Goodyear Blimp?

There was a little Met Life Snoopy blimp over the park last month Brian I got some pictures but they didn't come out too great. I posted it to CP Rundown thinking maybe you would see it there.

I know that some of you on here are Blimp fans and thought I would tell you that the Direct TV blimp was hovering around the park today.

Ride-on

I don't know if anyone else here likes blimps as much as I do. I mostly just like the Goodyear Blimp. But DTV was in town to cover the World Series in Cleveland. They were probably on their way to Chicago.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

Hey Thabto, the Goodyear Blimp made 2 laps around Cedar Point this morning at 9:15am, then headed west. Not sure if it was that new blimp they christened recently. Always impressive!

Could be heading over to the LPGA Marathon Classic in Toledo this weekend.

Last edited by DSShives,

Steve Shives
First Cedar Point Visit - 1972
Dockholder-Cedar Point Marina

It must not be called the Jamie Farr Classic anymore. That Corporal Klinger was quite a character!

That was not the new blimp. The new blimp actually hasn't been christened yet. It's still getting an FAA certification and has to complete so many hours before Zeppelin will sign it over to Goodyear. What you was Wingfoot One, the Florida based blimp which is spending the summer at the Akron base. But I hear in about two weeks there will be THREE blimps in Akron! Yay!

If their return trip is on Saturday and they fly over the park when I'm there, that would make me whole!

Last edited by Thabto,

Brian

The blimp returned to the Akron base just now. So I don't think they went up to Toledo. I don't know what they were up to today. I'm stumped.

Brian

It apparently landed in Bowling Green at the Wood Co. Airport. Friends of mine that live in Bowling Green saw it.

http://www.sent-trib.com/multimedia/videos/

Last edited by Smitty Werbenjaegermanjensen,

Paul

Word on the street is the new blimp may be coming to the Akron air show in August. It was also briefly mentioned maybe they should christen it at KAKR since that's where the original hangar still stands.

They were at the Props and Pistons fest last year, so I don't see why they wouldn't go again.

And it has now been confirmed that all three blimps will be in Akron in the next couple weeks: https://www.ohio.com/akron/business/breaking-news-business/goodyear...-lake-base

Brian

You don’t know how I groove on having a blimpthusiast or two in our midst. I have enough nerdism going on as it is and I’m glad y’all can put in the work for me.
I don’t know much about blimps but I love to see one (I’m in Columbus so it’s often in the fall) and I’d give my left nut for a ride in one.

It definitely wasn't a blimp... because Goodyear's new ships aren't blimps. They are dirigible airships. :-)

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

Hopefully, I'll be attending the christening of the new ship like I did the last two. And I'll throw this out there that I belong to a club called The Lighter Than Air Society, which is basically a blimp nerd club, kind of like how enthusiasts here belong to coaster clubs. There's actually more blimp nerds than you think, especially in the Akron area. But the club is mostly made up of really old geezers so there's not much activities and enthusiast events. Although I would really enjoy a BlimpMania with blimp ERT! LOL! But some new life is coming into it. And Goodyear chose my photo today for Fan Photo Friday on their Facebook page.

Last edited by Thabto,

Brian

Ugh... not a "blimp" any more.

It is a "dirigible" now. They have solid structural airframes with gasbags in the coverings.

The old ones were inflated gasbags with a non-structural (not flying load bearing) noseformer.

Next thing you know idiots will be calling the thing with your notes and the microphone a "podium"...

<wink>

"Your persiflage does not amuse. " - Ralph (from Around the world in 80 days)

I don't know who you would ask this to, but would it cost Cedar Point any money to just have the Goodyear blimp to fly randomly over Cedar Point?

Last edited by Shawn Meyer,

According to Twitter, the blimp flew over the park and I wasn't there to see it. I need to be made whole again! :(

https://twitter.com/cedarpoint/status/1050848126259658752?s=19

Brian

‭(800) 767-0291‬

Goodyear Customer Service/ Make Whole Dept.

I’ll bet that’d be the first time that got that complaint LOL, good luck

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

^^ Yeah Thabto, I was was at the park yesterday at 3:30pm & saw the blimp pass by over Sandusky Bay, looked westbound. The rest of the evening at CP was cold, windy, & rainy, but no t-storms but I imagine it was quite a flight.

Goodyear Blimp is currently to the north, quite a ways out over the lake. Seems to be heading northeast.

-Craig
Lifetime Laps on Woodstock Express: 0

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service