announcement date 8/18/15

That logo is so cool!

Weather Freak
Ride Warrior

I'm so confused right now. I don't understand this VR app at all. So let me know if I'm correct on whats happening though:
There is an app on the play store that has a virtual model of the park on the app and anyone with android can currently download this app. When you download the app all you see is clouds, but when people started playing around with it they somehow got it to work and could see the new coaster and logo.
This is what I'm picking up right now. To me it just doesn't make sense, but I'm not very good with technology either. If someone could explain in a simple way exactly what's going on with this VR thing is then that would help a lot. Thanks! :)

1999: First visit
Halloweekends- Harvest Fear, Tombstone Terror-Tory
Ride Operations- Professor Delbert’s Frontier Fling

Now thats what I'm talkin about. That logo is awesome.

The logo looks great. The layout looks very rough and strange to me. It looks like a crappy No Limits representation.

2018- Raptor

CP Top 5- 1)MF 2) Maverick 3) Gatekeeper 4) Top Thrill Dragster 5) Raptor

I've never been on a dive coaster, but from what I understand, they have a fairly wide train layout, yet? Would the train even fit through the opening displayed in this picture?

So, I just downloaded this app and can see the clouds. How are people getting photos of the coaster now?

I have an iPhone and haven't figured out how to download it. The link on the page is unclickable and it's not in the app store.

It is only for android.

Is everyone else's double screened (top and bottom) on the app?

GDdashROM said:
I've never been on a dive coaster, but from what I understand, they have a fairly wide train layout, yet? Would the train even fit through the opening displayed in this picture?

This app has to be powered by your tiny phone proccessor. This is a 360 degree view ride video and its the first of its kind. Its going to look very crappy for a prototype. Now if was meant for a pc, that would be a different story.

SV ruins all other rides.

I am curious if there is any indication of the train configuration on the app? Perhaps 10 wide as possibly indicated on the track part numbers in the pictures? If so , a very wide configuration would mean some very different forces to experience on the outer edges.

jo linn said:

I am curious if there is any indication of the train configuration on the app? Perhaps 10 wide as possibly indicated on the track part numbers in the pictures? If so , a very wide configuration would mean some very different forces to experience on the outer edges.

The trains were definitely only 8 wide in the render.

I feel like they're going to use 8 across trains and try using the vest restraints. Though I'd think it would be cool if they tried using a lap bar, but that would probably be asking for too much.

Any sign of diving into a tunnel off the first drop?

When you visit CP, visit my Mill, est. 1835

FWIW someone on reddit posted this:

Android dev here. Made a throwaway account just in case. I downloaded the .apk and decompiled it with apktool. The whole VR experience was made with Unity, and if you've ever developed for Unity before, you know its pretty easy to extract all the images/models/textures/etc... directly from the asset files.

So after doing that, I managed to find a high-res 3d rendered layout of Valravn as well as a higher res version of the Valravn logo. So for anyone who doubts the legitimacy of those images, they're definitely real.

Did they not take screen shots of that high res layout?

2018- Raptor

CP Top 5- 1)MF 2) Maverick 3) Gatekeeper 4) Top Thrill Dragster 5) Raptor

Members of the media received this this morning. Notice the crown at the top of the box is the same as the crown in the logo. ALSO notice the box is a dodo case that is to be used with the app as a VR headset. ALSO ALSO notice the Cedar Point banner is the same as the on in the logo.

Last edited by InfiniteGs,

Just 10 more days to keep it all a secret.

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

I still think it's going to be a dark ride.......

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

No doubt this is all just a distraction to keep their real plans for 2016 unknown until 8/18.

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service