The Boardwalk - New for 2023

I dont think so. Lots of underground work being done. Check out the drawings. It matches red roof building directly behind the Matterhorn. Possibly a rest room? Cue for the Mouse ride I believe is on the lake side and behind the new eatery under the orange and yellow covering as depicted.

Last edited by jo linn,

I think it is the more I look at it. Notice the flat straight section of track along the ground in front of the ride ( the view we see from the webcam) and then it curves around to where they are building that structure, it looks to be connected to the ride structure itself. I circled what appears to be the station with a train pictured as well. The queue itself will probably be alongside the back like you are referring to. The underground work is probably for electrical controls and things like that.

Last edited by DRE420,

I am talking about the red roof building to the right of your circle.

Oh, well I don't think that is what they are currently working on as it does appear they are building the station. It just looks too close to Wild Mouse to be anything else and fits where the station is in the rendering. The building you are referring to could be the on ride photo building / ride merchandise. The building just to the north looks as if it will be a food stand of some sort. We will most definitely find out soon enough!

It's just a shed.

Don't go in it.

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

Considering it seems to be in line with the track right before the turn into the station, could it be a transfer/storage/maintenance spur off the ride?

It would seem like the most logical place with the layout I think.

They would need somewhere to park all but the cheese car during rain for their one train policy right?

Still haven't been able to uncross these circuits...
DJ Fischer

It appears to have plumbing in it. So hard to make out the details though.

Looking at this angle, I stand corrected and it does appear that you are right. You can see the foundation footers for the station running along side the load / unload area. Maybe it will be a new restroom? We can only hope. 🤞

Looking at those pictures. It seems to small to me to be a restroom and that appears to be electrical conduit.

My guess is some sort of distribution/junction maintenance facility with electric panels in it.

Still haven't been able to uncross these circuits...
DJ Fischer

Is that not the ride controls building?

Brandon

Whatever the structure is, I don't think it is for storage for cars that are not in use. As I look at that artist rendering posted a few posts ago I imagine car removal could be at the area directly behind where they have Matterhorn & Scrambler positioned. That seems like a non-public dead area.

Also, I am a bit surprised when looking at that drawing of how small of a footprint both of those rides actually have. It appears they are both crammed towards the center/right of the new coaster. I can see now that removing that one food stand was rather necessary to keep the midway broad enough through there.

Keep in mind if it's a Cedar Point restroom it won't need any sort of ventilation and the actual plumbing works are optional on Halloweekend Saturdays.

I concur that this appears to be a main electrical junction building . Thanks for that overhead close up.

I do believe it to be a crapper and the concrete you see is the cistern.

I guess I have always assumed that was the ride's electrical/controls building, given the proximity to the ride, and how quickly it was constructed after the completion of the ride structure. It would seem strange to prioritize building a bathroom ahead of ride infrastructure and food service buildings, given the relative simplicity of a bathroom.

Brandon

I doubt that a ride like this needs a "building" for the control system. More like a closet.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

I've gotta think there are public restrooms incorporated within the Grand Pavilion. Would they really need to have an additional restroom here as well? And you might not need an electrical building for Crazy mouse but maybe the other three relocated rides might need a new substation there or something?

And it may also house the photo kiosk.

Brandon

That's what I was thinking too, don't forget the ride merchandise too!

Don’t forget a place to sell FastLane+!

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service