announcement date 8/18/15

If it ends up being too noisy right next to the plaza they could always enclose it and paint the interior walls with glow in the dark paint.

I don't think this is a distraction at all. This seems pretty legit.

1999: First visit
Halloweekends- Harvest Fear, Tombstone Terror-Tory
Ride Operations- Professor Delbert’s Frontier Fling

Could all be one big ruse but everything seems to be hinting at combining a VR experience with the coaster right?

^ I doubt it... I don't see how wearing a VR headset and riding a coaster at the same time would be enjoyable. Maybe as a simulator, but not on a coaster. Then again, you never know.

I'll just say everything I have to say now. In a way I hope that they don't name the new ride Valravn, just because personally, I like to be surprised and I think it's a little too similar to Rougarou (hard to pronounce, mythical being, etc.) The name Centurion, however, is what I'm praying for. It could add up, the Roman sounding name, the lightning bolts (Zeus?) on the teasers, and the "history will be made" tagline. Of course I'm sure you'll all be bashing on me for every little thing I say and why it won't happen, but that's just my personal opinion of what I think the ride should be named. Also, I strongly believe it will be a Dive Coaster. I'm not an expert or even know what a virtual reality coaster is, but maybe it'll be a mashup of both? :/ Either way, a greek/ roman god theming would be pretty cool.

Arms Down, Head Back, and Hold On!...Arms Down!...Arms Down......

I think those in denial about this being real are just upset that either 1) the surprise was ruined or 2) they hate the layout. Sometimes you just have to take it for what it is.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

Someone from TPR just posted this:

Last edited by InfiniteGs,

This definitely seems legit. The only things I don't like are the layout and the lack of a vertical loop or fourth inversion. But I will be more that happy with this. Looks to be a great ride!

2018- Raptor

CP Top 5- 1)MF 2) Maverick 3) Gatekeeper 4) Top Thrill Dragster 5) Raptor

Man, why does every CP ride get leaked before announcement.

Vest restraints please! 😀

When you visit CP, visit my Mill, est. 1835

http://m.imgur.com/WiicJu8
Y'all think they will respond??

At this point, the damage is done. From the leaked memos to all this, I don't think there will ever be a ride that CP will ever be able to keep under wraps.......even if by no fault of their own.

But, let us also not forget that this doesn't distract from what this ride will be like. Anyone who's been on a dive coaster knows that this will be a great ride. A little disappointing regarding the secrecy..........yes. But a solid looking ride none the less.

Last edited by TTD 120mph,

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

Yes. By revoking your pass.

Dude you're complaining about something your not even supposed to know exists. Maybe be less of a dick?

Good thing I don't have a pass for them to Revoke!!!

If this is in fact the announcement, then it seems like a great ride, but I would be disappointed that it does not offer a tunnel or splashdown element. Seems like natural elements to add in a dive coaster ... I hope there is some type of cool elements.

That VR model where it just kinda meanders through the grass makes it look a bit odd if not visually boring. Will wait to see the full mock-ups on the 18th to get a better idea though

Maybe there is a tunnel and/or splashdown and it isn't shown in this renderings above? Unless the VR app doesn't have one either.

Weather Freak
Ride Warrior

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service