announcement date 8/18/15

You can't top the Beast. You just can't. It's the best wooden coaster. :-)

I believe the Beast continues to hold the record for longest wooden coaster. The extensive land the park owned/owns allowed the Beast to sprawl out.

Last edited by noggin,

I'm a Marxist, of the Groucho sort.

Well they could try to beat the Beast's record of world's slowest chain lift. (:

2018- Raptor

CP Top 5- 1)MF 2) Maverick 3) Gatekeeper 4) Top Thrill Dragster 5) Raptor

I'm willing to wait for comes after the chain lift.... :-)

Buckeyeshaman said:
I seen a video on youtube that someone did on Valravan . Looks pretty nice but, I know its not a clue to the announcement. I just hope they are working on getting the Golden Ticket Award back. Would a dive coaster do that ? Dollywoods new coaster looks like it will be great from what I seen built along the hillsides. Maybe the annoucement will layout more than just one ride. Everyone wants Mean Streak torn down or refitted, so Im sure its days are in the eyes of the coaster folks. Yes, CP could use somemore family rides in general. I seen a awesome ride at this yrs Ohio State Fair called MoonRaker. Fireball seemed to be doing alot of business as well. To me the saying its all coming down sounds like them telling what will be cleared and or rebuilt, or newly built. Its CP so, its more likely a record breaker no matter what. Does the annoucement w the number of days have a clue ? Remember they used numbers in announcing the remake of Mantis.

Stop using "seen" and use "saw." That is the correct past form of "to see." I just had to mention it because it was annoying me when I read your post lol.

The most dangerous enemy is the one you don't know you have.

TTD6262...
Sorry my use of words bothers you...however its still a free country, so I will use whatever I feel until the illuminati take over. I dont care what people use to say in their replys etc. etc. I enjoy reading them anyways. If it bothers you that bad, simply don't read.

"I don't think what I'm writing is worth the effort of proper grammar, punctuation or spelling, so please, give my post just as much value as I do...."

Will do.

It's much easier to understand people who use proper grammar and punctuation, and this site specifically emphasizes that, just see the two sticky threads at the top of the forum. Whatever though, I was just trying to help you so you don't put "I seen this kid who needed help..." On a resume or official document of some sort.

The most dangerous enemy is the one you don't know you have.

So, records.

• Longest dive coaster
  • Longest drop on a dive coaster
  • Fastest dive coaster
  • Most inversions on a dive coaster (3)
  • Most coaster track at one park
  • Most rides at one park
  • Tallest inversion on any roller coaster (?)
  • Most bird-themed attractions at one park

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

noggin said:

You can't top the Beast. You just can't. It's the best wooden coaster. :-)

Guess you've never been to Elysburg, PA

Also, I forgot.

• Park with most coasters over 200 ft. (5)

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

Does anyone know how they got the app to work for that? I've attempted gps spoofing to put me by the Cadillac Cars, but it still loads the teaser splash screen.

ApexMotorsports said:

Does anyone know how they got the app to work for that?

Yep. The people who supposedly got the app to work know how they supposedly got the app to work. :-)

Buckeyeshaman said:

Well put the box together and see what it looks like and post.

It looks like a pair of Google Cardboard VR (Virtual Reality) goggles, because that's what it is.

Last edited by topthrilldragster4lyf,

Renegade said:

Guess you've never been to Elysburg, PA

I have been to Knoebels.One of my favorite parks.

Beast is still the best. :-)

Random, unimportant thought-

I just watched the POV on Reddit. Now, granted, we all know how "unofficial" all of this is, and can't treat anything as "fact" until the announcement. But for whatever reason, the video suggests a much longer ride time than what I'd imagined based just on the layout images. I've never experienced a dive coaster myself, and I have to admit my first thought was "man, that layout looks kinda short." But I guess that's based on the more traditional types of trains I'm used to, and didn't take into account the way this type of train moves through the track.

Honestly, this kind of coaster wouldn't be my first choice. Buuut, I guess the park's decisions aren't all about me u_u And I'm sure I'll be more excited about it as it comes to life. Whatever it is. I also feel like we'll be introduced to more sweet features/theming later on.

Last edited by accio_airtime,

Chuck Wagon said:
Also, I forgot.

• Park with most coasters over 200 ft. (5)

What about tallest dive coaster?

1999: First visit
Halloweekends- Harvest Fear, Tombstone Terror-Tory
Ride Operations- Professor Delbert’s Frontier Fling

The Beast IS still the best to me. I can't say I'm that happy about this dive coaster, I am not one to judge if the park thinks it "needs" it to get back their status as roller coaster capital or whatever. But it would have been nice to have gotten a really good wooden coaster. Tired of seeing the twisted steel all over the park, it's beginning to look like Geauga Lake in being overbuilt, so to speak. It's too soon to see the overall impact and guest response to it.

I'll be honest, I'm not that impressed with either Gatekeeper or Banshee. There's some awkward movements to both so it concerns me seeing that video if it's going to feel like either one of those. Maverick, MF, and TTD are still winners from beginning to end of ride, will this be as good as those? Magnum was also designed very well in my opinion, I know it's a lot less smooth than it used to be. I do like Diamondback, though. I haven't ridden any other B&M's outside CP and KI.

I agree with a lot of Tilt-a-Whirl's post and makes me think CP can't make up its mind what it wants to be as a park. I know in time they'll add a video game ride but is it really going to fill that hole?

'

Upside-down Fun House
Kris

Geauga Lake was overbuilt (among other reasons) because too many coasters were added to the park in too few years, resulting in a park that was not built out appropriately to its market. Cedar Point and Geauga Six Worlds of Adventure Flags Lake: different parks catering to different markets.

I disagree: I think Cedar Fair knows exactly what kind of park it wants Cedar Point to be and is developing the park accordingly. Not knowing what's penciled into the five-year plan, it would seem Cedar Fair is developing this particular park as a multi-day destination resort that emphasizes high-profile roller coasters.

Last edited by noggin,

I understand, Noggin, but even looking at the pictures of Geauga Lake at that period (I did not attend) it just looked like a cluster-___. of twisted steel all over.

As far as what CP wants to be, it was mixed messages there with the Gemini renovation. It's pretty clear now with this new addition it wants to remain a power park.

Upside-down Fun House
Kris

Seeing as we also have a family-friendly dark ride coming in the near future I would say balance is the new name of the game.

Promoter of fog.

Cedar Point without question needs a new woodie in the park, which may come in 2020. A coaster w VR could be built in a small area I would think. Just put it in a building and poof there you have it. But, the coaster kings will have something special Im sure. Perhaps in the future they should use Native American code talkers to keep secrets being leaked if this is a dive coaster everyone thinks. Record Breaking, and History making is CP's signature when it comes to coasters anyways, so what else is new ? Well, the clock is running 9 days and it will all become clear.

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service