announcement date 8/18/15

This will deffinitely give Cedar Point one of the most unique B&M lineups out there.

2018- Raptor

CP Top 5- 1)MF 2) Maverick 3) Gatekeeper 4) Top Thrill Dragster 5) Raptor

Nothing is ever good enough for y'all. 😊

A B&M flyer would be "good enough" for me. Make it launched and they wouldn't need to put in a new coaster for another six years (same as the gap from Maverick to GateKeeper). ;)

What I'm also looking forward to on the 18th is to see how the surrounding environment will be integrated with the ride. Yes, we can see the layout and the coaster itself, but what we have no clue about are things like the station, any (dare I say) themed elements that may be present, the path of the queue, any interaction(s) with the midway, etc...there is a lot to be seen.

If Cedar Point does one thing well with their coasters, it's involving the people either on the midway or the queue itself. Dragster has its stands and the queue in the belly of the beast, Corkscrew's overpass is legendary, MF's final overbanked turn over the queue and the 90 mph flyby, and Gatekeeper goes without saying. I'm really excited to see what they do with the whole area as much as the ride itself.

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

InfiniteGs said:

Final Force 500 said:

I wonder how tall Valravn's immelmann is and if it is taller than GateKeeper's.

Judging from the rendering and comparing it to the ratio between the height of the immelmann of gatekeeper to its lift hill it seems to be taller.

The real question would be is Valravn's Immelmann taller than GateKeeper's lift hill? If so, CP will have the world's 2 tallest inversions.

Oh good, another roller coaster, just what this park lacks. It's like Magic Kingdom adding another Dumbo ride, it's just hard to get excited

Coasters are what Cedar Point does...

2018- Raptor

It's their DNA.

I think we have a troll on our hands, folks. The Dumbo ride doesn't have a bowel-shaking layout and a barrel roll helix combo that will leave most of us sterile.

Magic Kingdom did add another Dumbo ride (2012?), in order to better serve guests.

Like Disney, Cedar Fair studies, analyzes, and assesses its markets and makes investments most likely to make money. Exciting? Maybe not. Smart business? Yes.

Last edited by Kevinj,

I'm a Marxist, of the Groucho sort.

So Cedar Point is adding a Dumbo ride?

Last I heard, Cedar Point was getting a dive coaster. Maybe you know something I don't. :)

I'm a Marxist, of the Groucho sort.

Very dumb thought. VERY dumb thought. But what if, and no I'm NOT complaining that I want more than these leaked Valravn coaster plans, but what if Tony and some of the other Cedar Point people just staged this whole thing and we're getting something different for 2016. Like they made fake "leaked" photos and stuff just to troll people like us, because theyre learning from some of their mistakes in the past. Of course, it wouldn't add up cause Valravn is trade marked (right?) but I would find it funny if they were faking these Valravn plans this whole time. They could have totally pulled it off! Of course these plans do look awesome. Maybe they can try something like that for 2017. ;)

Arms Down, Head Back, and Hold On!...Arms Down!...Arms Down......

MaverickForce said:

I think it'll be higher up because there's 10-20 feet higher for the station, which means about 240-250ish.

Oh wow that's actually quite a good point. If it's around that height I will be very happy. I'll be the first to admit that I was wrong lol.

The most dangerous enemy is the one you don't know you have.

So, if Cedar Point is staging all of this, did they request that B&M manufacture a bunch of dive coaster track to throw us off? Because at the moment, there are no other parks that are known to be getting a dive machine in 2016.

p.s.- I'm asking this sarcastically. :P

Last edited by TTD 120mph,

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

I'm going to guess, that just by creating the VR app, they intended a leak of their plans. But i'll guess they would rather us download the app, then visit the park, rather than hack the **** out of it... But they should expect that to happen as well...

I'm just disappointed that this means yet another year without that Hooters franchise...

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

It will be hard to top DollyWood's Lightning Rod.LR just looks like the coolest coaster ever. Hoping CP comes with another "best in the world game-changer".

Wznm

Those footers are like stilts. Rougarou on the right and a giant immelmann on the left. I love it.

I doubt those footers will come that far out of the ground

2018- Raptor

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service