Cedar Point traffic nightmare!!

Morons? Boneheads? You're such a sweet talker.

They're people doing a job that I can't imagine is a lot of fun.

They're on for their entire shift (excluding breaks). They're on their feet for their entire shift (ditto) on 90 degree days with humidity.

They were on their feet for their entire shift (ditto) on the day you're talking about, during a thunderstorm.

In the meantime, you were able to remain dry in your car and play on your phone.

When I go to the grocery store, I know that sometimes the cashier in the express lane will be standing there waiting for customers. And sometimes there will 16 people in front of me with their baskets filled with 15 items each. And when I go to Cedar Point, I know sometimes I will zip around Perimeter Rd, and somtimes I'll be stuck in traffic. It goes with the territory.

I'm a Marxist, of the Groucho sort.

Noggin you forgot to add that while standing there the "kind" drivers try to hit you by seeing how close they can come before you move. As they pass they throw things at you, spit at you, and try to punch you. And lets not even start with the things they say and the names they call you. Yep its a fun job!

Well, if you weren't a moron and a bonehead... :-p

I've had some awful customer relations*, but I imagine what CP parking folks deal with is much, much worse.

*Also strange ones. I used to work in a bookstore. Guy came in to buy a newspaper, and pulled the money out of the pouch of his jockstrap. He got his paper for free.

I'm a Marxist, of the Groucho sort.

Çp4€và04 said:

I've only been to Blossom once and that was to see DMB (What a surprise).

32+ shows all over the country in the last couple of years - I *know* bad traffic. SPAC is one of the absolute worst to get out of. Deer Creek to get into, and Burgettstown is just the worst parking I've ever experienced.

I always spring for Premier Parking at Blossom - and at Dave and Tim on June 14th, I was out of that lot and on the road within 10 minutes.

Traffic control is one of the most thankless jobs at the park in my opinion, which is why I try to verbally thank them for a job well done whenever possible -- assuming it is safe and not distracting to them for me to do so. It CAN get frustrating when my perception is that I am not being given as much opportunity as other more aggressive drivers (this isn't CP specific, but happens at any large venue). But I've never concluded that the traffic control employees are singling me out to wait longer just because they want to cause more problems and delays.

Several years ago I parked in the Soak City lot on July 4th and it took about 3 hours to get to First Street. Three weeks ago (on July 4th) I parked in the 'best kept secret' lot near the pet check area and it took me about four minutes to get to First Street.

It seems to me that Siouxsie was looking for someplace to vent and anticipated a 90%+ favorable rating to that rant. When that didn't happen, Siouxsie's frustration (and the insults) turned even uglier. ... It's hard to feel sympathy for someone who hurls insults so freely, even when we have all been in equally frustrating traffic situations before.

Last edited by Rusty,

Proud to have fathered a second generation coaster enthusiast destined to keep me young at heart and riding coasters with a willing partner into my golden years!

and Burgettstown is just the worst parking I've ever experienced.

Burgettstown has the worst of multiple things, haha.

You got that right about both SPAC and Burgettstown. I've smartened up the last couple years and always grab a parking pass.

I will admit I'm quite jealous that you've seen 32+ shows in the past couple years ;)

"My friend walked out of the car and up to the front of the traffic line and raised his voice to those "directing" traffic and asked them why the other road was moving and we were at a stand still for almost two hours. They barely said anything and he headed back to the car."

Oh shut up. Seriously shut up. CP in JULY will always be busy no matter what. You know this obviously because you are a member on this site. We ALL know its one road in, one road out if you park in the back! So lets check this, it is fully peak season right now, a busy day when many people leave at the same time after a storm as you even said, you decided to leave at the same time that everyone else did as well. what do you think is going to happen? And to harass employees that are probably more flustered than you having a bunch of fat soccer moms in minivans yelling at them doesn't help either. I don't get that people will wait standing in line all day for 2 hours a pop on busy days then complain that there also is a line to get out.

Idiots. And I HIGHLY doubt that your friend who yelled at en employee was the reason cars finally started to move.

OMG Clevelander, shut the hell up. People are dead at a fairground and you want to continue this thread? It's clearly become pointless so let it fade into the archives and get a life.

Also, I find it very hard to believe that guest services would tell you the traffic directors are incompetent. It is not the job of Guest Services to make the park look bad. Personally, I find the traffic directors fine. Sure, they are not big city traffic cops, but they are fine for what they have to do.

People are just too impatient these days. I was looking for an address yesterday and slowed down a bit, some a-hole found that too inconvenient and passed going over the double yellow line while shouting obscenities out the window. How dare I waste five seconds of his day. There is a distinct lacking of common decency and respect for others these days.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

Siouxsie said:
OMG Clevelander, shut the hell up. People are dead at a fairground and you want to continue this thread?

The accident at the Ohio State Fair is relevant to this thread how?

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

Siouxsie said:

OMG Clevelander, shut the hell up. People are dead at a fairground and you want to continue this thread? It's clearly become pointless so let it fade into the archives and get a life.

You do realize you can delete your own thread right? So instead of just yelling at everyone around you trying to defend berating employees of the park we love, how about don't go on a weekend in July in peak season? I still cant believe that after you say two hours, you literally went BACK into the park to complain. That is one of the most idiotic things I have ever heard and I have seen a lot!

Someone died on Texas Giant a few years ago, and you didn't see everyone stop talking about everything, did you?

CP Top 5: 1) Steel Vengeance 2) Maverick 3) Magnum 4) Raptor 5) Millennium

So, in other words what you are saying is you want to bully me into submission? Not a chance. I'm really not concerned what any of you defenders in your denial claim to believe, two of us were there. The person (who did most of the talking at Guest Services and to the person directing the traffic) has posted in this thread once but is not interested in getting into all of the silly nonsense that you hostile and hateful bunch care to extol.

So either the person in Guest Services didn't in fact say what she clearly said (quoted verbatim), or she was just patronizing to de-escalate the situation? Hilarious. FYI, the person who was with me did submit a message to CP the evening we got home. He got a lengthy response apologizing and vowing to have discussions with all departments mentioned. AND the man who responded condemned the reaction of the Guest Services attendant, stating she should have made an effort to try to provide some sort of resolution (I'm not sure if he was meaning a free stuffed animal or what). He finished by asking for further response. My friend wrote a follow up email, per request, but the only response was that he will be contacted shortly, which he wasn't. So suck on that all of you knife-wielding bullies. Shouldn't you be doing something more productive in your boring lives, like listening to Nirvana trying to convince yourself what a genius Kurt was while playing some silly video game online with someone you've never met as you ponder what SciFi movie or old episode(s) of Babylon 5 you want to watch (alone) this evening? Unless sitting at your PC refreshing the Pointbuzz forum every 25 seconds looking for another message you can pounce on is more appealing.

I literally stopped reading after the first three lines....like seriously.

clevelander said:

I literally stopped reading after the first three lines....like seriously.

They call that ADHD. Take medication, and lots of it. But yet you took the time to give another of your pointless responses. Thank you for that.

Pete said:

Also, I find it very hard to believe that guest services would tell you the traffic directors are incompetent. It is not the job of Guest Services to make the park look bad. Personally, I find the traffic directors fine. Sure, they are not big city traffic cops, but they are fine for what they have to do.

People are just too impatient these days. I was looking for an address yesterday and slowed down a bit, some a-hole found that too inconvenient and passed going over the double yellow line while shouting obscenities out the window. How dare I waste five seconds of his day. There is a distinct lacking of common decency and respect for others these days.

Well said!

Siouxsie said:
So suck on that all of you knife-wielding bullies. Shouldn't you be doing something more productive in your boring lives, like listening to Nirvana trying to convince yourself what a genius Kurt was while playing some silly video game online with someone you've never met as you ponder what SciFi movie or old episode(s) of Babylon 5 you want to watch (alone) this evening? Unless sitting at your PC refreshing the Pointbuzz forum every 25 seconds looking for another message you can pounce on is more appealing.

"Suck on that you knife wielding bullies" sounds like something a 3rd grader would say after he tells on the schoolyard bullies. It's actually amazing to me that you managed to write 12 lines of pure insults without even stopping and thinking to yourself "hmm, maybe this isn't the thing that makes me appear to the mature." Also, you were the one that was just condemning anything having to do with coming close to "disrespecting" the dead, while you make a tasteless Kurt Cobain joke/insult thing that was neither funny nor insulting. You need to display a certain level of maturity to be taken seriously, and not say that being unable to be able to actually read your work in a way other than satire is "ADHD" and that they should "take medication. And lots of it." Seems to me you're just like the people that refuse to accept that Trump is the president of the USA because you don't like him. It's actually kinda funny to see you try to insult people with such juvenile language and rhetoric.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'll go back to liking life and not complaining about everything out of my control in a pointless fit of rage.

CP Top 5: 1) Steel Vengeance 2) Maverick 3) Magnum 4) Raptor 5) Millennium

Please, save me the hypocritical parental scolding. It only takes the slightest perusal of topics here to see that it doesn't matter if someone writes the most properly worded message. If something is perceived as negative against the park then all of the condemning starts. I stated in my earliest message that I have no problem standing up for myself, and to step away from this forum for a couple of days each time, then come back and find everyone just hurling endless nastiness giving this thread a much longer life than I anticipated, then that's exactly what I'm happy to give you back. You want me to respond maturely without anything deemed "insulting" or "disrespectful", try doing that yourself and you might be pleased by the response. My initial post was a vent about an obviously frustrating situation, and immediately I was crucified by people who were not there. So perhaps you should all look at your reactions to my simple vent before you try to condemn me for my further responses. But I'm sure all this will result in is further unpleasantness directed at me. Perhaps it's time for some of you in the elite group to review your own actions and accept responsibility. Change can be good. Because until I get entirely bored by this ongoing nonsense, I will continue with biting responses if I feel so inclined. See how that works?

Siouxsie said:

Unless sitting at your PC refreshing the Pointbuzz forum every 25 seconds looking for another message you can pounce on is more appealing.

LOL! This is irony at its best!

Proud to have fathered a second generation coaster enthusiast destined to keep me young at heart and riding coasters with a willing partner into my golden years!

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service