2008, assuming there was something to talk about. The danger to quality discussion comes when it turns into a wish list thread.

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

cedarpoint24/7, exactly. I say it everyday when I walk by Kinzel's office.
" Huss giant top spin" I'm really not joking, ask anyone on TTD this year. BTW, we are at least 55,000 up on last year!!!!

07 - Dragster
08 - ATL Power Tower
09 - TL of Mine Ride

Did you know that Watermelon tastes like apples?

Dear Cedar Point,

I want a......... :)

Since the only markings we've seen so far were over by MF, there really isn't much to talk about. Like Walt said, we could all discuss what we want or think CP should do, but that really doesn't mean anything.

I would actually be happy if they did something completely secretive and told no one. Granted, we wouldn't have much to talk about in the off season, but that's how it was in the "old days" and it was pretty cool. Like, they could be rebuilding the Pirate Ride right now and we'd have no idea since it's all inside. :) Yeah I know, wishful thinking.

Bring on the spray paint!!

I really wish Cedar Point would add a dark ride too- maybe one back in Frontier Town- they could take out a few of those gift shops near Maverick, remove some walls, and there would be ample space for a dark ride- and it could be themed to the old West, or a "Haunted Mine Shaft"
*** Edited 8/7/2007 11:33:26 PM UTC by Tilt-a-Whirl***

We need more family stuff. End of story. Of course I love the coasters and would ride just about anything that they could think to put in. Yet, I just took a trip with my young nieces and nephews and was very dissappointed that there really wasn't much that we could all ride together. My nephew is just nuder 48 inches and there really wasn't anything we could all do together, I think we rode the scrambler, monster, sky ride, and woodstock express together. I must say this is the point that I do miss WWL, so I'd like to see something like that put back in. Save the coaster or thrill ride for "09 or '10.

I wouldn't mind seeing Soak City get an addition. Maybe a Tornado or a Masterblaster. I think 2008 will bring nothing to Cedar Point. I mean, we got maXair, Skyhawk, and Maverick three years in a row. What more do you want? :)

jkoaster said:WT midway is kind of dieing down again.

It really is. All they've done recently is move the Giant Wheel there in 2000, Wicked Twister in 2002, Chaos and Troika relocated there in 2003, maXair and a new games facade in 2005. Why are they neglecting it so much?

Tilt-A-Whirl said: I really wish Cedar Point would add a dark ride too- maybe one back in Frontier Town- they could take out a few of those gift shops near Maverick, remove some walls, and there would be ample space for a dark ride- and it could be themed to the old West, or a "Haunted Mine Shaft"

Why would they remove gift shops (after just remodling one and building a new one just this year) to put in something that doesn't turn a profit? Also, with Maverick and Skyhawk, along with other refurbishments to the area, it's obviously done what it's needed to do and bring people back there. Anything more would congest the area.

I think if anyone is on the right track here, it's CPGuru. Soak City just needs a total overhaul. The entire place is dirty concrete with waterslides. Sure, the Splash Zone in 2004 may have brought in some extra admissions, but the place is a dump overall. They need not just new rides/slides, but a new look and atmosphere. The only good spot in the entire waterpark is the small lagoon on the east side with the beach and the volleyball nets. Why can't the whole park look like that?

2005/2006: Cedar Point - Millennium Force
2007/2008/2009: Walt Disney World - Magic Kingdom - Tomorrowland Speedway
2008: Hard Rock Park - Maximum RPM! Opening Supervisor
2008/2009: Universal Orlando - Men in Black: Alien Attack Team Leader, Guest Services Coordinator

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service