2008 Watch

While, like the rest of you, I would not give much credence to the Screamscape rumor, that does seem plausible.

Think of it this way; you have the Pirate Ship right next door, which seems to get more "lost" every year. If you put in a "Pirate-themed" topple tower (and what kid doesnt like pirates these days?) right next door, you get a nice semi-themed family ride right by the water, more attention to the boat ride, and an opportunity to work the waterfront area a bit. It could be themed like a pirate ship lost in the waves, toppling back and forth, with riders in a "crows nest".

Just a thought. There really seems so little that can actually be discussed, though.

Promoter of fog.

That's a neat idea, but I don't think they'd need to theme the ride as such. If they were to knock down the stadium and add a nice flat, then follow that in a couple years with the removal of DT and the installation of something more appropriate, that entire section would likely take on the 'theme' (bright, bold colors) of the Maxair Midway.

Brandon

Maybe instead of building a new ride they should spend a little money on more power. It seems like once a week they have a power failure somewhere in the park.
*** Edited 8/8/2007 7:18:54 PM UTC by Big Jon***

Maybe AEP (?) should buy a generator instead. ;)

Brandon

I would bet that there won't be anything new next year, at least not anything huge. If the topple tower rumors are anywhere near correct, there'd be a lot of work to be done, an entire demolition (aquatic stadium) and construction. Obviously, if they can build coasters in an off season they could build that, but the expense would be alot since they just put in a $21 million improvement. Ah...if only realy life was like Roller Coaster Tycoon and CP was a sandbox...with no funds....

A sandbox with unlimited [sic.] funds? You mean Six Flags?

Brandon

^no, he said "no funds," not "no value."

wow, that was a lot of negatives in one sentence. And it made sense. At least I think so...

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

I would like them to stop changing their policies for 2008. Every Time they've changed something, people have been getting pissed off about it. For example when they weren't putting the parking stickers on the passes, that made everyone upset. This weekend when I went last they started a new policy of not letting any coaster run in the rain. However they haven't updated their site in a while and are just making this change out of the blue. I wanted to ride Maverick and I'm sure Adam on here wanted to ride it, but they kept shutting it down every time there was just a little sprinkle on the track! I mean come on, common sense here. The coaster will be fine if it's just a sprinkling rain.

Common sense is to lawyers as water is to oil.

Brandon

lawyers will float on top of common sense after letting them rest in a basin for a few hours?

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

Exactly. :)

Brandon

So true. There is no such thing as being able to attempt to use common sense in a sue happy society. You would not believe how much of the cost of your healthcare has to do with precautions just to CYA. (A nursing term...cover your *** ;))

randi <><
Peace Love Hope

How about this: a nice big dance floor with loud teenie bopper music blasting and a club area to attract the millions of today's large population of teenie boppers. they can build it right along the beach where the stadium is now and play songs from Hanna Montanna, Avril Lavine (sp?), Kelly Clarkson, Hillary duff, and more!!!:)............NOT!

I want a discount at all shops and food stands in the park with my season pass. Maybe even use it as a debit card in the park.

-Tambo

I think we have gotton spoiled with so many additions lately...(Maverick, Skyhawk, Maxair) and I think this is the year for just some general improvements. Although the main one that comes to mind is a pretty big job, and that is paint on MF.

Maybe the go ahead and demolish the stadium, but not put anything there until 2009 or 2010?

Nick

Improvents that I would like to be done at Cedar Point:

Repaint MF, Dragster, paint over bird poop on Raptor

Fix the theming in Disaster Transport

Renovate Bon Air section in Breakers and update all the furniture in Sandcastle Suites

Tear down Aquatic Stadium

^Everything sounds good to me, Except you don't paint over poop. A nice power wash once in a while would be nice though.

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

You took the words out of my mouth Jason with regards to the poop.

We'll miss you MrScott and Pete

I too would love a SP discount on food, you know 10-15%, Busch does it, so can CF.

As far as I understand things from reading threads on this site, it doesn't seem like the new additions (rides) have brought in much more in revenue to account for their expense. Maybe they should listen to all us "experts" that whine about sprucing up the resort end experience & spend money on that. And a discount on food for season pass holders WOULD be very nice. Maybe I'd pack less food for the room frig. :)

randi <><
Peace Love Hope

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service