announcement date 8/18/15

I have an even simpler way to merge a dark ride with a coaster - close your eyes while on the coaster.

The announcement will take place in Celebration Plaza

https://twitter.com/cedarpoint/status/629741400020660224/photo/1

Weather Freak
Ride Warrior

ok... I posted the original post about the "cedar Point VR" app. at first, it was just a first person view of something like vortex made of clouds. as you turned your phone, you changed your view. It has a countdown timer, and a cedar point logo. it pulls your location off of your smart phone. On Monday aug 3, I went to cedar point. after that, the app played me a first person view of the dive coaster named Valravn. You can look around as you ride the coaster. it sits beside the raptor and goes all the way to where the Lamitosity stands are. The Cedars are still there. It claims to be the tallest, fastest and longest dive coaster. now the app went back to the clouds and logo. and yes, its a gold brown copper color.

JUnderhill said:
Not a single bit of anything points towards Mean Streak, whereas everything points towards the new project for 2016 going in the area once occupied by the Good Time Theater.

It doesn't take any sort of sleuthing skill to figure this out, other than listening. As stated above CP has already confirmed that the new 2016 project will be built behind the wall.

Tearing down GTT, moving a few rides, and building the coaster wall to mis-direct a few folks, that's a good one!

I'm really sorry for those of you who thought I was serious. I forgot the ;) I will leave the long drawn out funny conclusions to kevinj. He seems to be better at it.

...and yeah... lurking for 15 years... my collection starts in 1975. I'm made a study of the place... I just avoid the online hype.

Ira Deel II said:
ok... I posted the original post about the "cedar Point VR" app. at first, it was just a first person view of something like vortex made of clouds. as you turned your phone, you changed your view. It has a countdown timer, and a cedar point logo. it pulls your location off of your smart phone. On Monday aug 3, I went to cedar point. after that, the app played me a first person view of the dive coaster named Valravn. You can look around as you ride the coaster. it sits beside the raptor and goes all the way to where the Lamitosity stands are. The Cedars are still there. It claims to be the tallest, fastest and longest dive coaster. now the app went back to the clouds and logo. and yes, its a gold brown copper color.

Say what? Is this legit?

Also, just as a tip, I would try to always use correct capitalization. There are some people on these forums that will rudely call you out for it. Just trying to save you from the hassle. (:

2018- Raptor

CP Top 5- 1)MF 2) Maverick 3) Gatekeeper 4) Top Thrill Dragster 5) Raptor

Sounds legit to me. If you have been lurking for 15 years, you get a bit more of a pass regarding spelling and grammar in my book. Thanks for sharing your info Ira.

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

Not saying i definitely don't believe you, but did you happen to grab any screenshots or anything? Seems like a cool glitch in the system. Anyone going to CP in the next couple days that could try and recreate?

Apologies FinalForce 500, I missed the sarcasm in your post and as one who frequently uses sarcasm I must admit I embarrassed I didn't pick up on it.

^^^^^^^ Are there any more details you'd like to share? ;) What do you mean by a "vortex made of clouds"? Was it a full POV or just a generic teaser? Was the coaster similar to to the memo leak (in terms of elements and size)?

Thanks for sharing that with us. I'm guessing what you described was a glitch with the app, showing something we're not supposed to see yet. I'm still very excited for announcement day, though!

I'm going TUESDAY but I have no idea how to get the app or if I even can on iPhone....I also have no idea why my phone capitalized all of "Tuesday."

The most dangerous enemy is the one you don't know you have.

Here ya go everyone... I tried to spoof my location but I can't get it to the claimed Valravn video. Gonna be in Sandusky in a couple of days might go then to try.

http://m.imgur.com/a/KM3de

And if you want the app to try yourself.. It says coming soon but if you click your respective app storeout should let you download
https://www.cedarpoint.com/online-fun/vr-app-download

Holy crap!!! So after a lot of messing around with my stupid android tablet I managed to get it to play!! I don't know what finally did it, and I haven't been able to get it to do it again, but It looked weird with double vision and it moved around in 3D whenever I moved my tablet, but I'll try to describe the coaster the best I can, although it was kinda hard to see everything...

You make a turn out of the station and climb the massive lift. Then you make a smaller turn at the top and pause at the holding brake. Then you traverse the massive vertical first drop into a massive immelman. Then it's a large swooping banked turn up into the MCBR. Then another vertical drop and up into a dive loop. Immediately after the dive loop you fly up into a barrel roll and then make a sharp banked turn down back down and pass under the barrel roll. Finally, there's a fun looking air-time hill (which goes over the second vertical drop) and a banked turn back up into the final brake run.

Here's a really bad interpretation of the layout. I'm sorry I suck at drawing.

There was also a picture of the logo, which said VALRAVN and had a big angry looking raven with its wings spread behind the text wearing what looked like armor and a pointy crown.

Two of yall saw the coaster and logo and no one thought to take a screenshot? I'm skeptical..

I downloaded the app from Google Play. Right now I'm just getting the cloud screen with the count down clock. I'll be at the park tuesday, I'll try to see if it works.

^ Please take some screenshots if you can!

Hold up.... I thought this dive coaster was going to have 4 inversions....

SV ruins all other rides.

If that is indeed the coaster then it doesn't really follow the article. The article said 4 inversions. I'm hoping for a vertical loop.

2018- Raptor

CP Top 5- 1)MF 2) Maverick 3) Gatekeeper 4) Top Thrill Dragster 5) Raptor

http://imgur.com/mCjaiME
Here is the art that was described above. Looks pretty legit to me.

http://m.imgur.com/Zgf9rr2,FlMgevj,guhaXVu The app looks disgusting. The layout looks exactly as shown above

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service