announcement date 8/18/15

Admittedly have only seen the couple screenshots in this thread

I wonder if Cedar Point might have to get creative with the timing of future project announcements. These plans were leaked on TPR ten days before the scheduled announcement, so perhaps for the next attraction the park should surprise-announce the ride twelve days before the schedule announcement date. That'd show 'em.

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

I still have a feeling it's gonna be something totally different. This could just be one of the options they said they was looking at for 2016. I'm sure they had designs made for each one of the options. Awesome looking ride for sure!!!! But not sure this is it.

Is there anyway this will allow for a continuation of the Blue Streak midway? Seems like they could have done this and saved room for a future dark ride. I'm sure they have a master plan for all that though.

2018- Raptor

CP Top 5- 1)MF 2) Maverick 3) Gatekeeper 4) Top Thrill Dragster 5) Raptor

From the looks of it the midway could expand between raptor and valravn. There's also a nice chunk of land left, and if they were to move perimeter road it could create even more land.

Last edited by InfiniteGs,

Ensign Smith said:

I wonder if Cedar Point might have to get creative with the timing of future project announcements. These plans were leaked on TPR ten days before the scheduled announcement, so perhaps for the next attraction the park should surprise-announce the ride twelve days before the schedule announcement date. That'd show 'em.

Unless, of course, a reverse-engineering of the VR app revealed the leaked graphics, in which case the solution is to not release the app early as a teaser because there are smart devs out there..

I'm not at all surprised by some people already touting to be disappointed by the layout, but I can offer this; after riding Griffon when it debuted I remember thinking how pleased I would be if it could be magically teleported to Cedar Point. The ride is just fun (and thrilling) from beginning to end. What we're getting appears to be a Griffon +, with the plus implying a little higher, a little faster, and a little barrel roll to go with it.

Looks like a solid winner to me.

Promoter of fog.

Let me be clear...I'm not disappointed with the layout. I just meant that this is the first B&M coaster layout that I have seem that I haven't immediately thought, "that's beautiful!"

I love dive coasters so I expect to love this.

Last edited by CoasterCam,

2018- Raptor

I think the reason people are disappointed with the layout is because it's less than the Sandusky Register described it would be.

The most dangerous enemy is the one you don't know you have.

It's one less inversion, and most likely taller.. seriously. Nothing ever pleases you guys.

Where in the world are you getting that it's "most likely taller?" Someone already did the math, and with the dive machine standard 45 degree lift hill, it was literally something like 223.4 feet with the amount of lift hill track at the plant. And you say one less inversion, I say 25% less. I'm not agreeing with the people who don't like it, as it looks like quite a fun ride, but you can't say that they're completely wrong either, of course through no fault of Cedar Point, mostly just the SR.

The most dangerous enemy is the one you don't know you have.

TTD6262 said:

Where in the world are you getting that it's "most likely taller?" Someone already did the math, and with the dive machine standard 45 degree lift hill, it was literally something like 223.4 feet with the amount of lift hill track at the plant. And you say one less inversion, I say 25% less. I'm not agreeing with the people who don't like it, as it looks like quite a fun ride, but you can't say that they're completely wrong either, of course through no fault of Cedar Point, mostly just the SR.

Well yeah I was the one who did the calculation, but looking at these renderings, it could be taller when it's all said and done. I'm just pointing out that nothing is ever good enough it seems, yet I bet each and every one of you will be riding this the first chance you get.

Does anyone know if the marina gate will be relocated, or if it will stay where it is? I'm assuming they would build a new one regardless of the location, because it is quite outdated.

I think it'll be higher up because there's 10-20 feet higher for the station, which means about 240-250ish.

I hope CP has a themed station, and not just a steel structure. Something like Griffon or Banshee? Both themes fit with the dark, medieval like Valravn.

Last edited by CoasterGuy15,

TTD6262 said:
I think the reason people are disappointed with the layout is because it's less than the Sandusky Register described it would be.

Coming from the Sandusky Resister, I'm not surprised they were wrong. ;)

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

topthrilldragster4lyf said:

Ensign Smith said:

Unless, of course, a reverse-engineering of the VR app revealed the leaked graphics, in which case the solution is to not release the app early as a teaser because there are smart devs out there..

That may have been the route to the leak this time, but it's only the must current iteration of Letting-the-cat-out-of-the-bag syndrome. There have been multiple previous leaks by other means. But my suggestion was mostly tongue in cheek anyway...

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

I wonder how tall Valravn's immelmann is and if it is taller than GateKeeper's.

I don't see what is wrong with discussing what we like or don't like about a ride, a ride that isn't even official yet. I'm not bashing anything...I hate when people bash on B&M...it looks like a great ride. OF COURSE I will be riding it as soon as I can seeing as I've been wanting a dive coaster for years.

2018- Raptor

Final Force 500 said:

I wonder how tall Valravn's immelmann is and if it is taller than GateKeeper's.

Judging from the rendering and comparing it to the ratio between the height of the immelmann of gatekeeper to its lift hill it seems to be taller.

Last edited by InfiniteGs,

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service