2008 Watch

Walt said:
I don't think there's anything necessarily wrong with discussing 2008, assuming there was something to talk about. The danger to quality discussion comes when it turns into a wish list thread.

What amazes me is how everyones eyes glazed over this comment and continued on a wish list discussion. Let's get through 2007 first, and unless anyone has credible evidence of any 2008 project currently in the works, then lets enjoy the last few days of summer people.

Owner, Gould Photography.

From Screemscape:

2008 - Topple Tower - Rumor - (8/3/07) It’s August, which means that the rumors about Cedar Point’s project for the next year usually start to flow in. Today’s rumor claims that the park may be looking to add a giant sized version of the Huss Topple Tower to the Aquatic Stadium area of the park. I’ve got my own doubts about this given that the standard Topple Tower ride system has been known to have shown a few flaws since it first arrived on the market a couple of years ago, but Cedar Point also seemed happy with their Giant Frisbee too. Anyone know more?

I think we can expect to see some painting, landscaping, and improving for the 2008 season. I for one have my own speculations and I'm hoping to see certain things, related to them, the closer we get to the end of the season. But who really knows what next year holds......I personally don’t think we'll see any new rides.

I want to see improvements made to the park before another new ride is put in (more nonsmoking signs please). Of course it's a safe bet to say the next BIG attraction is already or already has been on the drawing board.;)

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

I want to see some new paint on Millennium Force and TTD, and maybe just touch up on all the bird poop on Raptor.

They should put some rides where the parking lot is and put the parking lots further towards the mainland. Park's too crowded as it is. I also recommend tearing down the Demon Drop as it doesn't give the good "Welcome to Cedar Point!" feeling like it should (seeing how it is the first ride you notice when you walk through the turnstiles). I know it used to back in the day, but not anymore. They should put the Power Tower in its place.

Why would you tear out a drop "tower" at the main entrance because it "gives the wrong impression of the park" and then put in a monster behemoth of a drop tower in it's place? That doesn't really make much sense.

CPboy77 said:
From Screemscape:

2008 - Topple Tower - Rumor - (8/3/07) It’s August, which means that the rumors about Cedar Point’s project for the next year usually start to flow in. Today’s rumor claims that the park may be looking to add a giant sized version of the Huss Topple Tower to the Aquatic Stadium area of the park. I’ve got my own doubts about this given that the standard Topple Tower ride system has been known to have shown a few flaws since it first arrived on the market a couple of years ago, but Cedar Point also seemed happy with their Giant Frisbee too. Anyone know more?

We want credible evidence. Screamscape is less credible than the New York Post.

Odds are he read someone here say they think a Topple Tower would be great and so he turned that into a rumor.

Goodbye MrScott

John

I was thinking the same thing John. Maybe we should come up with some other wild rumors to see if they'll make it to Screamscape.

And even if they did put in a Topple Tower (highly unlikely), why would they put it so close to Maxair. Just doesn't make much sense. After the problems that Dollywood had with theirs this year, I can't see CP wasting money on one.

If they're going to tear down the Aquatic Stadium, you can bet it will be for something better than a Topple Tower! (*cough* GCI *cough*) ;)

*** Edited 8/8/2007 11:58:29 AM UTC by Mark Small***

I would like to see a big dark ride put on the island around Milly. Just imagine walking across a tiny little bridge and in between the tall trees is this big old house. I was curious what others thought about that area also?

Ride-on

Interesting idea, but I don't know how much room Millie left on the island. The other issue, is that any foot bridge to the island will have to be elevated enough to all the PWE boats to get underneath.

Goodbye MrScott

John

Couldn't the dark ride itself be the method of transport (up-and-over) across the water?

Brandon

It could. But that wasn't what he described. ;)

I would rather they leave the island alone, or at most, create a nice walking path through the woods with maybe a few small things (like the R/C monster trucks and boats out there) to do.

Goodbye MrScott

John

Good point Jugga. I wasnt even thinking about the PWE boats. I wasnt for sure about what area is left on island also but I was just adding to the wishllist thing on here. I actually was thinking of something like that before Milly went in.

My mother-n-law always said " If wishes were fishes we would have a big fish fry" I know very corny but I thought I would add it in for everyone.

Again here we are talking about something that should have a theme and we know how CP keeps up there theming on rides?
*** Edited 8/8/2007 1:01:45 PM UTC by Rippin***

Ride-on

Personally, I prefer:
You can wish in one hand and crap in the other, and see which hand gets filled first.

:)

Brandon

Isn't Disaster Transport a dark ride?

That's not dark enough for you? And anyways we don't need another indoor coaster. One is enough.
*** Edited 8/8/2007 1:50:10 PM UTC by CPboy77***

Disaster Transport is NOT a dark ride. It is an indoor coaster.

If you want some good examples of "dark" rides think:
Pirates of the Caribbean
Its a Small World
Space Ship Earth
Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin

I know they are all Disney, but no point in looking elsewhere when they make the best dark rides in the world.

Goodbye MrScott

John

Spiderman at Islands of Adventure is the best dark ride out there.

Disaster Transport isn't a dark ride. It's just a disaster. They could make a really neat dark ride in that building. Though I'd rather just see them take that entire eyesore out of the park.

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

So just to review, aside from the aquatic stadium not being used, is there any indication at all of anything changing?

Promoter of fog.

No.

Goodbye MrScott

John

Disaster Transport isn't a dark ride. It's just a disaster

That is just hilarious.

Jugga I agree with Disney having the best dark rides. Obviously they do theming much better than anyone in the business.

Ride-on

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service