Mean Streak?

Mean Streak: The Sequel

Who cares, just change it! Make it better!!

Actually keep the name the same, good memories, keep the name.

Last edited by Staaber,

Sollybeast said:
I wonder what an RMC'd MS would even be called. Meaner Streak?

They do still have the Whyte Lightning name trademarked already. Sorta fits.

Top 5: (1) Superman the Ride (2) Millennium Force (3) Maverick (4) Leviathan (5) Diamondback

Mean Streak 2.0

Just saw some pics from Screamscape of the markings on the footers on MS. Wow, a lot of them. What else could this mean besides demolition or RMC? Why mark all the footers?

Also, am I the only person that would not want RMC? CP needs a nice woodie and would love it if they replaced MS with a GCI woodie.

Last edited by CPboy77,

Sadistic Streak.......

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

Oh, NICE ONE. :D

Proud 5th Liner and CP fan since 1986.

CPboy77 said:
Just saw some pics from Screamscape of the markings on the footers on MS. Wow, a lot of them. What else could this mean besides demolition or RMC? Why mark all the footers?

Also, am I the only person that would not want RMC? CP needs a nice woodie and would love it if they replaced MS with a GCI woodie.

Where are those pics? I could not find them...

Last edited by Staaber,

CPboy77 said:

Yes. I've only been on Twisted Colossus and it is amazing. The great thing is, I heard it's the worst RMC conversion (or near the bottom) and it's still in my top 10 coasters list. RMC would be a great addition to the lineup, and I think you'd come around. My only concern is capacity, I don't recall any of them being giants in that field (outside of TC)

I'd also like if they changed the name, too many bad memories with Mean Streak.

Last edited by Renegade,

If Cedar Point were to go with them, you know darn well they would push for a 3 train operation.

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

I don't see why three trains would be a problem with a ride that is long enough. Although the number of trains isn't everything when it comes to capacity. If they do a launch instead of a chain lift, there's no need for three trains. Lightning Rod is like barely over a minute from start to finish. It's all about the dispatch interval and the number of seats you're sending. Dragster's 5 trains is less than MF's 3 trains and probably similar to Magnum with 2 trains.

-Matt

djDaemon said:

Investing several million dollars into a 25+ year old ride absolutely dictates a name change.

That has just been the trend. They can still market the new changes without having to rename the ride. Just look at what Islands of Adventure is doing.

Last edited by 99er,

IoA is keeping the Hulk name because they're not changing it (aside from perhaps the launch technology). They're replacing the track and supports with identical replacements, and 99% of park guests will never even know this was done. And track replacement happens to MS on a regular basis.

RMC's work on coasters has resulted in wildly different layouts, hardly resembling the original coaster. And they've all been heavily marketed basically as entirely new rides, with new names.

Brandon

It hasn't been done before, but I don't see why it couldn't: what about a RMC conversion of Mean Streak, but with their wooden track and not the I-box track (Lightning Rod track as opposed to Twisted Colossus track)? Keep the wooden coaster status, but get a crazy RMC layout. That's my vote.

I don't think the Topper Track can do the crazy layouts that the IBox track can. The Topper Track is a more durable replacement for traditional wood coaster track and can do more or less the same layouts. The IBox track is designed to allow all of the exciting elements that have been incorporated in the conversions. I do think a reprofiled Mean Streak using Topper Track can turn it into an excellent wood coaster but you won't get the crazy layout possible with the IBox track.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

While on the subject of RMC......

Storm Chaser at Kentucky Kingdom is flat out amazing.

Cedar Point Lifer
Employee 2006-2009

^^Goliath, Lightning Rod, Outlaw Run and Wildfire all have pretty crazy layouts with their wooden track. However, it stands to reason that the wooden track is not as durable as the I-box track.

That's really it too.. The durability. Im not against the RMC wood. in fact, I commend them on their advancement with the wooden approach. However jetting out into Lake Erie, I-box would likely be the more durable option.

While I agree that CP needs a good woodie, I have trouble with the idea of passing up (if they were to tear down MS that is) the opportunity of the last good candidate for the Iron Horse treatment. While there are many rough woodies out there, few of MS's stature are left. RMC is running out of rough old wood coasters to I-Box. MS is the only one left that screams Iron Horse to me.

Last edited by CoasterCam,

2018- Raptor

CP Top 5- 1)MF 2) Maverick 3) Gatekeeper 4) Top Thrill Dragster 5) Raptor

WaterDummy said:

Does anyone know of any sites with pictures of markings or other pre-construction of the coasters that were given the RMC treatment? I did a brief search earlier today, but I could not locate any pictures.

It'd be interesting to compare some of the current markings with previous coasters that were re-done.

From Cyclone's transformation:

via http://sfneonline.org/2014/05/20/iron-cyclone-rumors/

Thanks, InfiniteG!

Will be interesting to see how this all pans out.

-Miker-

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service