The Boardwalk - New for 2023

Cedar Point announces The Boardwalk, new for 2023. The excitement and nostalgia of the park’s classic lakeside experience will be celebrated in a whole new way in 2023 when the park opens the new themed area just steps away from the Lake Erie shoreline that made Cedar Point famous. The Boardwalk is a modern interpretation of the Cedar Point of yesteryear. New ride, dining and entertainment experiences for the entire family will round out the improvements coming to the former Lakeside Midway, including a new Wild Mouse coaster.

https://www.cedarpoint.com/new-in-2023

Last edited by Walt,

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

I like it. We're finally getting a new family coaster, and that part of the park gets a much-needed refresh.

Also I knew they weren't going to say a thing about TTD, lol. (Though Tony specifying that Wild Mouse would be the park's 18th coaster is a bit suspect.)

Last edited by Perpetual Obsession,

Yawn….was hoping for a dragster update. However it will make that area nice…..

They did mention that Wild Mouse will be their 18th coaster, so...

Brandon

I'm excited. The Grand Pavilion looks great. This area has been in need of some love for awhile now.

That’s a great point…

I retract my yawn….this area is gonna be nice….like how their moving all those flat rides around here…..this area needed some TLC….

Looks gorgeous, and now the speculation begins as to what goes in all the areas where they are removing Scrambler, Matterhorn, Tumblebugs, etc.

Tumblebugs?

Brandon

I find humor in the fact they changed calypso to tiki twirl a few years back as a nod to the past, and now they’re changing it back as a nod to the past again, which is its own past. Inception.
Otherwise I agree this does look neat and I’m sure it’ll be a very nice area.

First ride; Magnum 1994

Calypso: TRFKATTFKACFKATT

Last edited by Jordan_Vanichek,

Weather Freak
Ride Warrior

Love this addition. However, I am a bit disappointed that the flats (Matterhorn, Scrambler, and previously Calypso) have all been moved to a single area of the park. I want to be able to enjoy these reads on a whim as I navigate the park, instead of making a concentrated effort to visit them in one section.

I enjoy mixing these rides in between coasters, while relocating them does not make this as feasible.

Enjoy the rest of your day at America's Rockin' Roller Coast! Ride On!

I'm excited that Scrambler gets a refresh. LED lights perhaps!?

And I must bring this up, but I assume the Grand Pavilion will have restrooms - as there are none in this area right now.

Weather Freak
Ride Warrior

I dig that there's space within the park on the lake side of the rides, behind Wild Mouse and Calypso. Should be a nice place to relax and enjoy the atmosphere.

Brandon

What I wish they’d put in is an actual pier out over the lake, something like Santa Monica pier that would be a super nice addition.

Last edited by MagnumMatt,

The sign on the building behind the Matterhorn looks like it says "Cool Cat Ice Cream". Think this is confirmed, or just a placeholder?

Nothing's official until it's official, but the name makes sense given the proximity to Wild Mouse.

Brandon

I kinda like the idea Cedar Point's going for. Finally we have another coaster, though it's not the 500' we'd all love to see. But my question is how is Cedar Point going to update the midway where Scrambler and Matterhorn once were?

Steel Vengeance rides: 210

I'd rather be sailing

Marina operations attendant 2021-2023

With all that extra space, New for 2024... Restroom expansion!

Restroom capitol of the world!

Steel Vengeance rides: 210

I'd rather be sailing

Marina operations attendant 2021-2023

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service