2008 Watch

If CP does any improvements they should do what CP Boy77 said but make always look at fixing up soak city abit.

Bring back Boblo!

There is nothing wrong with the Demon Drop. It's been there for years now and is still a fun ride. I don't think there will be a new ride for 2008. I mean, they spent 21 million on Maverick this year. It's not in the budget. My guess is a new roller coaster in 2009 where the Aquatic Stadium stands today.

1. Millenium Force
2. Maverick
3. Magnum

It's not in the budget? So when did you see the budget?

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

Didn't you get one? They were handing them out last week at the main gate.

Goodbye MrScott

John

I say clean the Park up with a painting job on the coasters and a few other rides and attractions. They also should lay down some money for food and drinks so people will buy more during the season. I say they also should think to move some rides around to have some more land for Thrill Rides or Coasters in a couple yrs. I say "Demolish" that Stadium too, because there is nothing in there to watch.

My dad always told me about the Upside-down house and the Pirate ride. I'd really like to see those back one day.

I'd like to see a ride like Dueling Dragons at Universal Islands of Adventure. I really like that ride.

As what Cedar Points ads if anything for the 2008 season will be good for the park regardless if its a thrill ride or a family ride. I personally would like to see another coaster, I know its literally impossible, but one can wish can't he. But as for the rumor off of Screamscape I just hope it's false because frankly that ride looks lame. Its like Max Air but you tilt to the ground, if it is true Thats one ride I wont wait in line for, my time is more valuable than that. I would like to see a water ride if not a roller coaster, the 2 they have now are great but would like to see an updated water ride.

The 5 Most Thrilling Roller Coasters at CP

#1 Maverick
#2 Raptor
#3 Mantis
#4 Maginum
#5 Millennium Force

rFo628 said:
My dad always told me about the Upside-down house and the Pirate ride. I'd really like to see those back one day.

Oh good lord. Now I'm feeling REALLY old!

If they would install a Master Blaster in Soak City I would be back up in a heartbeat to give it a go.

"You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world...but it requires people to make the dreams a reality."

-Walt Disney

^hey now, I'm only 22 and even I remember the Pirate ride as a kid. Now the upside-down house is another story.

Someone here mentioned that the recent additions haven't done much for the park, and I agree and disagree. Some of those additions have brought a revitalized look to otherwise dead areas in the park, and these rides maintain a very high popularity, but I would agree that as far as increasing revenue, I don't think (with the exception of Maverick) that the last few additions have done that as well.

I agree with CP just focusing on the look of the park for next year, rather than doing the whole "hey we have a new ride" thing. There are a lot of other areas for improvement within the park.
*** Edited 8/9/2007 5:27:28 PM UTC by mk522***

Owner, Gould Photography.

I think the approach they take (add a new attraction and then upgrade the surrounding area) is the way to go. But, when they spend what they do it leaves little for the other improvements and, because the park is so large, it could take years before a section that nees improvement actually gets it.

"You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world...but it requires people to make the dreams a reality."

-Walt Disney

I'm still pulling for a dark ride...

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

I wish someone had a bunch of pictures and/or a video of the Pirate Ride- I remember it as a kid too- I loved it!

Dvo said:
I'm still pulling for a dark ride...

We really don't need two indoor rides.

Actually, if you listen to what most people have been saying, a dark ride is EXACTLY what the park needs. Its family friendly, they are (for the most part) fun and with the newer interactive ones the provide for plenty of re-rideability and entertainment. Just because its another indoor ride doesn't mean the park doesn't need it.

Goodbye MrScott

John

So you're saying that because CP has disaster transport, they shouldn't get a haunted house? Or something like Spiderman at Islands of Adventure? DT is not a dark ride. I don't know what it's going to take to get that into people's heads.

Jugga, you beat me to it. *** Edited 8/9/2007 8:26:05 PM UTC by Dvo***

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

^ - a large hammer and lots of patience.

Goodbye MrScott

John

I just think the park doesn't look good with even one indoor ride. I mean Disaster Transport is just ugly on the outside and pretty on the inside.

Just because they choose to enclose DT in a POS steel building does not mean that every dark ride does this, check out Spiderman's building, Curse of the Darkastle's building, any Disney Dark Ride, etc, heck even the old Pirate building at CP.

Even Scooby Doo's Haunted Mansion at Kings Island looks pretty cool. And DT does not by any stretch of imagination look pretty on the inside.

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service